“WONDERFUL”

Oxford Suites Yakima
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Recently stayed at the Oxford Suites in Yakima. Have stayed there on several occasions. The rooms are always clean, the staff extremely nice, the breakfast good, etc. This trip was exceptional for me. When I left, I was about 40 minutes down the road headed to Seattle to catch a plane to Arizona when I noticed I left my diamond rings and wedding band at the hotel in my room. I immediately called and they had someone go up to my room and get my rings. I sent my brother-in-law over to pick them up. HONEST hotel. About 8 years ago I stayed at another hotel in Yakima and left a jacket from a three piece pant suit in my room. When I called that hotel, they said it wasn't there. I knew I left it in the closet. Strongly recommend the Oxford Suites in Yakima. Oh, and walking along the river every morning in Yakima is wonderful also. Sitting on your deck watching the river is very nice. I also forgot to mention the great evening cocktail tickets and the friendly bartender. Will also stay there when we are in Yakima. Thanks folks! Stayed at the Oxford Suites in Pendleton. Not near as nice and not a great experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sandi C
There are newer reviews for Oxford Suites Yakima

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Way better than we had anticipated. The room next to the Yakima River was a treat. The staff is really a plus, very willing to be helpful and cordial.
The happy hour was a great treat, and the soup and salad bar was very well done and quite tasty. A repeat visit is in order.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Excellent place to stay. My choice year after year. Proximity to the freeway and main Yakima thoroughfares makes this a very convenient location. Also the location right on the river walk trail makes for very nice morning and evening walks along the river. The breakfast provided is exceptional. All staff encountered were friendly and most definitely service oriented.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Suites are located EAST of the freeway, past Oxford INN. We had a lovely room on the river, along the Green walkway. The room truly is a SUITE, with a sliding door separating the bedroom area from the sitting room, complete with a second TV, a writing desk, refrigerator, and a soft (maybe too soft?) sofa. Everything was very nice. The only thing that lacked was, perhaps, a sheer curtain hanging over the door to the balcony. A sheer would have permitted guests to see the view outside and get light, but would have prevented passersby from looking into the rooms so easily.

Room Tip: Enjoy all the rooms! They are lovely.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We enjoyed our stay and found everything we needed--as Yakima was a short stop on the way to and from other places. Front desk staff were very pleasant and helpful! They seemed happy in their work. The limited bistro was convenient for supper and breakfast, and was made better by friendly staff. The best part of our room was the peacefulness due to the river flowing by and no street noise. The decor and size were very fine too. All in all: Exceptional. If I'm ever in Yakima again (definitely during peach season again), I'd stay here.

Room Tip: I don't know if any of the rooms are on the street side, but if so, I would ask to be on the riv...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank mariah98
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is our second stay at an Oxford Suites. The first was in Bend, Oregon and we loved it! This one is a bit different, but we stayed in the Riverview Suite and really enjoyed it. This suite is a corner upstairs (4th floor) apartment like room with a refrig, 2 bathrooms, a nice sitting area, lovely bedroom with comfortable king bed and great master bathroom. It's very quiet and has a nice view of the Yakima River. It's a bit dark, but that wasn't much of a detraction at all. There's a welcome happy hour type thing and a complimentary breakfast that was quite adequate. Definitely would stay there again if in Yakima.

Room Tip: We loved the Riverview Suite, but any of the 4th floor river front suites would be nice.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2013

What a fantastic property. Almost everything about the Oxford Suites is exceptional. Alicia, Sarah, Melissa, and Jocelyn work at the front desk and did a great job.

The only thing I can suggest is some vegetarian options in the bistro for dinner. A pack of gardenburgers in the refrigerator would be enough to cover that, but almost everything on the menu is unsuitable! I was hungry a lot. Kind of a bummer.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo