“Good for the price”

Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Kansas
“Good for the price”
Reviewed January 30, 2008

Property was being remodeled during my stay. Even so, I had no problems with noise. Rooms were decent, clean, and safe, and included hairdryer, small frig, and microwave. My only complaint with the room was if you turned the water on full blast at the sink, there was splash-back from the angle of the water hitting the stopper (it went all over the counter). Other than that, I had a great stay. The front desk clerk gave me good directions to restaurants and nearby stores. Even though the front lobby was being remodeled, breakfast was available each day.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
now
Reviewed November 18, 2007

You know what you're going to get with a HIE - comfy beds, toiletries that smell kindof like a lemon vanilla cookie and decent rooms with fridges and microwaves. Nice pool at this location. Good location with a Target close by and close access to the bike trail/walking trail that goes along the river. The surprise at this HIE is that even though I booked on line and fully disclosed the number of people in our room, the front desk tacked on a $10 charge because we had 2 adults and 2 kids in a room with 2 queen beds. Huh? And the minion at the front desk acted as if she was completely unempowered to make it right. Book this one by calling the hotel directly.

Stayed September 2007
1 Thank lostinthesupermarket
Custer, WA
Reviewed August 23, 2007

First of all...we had intended to fly to Portland, but the flights were full, so I called Holdiay Inn Express In Yakima the night before and the hotel clerk was so very helpful....I wanted to use my points, but priority club was not open, but he checked for a room and told me they would have one clean and reay for us in the morning! Most hotels woudl make you wait for a check-in time, but they weren't very full yet, and we got there and we were in our room by 10:00 in the morning. Very professional, courteous staff, and the rooms and the grounds were very clean. Also, we noticed security patroled the hotel area at night. The pool was great and the hotel clerk was helpful gving us directions.
All I can say is that it was a nice experience...there is a Target walking disntace and a liquor store close by and the room had a fridge and microwave.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dobberdoo
Seattle WA
Reviewed June 4, 2007

It's not the Ritz, but a good solid value. Clean, comfortable, breakfast as expected at HIE. I don't know where many of the others who have written reviews stayed! My only recommendation is to stay away from rooms just over the exit on the 1st floor. It's where the smokers congregate and if cigarette smoke bothers you it will get in your room.

• Liked — Price, cleanliness
  • Disliked — Smokers
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank alycara
Denmark, Australia
Reviewed March 12, 2007

We've been staying at hotels in Yakima frequently this past year, and have always unsatisfied with the hotel experience. Two weeks ago we tried the holiday inn express for the first time and finally felt we had found a great place we can keep coming back to. Everything was of good quality from the wireless service, to the bed (none of those yucky hotel comforters), to the showers, the pool, and breakfast. We even extended our stay another night & usually we're counting the hours until we can be home again. I'd recommend this to a friend.

Stayed March 2007
3 Thank ms.coconut
Coeur d'Alene, ID
Reviewed January 17, 2007

My family stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Yakima for 4 days/3 nights. After visiting Yakima, I don't think we would ever stay here again. There seems to be a lot nicer hotels in the area. I had blocked off 10 rooms for the families on my son's basketball team, but each of those families had to call in with their credit card info. It was strange, if the original person I talked to wasn't on duty, none of their other staff could book their room. It was really a hassle to try and catch only her. Also, none of our rooms were together. There were like 5 on our floor and the other 5 were spread throughout the hotel. I agree with the other reviews, the floor squeaked badly. Every morning when I took a shower I woke up my family because of the squeaking tub, it was horrible. The bathroom was very small and with kids this hotel just did not work for us. The breakfast was nice, but it was supposed to on until 9:30 am, but the staff would start cleaning up by 9:00 and if you asked for anything, they acted totally bothered. It was very rude. While we were there the hot tub was taped off for repairs and it was never fixed in 4 days. I am trying to think of something nice about the hotel and the only thing I can think of is the pool is open 24 hours!

• Liked — Pool was open 24 hours
  • Disliked — Squeaky floors
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with family
4 Thank Traveler_from_Idaho
SalesManagerYakima, Sales Manager at Holiday Inn Express Yakima, responded to this review, April 7, 2007
The Holiday Inn Express Yakima greatly appreciates the teams and their families that stay with us at our hotel! While we do all that we can to place team rooms near one another, that may not always be possible, often due to our higher occupancy and the room types requested.

Our breakfast bar is always open from 6:30am – 9:30am, and our staff is happy to accommodate our guests’ needs. As with all hotels, general maintenance on pools and hot tubs must be done periodically to ensure cleanliness and proper functioning. We regret any inconvenience that this guest and his family may have experienced.

Fairmont, MN
Reviewed September 23, 2006

We stayed in Yakima to visit relatives and then to start our National Park tour.

I used points for the stay and check-in was a breeze. Everyone was very friendly.

We would stay here again.

• Liked — Hot cookies
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple