“Great Stay”

Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Spokane, Washington
“Great Stay”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

This actually was my first time visiting the Yakima area. My husband and I were just passing through and wanted to stop into Yakima to visit some wineries. I was told to look on trip advisor to see hotels in the area and how they were rated; Oxford Suites was rated number one, which was one of the reasons why we chose to stay here. Let me tell you that was such a great decision! This hotel offers a fantastic evening reception, and breakfast was delicious. I especially loved being able to take my dog out along the back area and walk along the river. I also really appreciated the girl at the front desk (Tasha?) who went out of her way to make sure we got the best deal on our room. The only complaint I have is the room next to us was a bit loud, I'm not sure if the walls are too thin or if they were just extremely loud. Other then that, I would love to come back and visit next summer!

Room Tip: If you have a pet like we did, I would suggest getting on the first floor because it makes for great...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Rachel B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Smithfield, Utah
Reviewed September 5, 2012

This was our first time staying at an Oxford Suites hotel and I will say that it won't be the last. My family and I were very much impressed with our accommodations at this Oxford Suites and very much enjoyed our stay there. The room was so clean and comfortable that you did not feel as though you had to keep something on your feet at all times. It was so clean that you could easily feel comfortable walking around bare foot! Each room at this location has it's own view and balcony overlooking the Yakima River which is also a nice touch. The only thing our room did not have that I would have liked was a small refrigerator to keep things cold such as medications that need refrigeration. The morning breakfast was yummy and filling and the beds were comfortable.

Room Tip: I suspect all rooms are good and they all have a river view. We did notice one family with an anima...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
WesternTrvlr, Manager at Oxford Suites Yakima, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We really appreciate the words of praise. We wanted to let you know that each of our rooms has a mini-refrigerator. In some rooms, the refrigerator is located behind a cabinet door, beneath the TV, and perhaps that is why you did not see it. Remember that you can always call our front desk team, if you are in need of anything, and we'll be happy to help you. Thanks for taking the time to comment - we look forward to your next visit!
Spokane Valley, Washington
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was my first visit to Yakima and stayed here based on other reveiwers' comments. I found that it is an older facility, but has been updated somewhat. The rooms were smaller than the pictures would have indicated, but still a nice, clean room. The floor creaked when we walked across the threshold between the sitting room and the bedroom (room 212). I also was uncomfortable hearing voices as they passed by our room, indicating that rooms may not be as insulated as you might like. Evening reception is nice, although the box wine is a bit tacky. You can pay a premium (2 coupons) to get a nicer wine. Breakfast was average. I can understand the economics of feeding a family here, but I've experienced better. Front desk staff were excellent and accomodating. TV's are still old bulky style. Time to upgrade. It would give the impression of a wider room in what ends up being narrow due to the furniture required to accomodate the old TV.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Cheney, Wa
Reviewed September 3, 2012

All Oxford Suites I've been to are excellent. This one in Yakima was no exception. Staff were wonderful--as usual--and the facility was clean and inviting. Probably one of the first opened in Washington, with a bit dated appearance and missing a few amenities that the newer ones have, i.e., steam room. That was no matter. We were in Yakima to be on the go, and OxSuites was the perfect place to relax at the end of the day. People need to realize with the complimentary evening snacks/drinks and hot full breakfast, you are actually saving on your travel costs when traveling with family. We're a big family, and we would have dropped at least $50 every morning eating out at a local establishment for similar fare. Bargain! This will always be our first choice when visiting Yakima in the future...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed August 23, 2012

This is our favorite hotel in Yakima. We like the recently up-dated rooms with balcony overlooking the Yakima River, the evening reception, and the full breakfast.

However, I noted some problems on our recent visit that management might want to correct.

The toilet paper is the poorest quality I have encountered is a long, long time. It is hard, scratchy, and unpleasant to use. Fortunately we were traveling with tissues.

This hotel now offers only liquid soap--a product that I don't like to use because I have been using bar soap for all of my very long life. I have noticed that some hotels that offer liquid soap also put out one small bar of soap for those, such as me, who prefer bar soap.

Also, in the bath room there are three containers of liquid nailed to the wall--bath soap, shampoo, and conditioner. However, the only legible writing on the bottles is the name of the hotel and the name of fragrance ("orange" something). The words identifying the contents of the bottles is illegible because it is printed in a shade very similar to the color of the bottle. Once in the shower, I had to get out dripping wet to locate my eyeglasses to figure out which bottle contained bath soap.

Management has replaced the 4-cup coffee makers with a little device that makes one cup of coffee. The Wolfgang Puck coffee is good, but these proliferating little coffee makers are of no use to those of us who enjoy a good cup of coffee. Fortunately, we travel with a 4-cup coffee maker.

The mattress is room 420 is due for replacement.

The room was clean, but when I got on the floor to exercise I noticed two objects under the sofa that didn't belong there.

At breakfast we enjoy having an English muffin. However, next to the toaster only white bread and wheat bread were available. So I made wheat toast. Then, to my surprise, atop the counter where eggs and breakfast meat are dispensed, there was a tray of bagels and English muffins tightly wrapped in a clear plastic as though they were going to be offered when somebody better than us showed up.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2012

The customer care and helpfullness that our family received when visiting us in June was exceptional. In a world where people are busy, we found that the staff were more helpful than usually expected.
This makes Oxford Suites the only hotel we will suggest to visiting friends and family.

• Stayed June 2012