“Brilliant do not stay anywhere else ”

Oxford Suites Yakima
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
“Brilliant do not stay anywhere else ”
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

We were here for about a week and included the dreaded power outage that affected parts if the city. Got to know the staff. Without exception everyone made us feel at home.

Bill the chef is a classic, nothing too difficult, bar staff fabulous, front desk amazing. A true home away from home.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Dizzyg33

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Yakima, Washington
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I stayed at this hotel during a business trip to Yakima so the hotel was set up for me. Upon my arrival, I was surprised at the rooms size, having a sliding glass door to an balcony (2nd floor room). The balcony has 2 small patio chairs overlooking the Yakima river. This was a great surprise that I was not expecting. The room also had a separate seating area (with its own TV) from the bed area with its own TV.
The only complaint I would have, and this is just my personal preference, is that I am not a fan of the soap, shampoo and conditioner dispensers in the shower. I feel it looks like the hotel is more concerned with cost savings than providing quality supplies to their guests. They were clean and stocked, but I'm just not a fan.

2 Thank Jrees01
Encinitas, California
Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

I came into town on Sunday with my two Boxers and wanted a quiet room with a view. I had time to spend in the morning and heard there was a nice view and River walk.

Josh, working reception last night, was extremely helpful. He checked me in whole taking calls and hanging the callers courteously as well. Not a tinge of frustration in his voice. This young man was so well spoken and professional...I hope they know what they've got there.

Had a lovely stay. The room was well appointed and having a cafe in site that was still serving was a God send. When traveling with dogs there is so much you need to do to get your bags in, then walk dogs if you've been driving a while, then feed them, then find your own food...you often don't get to your own dinner! I hate tossing the dogs back in the car after I check in somewhere, while I hunt down dinner. The hotel server put my sand which in a tray and up I went to watch TV in the sitting area of my King suite, while my dogs snoozed. Perfect.

They loved the River walk the next morning too. One bit of advice might be to provide a waste can near the River path so guests have somewhere to toss waste. It's a shame to bring it back to the cans near hotel entrances? I noted a sign up the path warning that weed killing chemicals were sprayed on the River side embankment recently by the city and it might be nice to let pet owning guests know to just let their dogs veer off the path on the hotel side on the grass.

Great stay!

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank reeganr
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed June 19, 2014

I was going to a conference and booked a king suite room here. The price was less then the hotel I stayed in last year and I got a view of the river here. It is just a little further to the conference center but so much more relaxing. The room had a sitting area that I could close off from the bed area. Nice balcony. I was able to get a great breeze in the room. It had a microwave and small fridge. The only thing I would suggest is that instead of plastic bathtub kits that they put is tile and nice tubs. The staff were great too. I will use this hotel again.

1 Thank Sandy B
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Great choice for a friend and me and two dogs. Very nice connecting rooms, walking path along river out the sliding doors, reasonable prices and good food at Bistro to go with the salad and beverages included in room price. Quiet and convenient to Hwy 97. And pleasant and helpful desk and service staff!

Room Tip: Lower floor really convenient with pets.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank cdecker693
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed June 10, 2014

How nice to stay at a hotel for business where they recognize you and greet you by name...almost makes working in Yakima fun. The rooms are perfectly suited for business travelers and the beds are almost as comfortable as home. The walking path along the river is right out their back door which is a great way to start or end your day.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms located in the middle away from the elevators and ice machines.
2 Thank Rosemary W
Goldendale, Washington
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Julia the night auditor was awesome! My call to your property @ 6:30am was answered with a very cheerful good morning. I was not a guest at the property, however my sister and her family were. It was my nephew's 13th birthday and I just wanted to let him know we were thinking of him on his special day. I stated my request to Julia and she was very willing to work to help me. My request may seem small ~ but it was the thought that counted and Julia was all about that. She went to the gift shop and got a birthday card and placed 13 pennies in the card to help with a tradition that my husband and I have ~ a penny for every birthday. Sometimes the little things in life that someone does makes a world of difference. I applaud you Oxford Suites for a wonderful employee who was all about Customer Service. Thank you Julia for going over and above with a beautiful attitude. :-)

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family