I recently completed a 1 night stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Yakima, WA. Overall, this was a pretty typical HI Express property, and while there was nothing wrong with my stay at all, there was also nothing overly special either, and I don't think it was worth the room rate charged. The hotel is located just outside of "downtown" Yakima tucked back in a residential neighborhood. While not unsafe, I don't know if I would walk around the area alone at night.
The front desk staff was very friendly and check-in was smooth and easy. My room was on the 3rd floor and was of very nice size and was very clean and comfortable . There was a nice work desk with a comfy leather work chair. The free wifi was fast and easy to use. My only real complaint about the room itself is the lighting in the bathroom wasn't the greatest and made it feel really dingy. But otherwise, it was a comfortable night stay.
Breakfast in the morning was typical HI Express fare, which means super basic and barely edible. I usually stick to yogurt and toast as the eggs just look greasy and horrid.
Again, while there was nothing wrong with my stay I think my next time in Yakima I will shop around to see if there is a better value (Fairfield Inn, Hampton, etc....)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Yakima Hotel! Ideally located near the heart of downtown Yakima, we are just one block from the Yakima Convention Center, with quick freeway access. The Holiday Inn Express Yakima is your 'Gateway to Wine Country', with numerous local wineries to choose from throughout our Valley. While staying at the Holiday Inn Express Yakima Hotel, you will enjoy our complimentary, expanded deluxe continental breakfast, featuring hot and cold food selections, such as omelets, biscuits and gravy, fresh fruits, cereals, and of course, our famous cinnamon rolls! This Yakima hotel will help maintain your exercise regime in our fitness center. Swim year round in our indoor pool or relax in our hot tub. Whether you are staying with us for business, pleasure, or both, you will find our free, wireless, high-speed Internet access convenient for any situation. Attractions near hotel: Yakima Convention Center, Yakima Valley Wineries, Yakima Sundome, Apple Tree Golf Course ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Yakima reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Yakima Hotel Yakima
- Holiday Inn Yakima
- Yakima Holiday Inn Express