WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Holiday Inn Express Yakima

Holiday Inn Express Yakima
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Bellingham, Washington
“A Good Place To Stay In Yakima”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

I just stayed at the Yakima Holiday Inn Express for two nights and found it to be clean and comfortable.
There's a Bobs Burger and Brew within walking distance and a Target store right next door. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed here this weekend. The staff were very nice and helpful. Room was clean and comfortable. Nothing fancy, an affordable place to stay. Did not have any trouble finding it using google map navigation. Afternoon cookies are always a nice treat! Did not get a chance to use any of the amenities, but it appeared that the Breakfast had a pretty good crowd! Had wifi trouble in room, but none at all while sitting in the breakfast area. Overall a very good stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Gig Harbor, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

There are 2 holiday inns 2blocks apart and I went to the main hotel first when I had reservations at the express.
The desk clerk was rude and walk away mid conversation to attend another matter.
When I finally found the express after having to navigate one way streets and dark residential roads, by the way my new TomTom could not locate the street
it is on the desk clerk quickly checked me in.
I have a government rate and at 70.00 the hotel is still priced high for the area.
Got to my room at 11 pm, room had a very musty smell and the bedding smelled unwashed. The room appeared clean but the smells were strong like cheap cologne and old laundry and I'm not smell sensetive.
They have great water pressure in the showers but the tap water taste awful. Bring bottled water'
Ok overall but check your room well before you unpack

• Stayed September 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

This was a very nice motel in Yakima Washington. The staff were all great, and helpful, when needed. The breakfast was more than adequate. Good variety! The location was very convenient, with easy access from the freeway, but not so close that I could hear it. If I had anything negative to say, it would be that I'd prefer a pillow-top mattress, which most good motels have now, so the bed was a little on the hard side, but still not too bad. I'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Idahohal
Buckeye, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

Stayed here for a business trip and had a decent stay. Yakima - middle of the state and always sunny.

Arrival: our arrival was as expected - easy access off the highway - close to the conference center, grounds kept up nicely. Front desk staff were friendly and efficient. Check in was easy and quick.

Room: I have noticed that when I first enter a hotel room - it's like waiting for the dice to roll. Luckily we were in the company of the good spirits today. Our room was clean, ready, comfortable temperature and overall nice. Beds were comfortable, nice fridge and microwave. The bathroom made us wonder if there was a fan - but it must be ultra quiet and on with the light as we never heard but the bathroom never steamed up on us as if there was not a fan. I overall have NO complaints with the room.

Extras: nice pool/hot tub area -pool water was great temperature but we never made it down there after the first day when only my feet made it in.We used the patio to get some work done. Saw that the exercise room was popular but never checked it out. There is a business room in the lobby but we didn't need it so I can not respond on that. We never had an issue with the wifi - we were able to utilize every time we tried.

Breakfast: I love hotels that include breakfast. This was not a disappointment - decent selection - not huge but enough. Maintained throughout the morning and never ran out of supplies.

Staff: friendly - all through my stay all my encounters were great - gave directions to Starbucks on the way to the Arboretum where we would be spending our work time.

I smelled cookies in the afternoon and saw a basket on the counter - but I have no clue if there were actual cookies regularly in the afternoon or not - Check in staff never mentioned but the smell and the basket made me wonder.

Check out was quick and painless. Overall I was very comfortable and would return with my family and I had a choice of my hotels.

Room Tip: The hotel main level is actually level 2 on one end it is ground level and on the other end there is...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LetsGO-95
Ft Lewis, WA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012

I canceled my reservation and never made it to the HIE due to the horrible over the phone customer service. Miles, the receptionist, should attend training on how to conduct business over the phone. He failed to email my confirmation TWICE and nothing about his attitude sold me on staying at the HIE. I'm taking my business and my money to Ledgestone!

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ArmyStrong98433
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Yakima, responded to this review, June 23, 2012
Dear ArmyStrong98433,

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience the hotel staff may have caused. We will follow up with the staff to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you soon.

Zelyn N.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Edmonds, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012

Not a five star luxury, but a great stay. The bed was comfy, the breakfast dependably decent. This particular hotel has a machine that makes you a pancake while you wait- better than the messy waffle makers. ;-)

• Stayed May 2012