“Clean and quiet.”

Holiday Inn Express Yakima
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I have stayed in many hotels in the Yakima and this one was definitely the quietest and cleanest. The rooms are big with a well laid out open floor plan. They provide hot food throughout the day for example a hot breakfast with a very large assortment of menu items and potato soup in the evening. The biggest draw back is the tiny fitness center that only has three cardio machines and nothing else. Nice pool though.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Luis G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear Timothy L.
We are very pleased to know that your experience at the Holiday Inn Express in Yakima was very pleasant. I am happy to hear you got to enjoy many of our wonderful amenities and that you enjoy the comfort and cleanliness of your room. Thank you so much for your feedback, I informed my housekeeping department of your feedback and they were very pleased to hear they're doing a great job.
Thank you and we hope you come and stay with us again!
sincerely,

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Yakima

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have for a long time avoided booking Holiday Inn Express. The reason is that their prices seem to always be higher than other hotels within the same star level. But, I have always wanted to try Holiday Inn Express.
My recent trip gave me a chance. Their price was competitive in Yakima, WA.
Check-in was smooth and courteous. There was a microwave and a small refrigerator in the room. The room was O.K., with some exceptions.
The Express Start breakfast was similar to other hotels. Nothing greater than some other hotels while at the same time not any worse.
The exceptions: T.V. was not mounted straight. The chair at the desk was worn and ripped with foam padding bulging through the split. Water minerals were collecting on the commode and an ugly streak was beginning to show (an indication, to me, of shoddy cleaning).
The doors to the room and the bathroom were in disrepair. The luan paneled doors were peeling off at the bottom (not a desirable appearance for a nice hotel).
This is what floored me - After a day of touring, we returned late (after dinner time) one afternoon and found that the room had not been cleaned. We reported this to the front desk. The front desk offered to have someone clean the room (but it was too late for us - we were tried and wanted to rest without any disturbance). So, we did not accept the offer to clean. The person at the front desk NEVER apologized. Instead they made an excuse that the room number written on the work sheet looked like 222.
The next morning we checked-out. I told the front desk about my desires to try Holiday Inn Express. I mentioned the problem we had about the room not being cleaned and that I was disappointed with Holiday Inn Express. She listened and had no response. It’s amazing to me that NO ONE apologized for not cleaning the room.
I would choose another hotel if I were to return to Yakima.

Room Tip: Google shows a route to the hotel off I-82 via N 11th St., be aware this is through a shopping cente...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear trvlg4ever:
I am very sorry to hear you had a bad experience at our hotel during your stay. It is unacceptable you did not received an apology for the inconveniences you experienced. I personally wants to apologize for all of this and want to assure you my staff was informed about this review, Housekeeping and maintenance. It is my upmost concern to always provide great customer service to all of our guests. I am so sorry.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for a baseball tournament over the past weekend and I have to say it was GREAT. Staff was helpful, breakfast was ok and what I expected from a hotel breakfast and the rooms were clean. The hotel was also quiet - I know at least 2 teams of 15 year old boys were staying there.

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor (main floor for walking in) and it was nicely located

Dear Seattle_review:
I am so delighted to hear that you had a great experience during your stay at our hotel. It has always been our goal to provide great customer service and it is always wonderful to hear through feed back how are we doing. I passed this along to the rest of my staff and they are delighted as well to make our guests happy. Thank you and we hope to see you again,

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I usually enjoy the HI Express properties. This one wasn't up to par. The bedding/pillows were very low end - probably the worst I've had in quite some time. The A/C was hot/cold and very loud. I just couldn't get my room cool enough even though the night temps in this area are about 65 degrees.

The eggs on the breakfast buffet were very mysterious! They resembled an egg-like substance but were not good at all. I understand that it is more efficient to microwave some sort of egg-like mixture but this was not good...

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear FLJtodd,

We appreciate that you took the time to share your review of your recent experience at our property. This feedback is very helpful to us as we establish our best path to providing successful guest satisfaction.

Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and we regret our hotel did not live up to your expectations. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly.

Thank you for your feedback and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 13, 2013

The day we arrived in Yakima, it was 107 degrees. The room a/c cooled the room off very nicely without a lot of extra noise. The room was very clean, and the bed in the king suite was very comfortable. The wifi worked very well and was fast and easy to use. The breakfast on each of four days we ate there was good, and the staff kept it restocked.

During the days, I saw the cleaning staff working constantly. They obviously take pride in their work! Staff was friendly, too.

On weeknights, the hotel served soup at 6:30 p.m., and cookies and milk at 7:00 p.m., which we enjoyed several times.

My only complaint was a small issue with the bathroom floor: the tiles/flooring were very squeaky when we walked on them, as if the underlayment beneath them had not been installed properly. The faucet on the shower had also been broken, and had been "temporarily" fixed by driving a screw into it, which made it more difficult to use. With the record-breaking heat the week of July 4, the hallway on the 4th floor was incredibly hot, even with the a/c working (though my room stayed cool).

We stayed on the 4th floor, and it was very quiet, though I'm guessing the squeaky floor could probably be heard by the room below us.

TIP: Stay on the 4th floor.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Although we didn't experience any significant problems during our 1-night stay, we weren't particularly impressed. Front desk staff was reasonably friendly but not especially welcoming, helpful or professional. Wifi did not connect as instructions in room indicated, so a trip to the desk for walk-thru for correct connection method was needed. Breakfast was good, no attendant present when we ate breakfast (didn't need assistance, but appreciate an attendant for questions, quick refills of low-running items, etc.) Room/bed was clean/comfortable, nice Bath & Body Works toiletries. Views from the hotel/neighborhood not great--walls oft-painted-over to cover graffiti, etc. Although hotel seemed to full or nearly-full, it was quiet.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear Kathy T,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We're so glad you liked the cleanliness of the room accommodations you had. We would like to apologize you were not well satisfied with the service you received and for the challenges you had with our WiFi services was less than satisfactory. We're sorry the view of the neighborhood from our hotel did not live up to your expectations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed two nights during 4th of July on a third floor. Clean and comfortable room (King+sofa bed), nice breakfast choices with hot items (pancake, bacon, scramble eggs) + standard continental breakfast items, friendly and helpful staff, nice swimming pool+hot tub, great location close to shopping, restaurants, and easy access to freeway.

Everything is great. The only problem we had wast that the room above us was very loud on our second night. We didn't hear voice from next doors, BUT could also hear showering and flushing from the next door very clearly!

Overall, great experience, and will definitely consider HIE if we come to Yakima next time.

Room Tip: Maybe try the top floor to avoid jumping and running noise.