“The King Executive "Suites" Are Quite Nice”

Oxford Suites Yakima
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Reviewed July 27, 2007

We have stayed at this motel several times (which is not to be confused with its sister property Oxford Inn).

We booked a "NS King Executive Suite with River View," and were pleased to find that the room has been recently redecorated in what I would describe as "contemporary upscale motel vernacular."

I learned from the desk clerk that all rooms have been upgraded recently, but only the King Executive Suites have all new furnishings.

The rate includes a manages reception (wine, beer, soft drinks and snacks that constitute a meal) and a full breakfast. The morning we ate breakfast it included everything you might expect plus scrambled eggs, hash browns, and sausage patties.

We ate our breakfast on the quiet, sun-drenched terrace with view of the Yakima River and mountains beyond.

This is our favorite place to stay in Yakima. Now we have to find a place we like to eat.

Stayed: July 2007

Reviewed February 20, 2007

I stayed at the Oxford Suites in early February while returning from an extended vacation. I parked my pickup with locked canopy directly in front of the left side door under a light. I chose this location thinking it's visibility would be more a theft deterent as I had more stuff in the vehicle than we could take into the hotel room. In the morning I found the back of the truck had been forced open and two bicycles stolen. Another vehicle in a different part of the lot was also broken into and a satellite radio taken. This was a perfect way to spoil what had been a pretty good holiday.

Stayed: February 2007
4  Thank corpguy
Reviewed March 15, 2006

On the plus side, the Oxford Suites is on the Yakima River with a nice walking/jogging path. The price includes a free breakfast and reception. On the downside, the rooms are dated and the "reception" is kind of gross (french fries, a selection of three beers or box wine, etc.). The hotel has the right idea, but the execution is not exactly right. The location is on a busy street with Walmart and car dealerships. Overall, I thought the hotel was fine - I was neither impressed or disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2006
3  Thank KrisBAtlanta
Reviewed September 23, 2005

I wrote a previous (negative) review of the Red Lion Yakima Center. In search of a new place to stay, I heard people raving about the Oxford Suites. After my three night stay, I join the chorus of loyal customers. The room was utilitarian and clean. The bed was extremely firm...just the way I like it. They had a better than expected free breakfast and evening hospitality beverage(s) and snacks also included in the room rate. It appeared to me that the hotel was built such that all rooms had a view of the river. I saw a security company patroling the well lit, safe feeling parking lot at night. What was most impressive to me was: (1) they replenished soap and shampoo on a daily basis; and (2) they left a light on for the homey feel. Those two little touches are things I haven't seen in awhile. I conclude, this was a great place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2005, traveled on business
3  Thank DKS65
A TripAdvisor Member
Norfork, Virginia
Reviewed May 3, 2005

It wasn't the best stay I have had in Yakima. The room wasn't ready when I arrived and I had to wait for a bit to get into it. The evening desk person wasn't the most friendly. I hope that the Manager there takes the time to train the staff to provide better customer service. I will try again, but it will be awhile.

• Stayed: March 2005, traveled on business
Reviewed August 30, 2004

We have family in Yakima and frequently stay overnight there. We have tried many hotels over the years and find that we like the Oxford Suites best of all. The rooms are clean and comfortable with many amenities such as fridge, microwave, coffee maker and iron/ironing board. The room we like has a king size bed and a sofa sleeper. A pretty decent breakfast is included with your stay. In addition to the usual fare such as cereal and juice, there are hot items like scrambled eggs and bacon.

However, what we love most about the Oxford Suites is that the hotel is right on the banks of the Yakima River. If you request a ground floor room, you will literally be a few steps away from the river and the lovely walking/jogging path that follows the river! Another plus is that this hotel takes pets. We love to stay here with our 60 pound Black Lab!

This is a great place to stay and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2004
6  Thank Gabriel_B's_Mom
Reviewed October 17, 2003

We stayed at Oxford Suites for two nights in October 2003. The front office staff was helpful, the room was comfortable, and the view of the river was lovely. We enjoyed the breakfasts and the evening receptions.
We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2003