I am pleased to write a review on behalf of the Holiday Inn Express in Yakima, Washington. I called the hotel direct to see if I could reserve a block of rooms for our soccer team at a discounted price. The gal that worked with me; her name is Brittany. She exceeded my expectations. There was no hesitation in providing a block room discount. The rooms were on the same floor which makes it easy to keep the players corralled at the hotel. She was very helpful to insure I understood my responsibility of cancelling a room if all rooms were not booked.
Upon arrival/check-in, Brittany was working the front desk. She checked us in with ease. She also noted to me; she doubled check my reservation earlier in the day to insure I followed through on canelling the extra rooms that were not booked so I wouldn't have to pay additional room fees. Thank you Brittany!!!
Another bright spot about Brittany that amazed me is her work ethics. The next morning I was having their continental breakfast. The breakfast line was set up by the graveyard shift employee and she did a good job setting up the breakfast line. The line was very eye applealing. Now here's the notewothy part; the graveyard shift employee was laxed about maintaining the line. As Brittany reported to work, she immediately took charge and restocked the breakfast items in a short period of time. She also removed the full garbage cans. She spruced up the breakfast line. At one point during my breakfast, I saw Brittany mopping the floor in their breakfast prep room. By the way, at the same time she still had her front desk responsibilities. To Mr. Luis E. Gutierrez, the General Manager of the hotel and corporate of Holdiay Inn Express; you are blessed to have an excellent individual working for you. Brittany is worthy of your praise and investment.
The hotel itself, the rooms were clean and I saw no issues with the carpet (dirty feet). The beds are beds, my family had no issues with them. My wife liked how the bathroom/shower room was seperate from the wash basin. The apperance of the rooms, lobby, hallways, and general apperance of the hotel inside/outside had clean and modern look. The hotel is somewhat aged, thin walls and floor creaks for the noise factor. But then it's not different from other hotels that I've stayed in.
I am spoiled to a good breakfast. Their continental breakfast is par which is based on similar continental breakfasts at other hotels. The food that needed to be hot was hot and the food that needed to be cold was cold. In addition, the food was fresh. I have no complaints.
The hotel has an indoor pool and hot tub. The pool was comfortably warm and the hot tub was perfectly hot. In addition, they have a little tots pool for little ones. You don't see that often in a hotel. The noteworthy part here, the pool, the tots pool, and the hot tub is well maintained. I say that because I used to run swimming pools for a living. The chlorine levels were good.
Even though it's somewhat expensive to stay here, I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Yakima Hotel! Ideally located near the heart of downtown Yakima, we are just one block from the Yakima Convention Center, with quick freeway access. The Holiday Inn Express Yakima is your 'Gateway to Wine Country', with numerous local wineries to choose from throughout our Valley. While staying at the Holiday Inn Express Yakima Hotel, you will enjoy our complimentary, expanded deluxe continental breakfast, featuring hot and cold food selections, such as omelets, biscuits and gravy, fresh fruits, cereals, and of course, our famous cinnamon rolls! This Yakima hotel will help maintain your exercise regime in our fitness center. Swim year round in our indoor pool or relax in our hot tub. Whether you are staying with us for business, pleasure, or both, you will find our free, wireless, high-speed Internet access convenient for any situation. Attractions near hotel: Yakima Convention Center, Yakima Valley Wineries, Yakima Sundome, Apple Tree Golf Course and the Seasons Performance Hall. The Holiday Inn Express Yakima. Stay Smart. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotel.de, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Yakima reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Yakima Hotel Yakima
- Holiday Inn Yakima
- Yakima Holiday Inn Express