“Excellent overnight stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Omak, Washington
“Excellent overnight stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

After a long day on the road it was very appreciated to check into this clean comfortable property. The staff was pleasant and offered us our choice of floors and we enjoyed being on the Fourth floor overlooking the river. Good sized room with balcony and able to open door and get fresh air. Evening reception was good and breakfast gave us a good start to the day. Would definitely stay here again and can see why it receives top rating for Yakima. We have stayed in other places in Yakima over the years and Oxford Suites is definitely at the top of our list.

Room Tip: We enjoyed our top floor room. It was very quiet.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Auburn, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

Tired of day after day of fog in the south Puget Sound region, we made our reservation at the Oxford and headed to Yakima. Glad we did. Not only was the drive over Chinook Pass under clear blue skies and bright sunshine, but the Oxford Suites has been delightful. Our fourth floor Executive King suite overlooked the river and walking trail (we went for an hour long walk yesterday afternoon). It was roomy, had two TVs (good for when one of us wanted to watch Monday Night Football and the other didn't), fast internet service, a comfortable bed and pillows, a shower with good water pressure, and it was nicely furnished and appointed. There's a nice indoor pool and hot tub which about ten kids and adults were using. The front desk staff members in the afternoon, evening, and morning were friendly, professional (wearing uniforms), and helpful, as was the staff in the Bistro for the evening meal and breakfast. There were complimentary fresh apples and cookies in the lobby. The complimentary evening meal was soup, salad, rolls, and two beverages. My wife likes soup and salad for dinner, but for me, after a salad and two bowls of soup, I walked next door to Burger King to top things off. There's also a Mexican restaurant about one block away. The breakfast was very good; eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, various breads, juices, etc. The Oxford Suites is a very good value in my estimation. We've paid much more for much less many times. I look forward to another opportunity to stay at the Oxford Suites and I definitely give it my recommendation. This is a nice, comfortable, well-run property.

1 Thank Roadtrip E
Kingston, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

This property is clean, quiet, convenient, modern, and has very pleasant people working there. Burger King is right next door. It is easily reached from the freeway but didn't have freeway noise. Also, not far from downtown. LOVED the chocolate chip cookies available in the lobby in the evenings. Since we don't drink, we didn't need the 2 drinks coupons per person every night that are included with the room price, so it would be nice to be able to exclude that perk.

Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

Good sized room overlooking the river which was a real plus. Don't know if it was because we were on the top floor but the internet service was probably the worst I have experienced in a very long time - made a cruise ship's internet look fast! Did not matter whether you connected with a PC, tablet, phone or Kindle the speed was so bad it was unusable.

Included breakfast was pretty good for a hotel but evening reception is nothing to get excited about - salad is just mixed lettuce and a choice of two dressings.

We stayed for three days - service was so-so - room service items left in the corridor were often not picked up for over 12 hours - desk staff are friendly and helpful.

There are a few new hotels in Yakima now - will probably stay at one of these if we pass through again - I suspect this hotel will not retain it's #1 rating too much longer.

Room Tip: Rooms higher up and at the back of the hotel have a river view which is much better than the road an...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MikeF32
Lacey, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

The only confusing thing is the Oxford Suites is located almost immediately next door to the Oxford Inn. I have no idea what the difference is between the two or why the two similarly-shaped buildings are so close to each other, but on a business trip my boss and colleagues ended up at the Inn while I stayed at the Suites.

The entryway is impressive, with big marbled columns, lavish decor, overstuffed furniture, and an amazing array of decorative ceiling fans...not what you'd expect for a hotel in Yakima (and trust me, I've stayed in more than a few). But on top of that, the staff was very friendly and helpful in a way that stood apart from other employees at other hotels. These folks seemed like a good team that cared about the comfort of their guests, and it showed.

An unexpected added bonus was the free breakfast coupon and free beverage coupon I got upon check-in...adult beverages included. What a perk! The lounge was nice and clean, the bartender friendly and attentive and the beverage selection included local microbrews.

The room itself stood apart from any other hotel I'd stayed at. It was clean, modern and impressively spacious. In addition, there was a balcony with two chairs and a wonderful view of the Yakima River. At that point, I was sold.

There is also a very nice jogging trail that runs along the river immediately behind the hotel.

At one point early in the morning, I heard a dog yapping incessantly several rooms down. Other than that, the hotel was very quiet and peaceful. I only wish I could have stayed there a few more days.

Two days after checkout, I realized I had left my cell phone charger in their room. I called, they looked, found it and offered to ship it to me. Since I was headed back through Yakima later in the week it wasn't necessary, and when I stopped by to pick it up they were once again friendly and customer-oriented.

This is a real hidden gem for mid-price range travelers who have to stay in Yakima.

Room Tip: There are four floors, and the higher up you are the better the view of the Yakima River.
Fox Island, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

Whenever I travel to Yakima, I staying here at the Oxford Suites. They always have a light snack available in the evening and a very nice hot breakfast in the morning. The rooms are very nice, clean, and quiet. Internet works great. I get a lot of work done. I love the view of the Yakima River and walking along it. America's Largest retailer is only 500 yards away so I can walk there if I need anything.

Room Tip: I like the rooms on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Floor. WIFI seems to be good all over.
Renton, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

We are in Yakima for a Kiwanis event and one of the members provided us a room at the Oxford Suites. We have stayed at one other Oxford Suites and enjoyed it, this one in Yakima did not disappoint. Check in was fast, the hotel common area's are clean as well as the room. We got upgraded to the Riverside Suite, very nice room on the 4th floor. The Bistro, open from 5PM to 10PM was very nice. They provide you with 2 free drink coupons per person, wine, beer and soda pop. They have a limited full bar but with some good choices for anyone. If you are staying in Yakima visit the Oxford Suites, the General Manager is a Kiwanian and she and her staff will make you feel welcome. Thank you Penny.

1 Thank Pamela-and-Greg