“Might try somewhere else!”

Holiday Inn Express Yakima
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We were in town for a conference at the Howard Johnson but they were booked so we stayed across the street at the Holiday Inn Express. The lobby looked nice & the front desk was nice. The rooms were a little old but I can handle that if they are CLEAN. The two problems I really had was 1. the rooms where so hot & I'm usually always cold. You had to sleep with the very loud air conditioner on high to even get it to a comfortable temp. 2. There was a dance team staying at the hotel in which they ran up & down the hallway until after 11pm laughing, shouting, slamming doors etc... I'm sure the hotel staff could hear them since we were all just down the hallway from the front desk.
Breakfast was pretty good!

Room Tip: Top floor. We were on the 1st floor & you could hear every step from the person above you.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear NorthDakotaBound,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay and for the room conditions that did not meet your expectations. The issues you have raised about the air conditioner will be addressed and appropriate actions will be taken. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I have stayed here multiple times before and keep coming back when I am here.

The room was clean and staff was great. I was acknowledged as a IHG member the check in was quick. At some of the Holiday Inn Expresses I am upgraded because I am a platnum member. I don't know if this hotel dose not do that or not but either way, I will stand by this hotel and keep coming back because I know what to expect and have always had a constant clean room and nice staff.

The heating system works great and plenty of hot water for the shower. parking in the front can be a pain in the evening. But there is parking behind the building. Plenty of places to eat near by and things to do just a short drive away.

Room Tip: For you smokers, I observed the rooms on the back bottom floor had sliding glass doors out the back...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I just stayed at the Yakima Holiday Inn Express for two nights and found it to be clean and comfortable.
There's a Bobs Burger and Brew within walking distance and a Target store right next door. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed here this weekend. The staff were very nice and helpful. Room was clean and comfortable. Nothing fancy, an affordable place to stay. Did not have any trouble finding it using google map navigation. Afternoon cookies are always a nice treat! Did not get a chance to use any of the amenities, but it appeared that the Breakfast had a pretty good crowd! Had wifi trouble in room, but none at all while sitting in the breakfast area. Overall a very good stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 7, 2012

There are 2 holiday inns 2blocks apart and I went to the main hotel first when I had reservations at the express.
The desk clerk was rude and walk away mid conversation to attend another matter.
When I finally found the express after having to navigate one way streets and dark residential roads, by the way my new TomTom could not locate the street
it is on the desk clerk quickly checked me in.
I have a government rate and at 70.00 the hotel is still priced high for the area.
Got to my room at 11 pm, room had a very musty smell and the bedding smelled unwashed. The room appeared clean but the smells were strong like cheap cologne and old laundry and I'm not smell sensetive.
They have great water pressure in the showers but the tap water taste awful. Bring bottled water'
Ok overall but check your room well before you unpack

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This was a very nice motel in Yakima Washington. The staff were all great, and helpful, when needed. The breakfast was more than adequate. Good variety! The location was very convenient, with easy access from the freeway, but not so close that I could hear it. If I had anything negative to say, it would be that I'd prefer a pillow-top mattress, which most good motels have now, so the bed was a little on the hard side, but still not too bad. I'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Idahohal
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Stayed here for a business trip and had a decent stay. Yakima - middle of the state and always sunny.

Arrival: our arrival was as expected - easy access off the highway - close to the conference center, grounds kept up nicely. Front desk staff were friendly and efficient. Check in was easy and quick.

Room: I have noticed that when I first enter a hotel room - it's like waiting for the dice to roll. Luckily we were in the company of the good spirits today. Our room was clean, ready, comfortable temperature and overall nice. Beds were comfortable, nice fridge and microwave. The bathroom made us wonder if there was a fan - but it must be ultra quiet and on with the light as we never heard but the bathroom never steamed up on us as if there was not a fan. I overall have NO complaints with the room.

Extras: nice pool/hot tub area -pool water was great temperature but we never made it down there after the first day when only my feet made it in.We used the patio to get some work done. Saw that the exercise room was popular but never checked it out. There is a business room in the lobby but we didn't need it so I can not respond on that. We never had an issue with the wifi - we were able to utilize every time we tried.

Breakfast: I love hotels that include breakfast. This was not a disappointment - decent selection - not huge but enough. Maintained throughout the morning and never ran out of supplies.

Staff: friendly - all through my stay all my encounters were great - gave directions to Starbucks on the way to the Arboretum where we would be spending our work time.

I smelled cookies in the afternoon and saw a basket on the counter - but I have no clue if there were actual cookies regularly in the afternoon or not - Check in staff never mentioned but the smell and the basket made me wonder.

Check out was quick and painless. Overall I was very comfortable and would return with my family and I had a choice of my hotels.

Room Tip: The hotel main level is actually level 2 on one end it is ground level and on the other end there is...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business