WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Holiday Inn Express Yakima

Holiday Inn Express Yakima
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Vancouver, WA
“Customer Service is Job One for this Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

I am pleased to write a review on behalf of the Holiday Inn Express in Yakima, Washington. I called the hotel direct to see if I could reserve a block of rooms for our soccer team at a discounted price. The gal that worked with me; her name is Brittany. She exceeded my expectations. There was no hesitation in providing a block room discount. The rooms were on the same floor which makes it easy to keep the players corralled at the hotel. She was very helpful to insure I understood my responsibility of cancelling a room if all rooms were not booked.

Upon arrival/check-in, Brittany was working the front desk. She checked us in with ease. She also noted to me; she doubled check my reservation earlier in the day to insure I followed through on canelling the extra rooms that were not booked so I wouldn't have to pay additional room fees. Thank you Brittany!!!

Another bright spot about Brittany that amazed me is her work ethics. The next morning I was having their continental breakfast. The breakfast line was set up by the graveyard shift employee and she did a good job setting up the breakfast line. The line was very eye applealing. Now here's the notewothy part; the graveyard shift employee was laxed about maintaining the line. As Brittany reported to work, she immediately took charge and restocked the breakfast items in a short period of time. She also removed the full garbage cans. She spruced up the breakfast line. At one point during my breakfast, I saw Brittany mopping the floor in their breakfast prep room. By the way, at the same time she still had her front desk responsibilities. To Mr. Luis E. Gutierrez, the General Manager of the hotel and corporate of Holdiay Inn Express; you are blessed to have an excellent individual working for you. Brittany is worthy of your praise and investment.

The hotel itself, the rooms were clean and I saw no issues with the carpet (dirty feet). The beds are beds, my family had no issues with them. My wife liked how the bathroom/shower room was seperate from the wash basin. The apperance of the rooms, lobby, hallways, and general apperance of the hotel inside/outside had clean and modern look. The hotel is somewhat aged, thin walls and floor creaks for the noise factor. But then it's not different from other hotels that I've stayed in.

I am spoiled to a good breakfast. Their continental breakfast is par which is based on similar continental breakfasts at other hotels. The food that needed to be hot was hot and the food that needed to be cold was cold. In addition, the food was fresh. I have no complaints.

The hotel has an indoor pool and hot tub. The pool was comfortably warm and the hot tub was perfectly hot. In addition, they have a little tots pool for little ones. You don't see that often in a hotel. The noteworthy part here, the pool, the tots pool, and the hot tub is well maintained. I say that because I used to run swimming pools for a living. The chlorine levels were good.

Even though it's somewhat expensive to stay here, I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Eastern OR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

We've spent several nights here over the past four years. The staff is helpful, friendly beyond the very good customer service, with personality. The rooms are clean, the building and grounds are well kept. It is pricy but pretty consistent for the chain.

Room Tip: We've not had a bad one.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Olympia, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2012

After a very long day of travel and work, it was so wonderful to check in to this great hotel. The last couple of times I've been in Yakima, I stayed at the Oxford Suites and Oxford Inn. I had forgotten how wonderful this Holiday Inn Express is. It's older, but don't let that discourage you! It's clean and the staff are very friendly - which is rare in hotels these days!

During the week, they offer a Crockpot of yummy soup for guests. I think it was Chicken Gumbo the night I stayed...it was good whatever it was! Then, before retiring to my room for the night, the very nice desk clerk put out fresh chocolate chip cookies with milk. I can't remember the last time I went to bed with cookies and milk, but it was certainly when I was still living with my parents...oh the memories...

I wish all the hotels on my travels were this well ran. I'll be back next time I'm in Yakima!

PS - This is a dog-friendly hotel. I stayed here many years back with my medium sized dog and it was a good experience (hotels and dogs can be hit or miss.)

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2012

This is by far one of THE best HIE we have stayed at. The lady at the front desk, Lora, was friendly and exceptionally helpful and friendly. The room was clean, the bedding was fresh and the internet service was excellent. The breakfast was wonderful, warm for those who wanted warm and cold for those who wanted cold and everything was well prepared. We received a small gift on arrival, just some munchies but it made a difference. Lora was kind enough to provide us with a number to order food for delivery as well as a coupon for discount too. This to me is 'going the extra mile'. I do commend Lora on the service she provided - she certainly is an asset to this HIE. We had our small dog with us and this was no problem at all. Overall an excellent experience and I would certainly go back again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Spokane Valley, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2011

Everything I love about HIE. The outstanding feature was their delightfully warm pool. Fabulous!

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank L01S
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2011

1st floor is for the pets and room smelled like it! Reassigned room better but the kid checking in does not need to be there! If you live in holiday inn 4 nights a week on average they usually upgrade room, give gifts, and non of this happened so I would choose the Hilton or Fairfield Marriot if I return!

• Stayed September 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Spokane, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

Nice clean hotel, great bed and a nice breakfast all for a decent price. What more could you ask for?

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business