All reviewsevening receptionthe riversoup and saladfree drinksbeer or winedrink ticketspresidential suitewalking pathgreat place to staysitting areagreenway trailmorning breakfastcomplimentary breakfastburger kingindoor poolrooms are cleannice stay
Reviewed April 4, 2012

Two adults/2 teens stayed in a dble queen room which included a small sofa and table with two chairs. A bit cramped, but we made it work. The view of the river is nice but know that it is a popular walking trail so upper floors have a bit more privacy. The evening reception was pretty good - a creamy cheesy potato soup and bagged salad with dressings, and rolls. We were given drink coupons for the bartender however there weren't any free options at the buffet for the teens - not even water. Breakfast was average - premade eggs, sausage and bacon, dry potatoes. We used the pool (indoor) and had it completely to ourselves. There is a large Walmart across the street for necessities. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank seeking_seashells
WesternTrvlr, Manager at Oxford Suites Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to comment. We want to apologize to you for not clearly explaining that two complimentary soft drinks, per person, were availble at the bar for each of your teenagers. We are pleased that you enjoyed the rest of your stay. We look forward to serving your lodging needs in the future. Thanks again for your feedback!

Reviewed March 31, 2012

Clea, comfortable and good amount of space. Due to recovering from surgery/rehab I needed walk in shower. Enough space, things laid out well and clea, clean, clean. Staff very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 22, 2012

We stayed two nights and we would return. Breakfast was great with lots of options, and evening reception was good on both nights. All rooms have a view of the river. They have a mini store for snacks in the lobby (over priced) and you can have a beer or wine each night at the evening reception. Kids loved the pool, hot tub was cold. We brought a fan to plug in at night so we didn't hear the normal hotel noises. Slept great.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I stayed at the Oxford Suites from 3/12-3/16/2012 for business. I had major knee surgery 3 weeks prior and this was a major outing for me. Upon checking in with my full knee brace and crutches, I was imediately asked if someone could assist me in getting my gear to my room. Norma loaded my luggage, small cooler, ice machine and briefcase on the cart and got me to my room. When I asked where the ice machine was, she imediately said she would go and get me ice for my knee ice machine.
During evening reception, the bar tenders greated me nightly and even helped me with my beer and snacks to get to my room. He greated me in the morning each morning at breakfast and assisted me in carrying my breakfast to the table and clearing my table also.
My room was clean, quiet and quite comfortable overlooking the river.
At check out, I called down to ask if anyone could help me get my gear down to the car. I was told she had no one at 650 in the morning but she would send someone to help me at 7 am. At 703, the morning maintenance man arrived and carried my stuff down to my car.

I was quite worried about this trip with my recent surgery and knowing I was not as mobile and independent as I usually am, however, the staff attended to my requests and even anticipated my needs. Although Yakima is not on my destinations, I would highly recommend this Oxford Suites. The staff from the housekeeping to food to front desk were kind, polite and appeared happy to be working. I travel frequently on business and pleasure and was very pleasantly surprised at my lodging.

Try the 2nd street grill for happy hour.

Room Tip: stay on the river side
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 19, 2012

With family in Yakima my husband kids and I travel there a couple of times a year. We stayed here once and there was no question where we would stay when returning last weekend. The only disappointment this time was at the room we had last are no longer available (king bed, and sofa sleeper with 2 TV and a pull out wall to divide the two). instead we got the same room without the sofa sleeper and opted to use a rollaway, after 1 night on the rollaway we decided to no longer torture our daughter and instead made her a bed on the couch, which was so much more comfortable. Overall we really like this hotel, very nice front desk staff, excellent location overlooking the river and right out back there is a paved trail that you can use to walk to a very nice park. Also it is rit next to burger king and a nice Mexican restaurant, El Mirador (we decided to try out a different Mexican restaurant at we found on urbanspoon, but we so disappointed and wish we would have just saved our time and went next door to El Mirador). The breakfast is great and so is the managers evening reception. This time they were offering soup, salad and rolls and 2 free drinks per person, my husband had 2 Mac and jacks (and he was ecstatic that they had it as it can be hard to find) and I had a glass of excellent local Cabernet. The location is great, right across the overpass from the cute little downtown shopping district in Yakima and right of the freeway for easy access to wherever you want to go. We always have a great time at the indoor pool, which is surprisingly warm and rent movies from the front desk convenience shop and pop popcorn. We will be back!

Room Tip: Get a room with the pull out wall if you have kids, its great to be able to watch 2 tvs or put them to bed and shut the door.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family