“Great place to stay”

Oxford Suites Yakima
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I stayed at the Oxford Suites from 3/12-3/16/2012 for business. I had major knee surgery 3 weeks prior and this was a major outing for me. Upon checking in with my full knee brace and crutches, I was imediately asked if someone could assist me in getting my gear to my room. Norma loaded my luggage, small cooler, ice machine and briefcase on the cart and got me to my room. When I asked where the ice machine was, she imediately said she would go and get me ice for my knee ice machine.
During evening reception, the bar tenders greated me nightly and even helped me with my beer and snacks to get to my room. He greated me in the morning each morning at breakfast and assisted me in carrying my breakfast to the table and clearing my table also.
My room was clean, quiet and quite comfortable overlooking the river.
At check out, I called down to ask if anyone could help me get my gear down to the car. I was told she had no one at 650 in the morning but she would send someone to help me at 7 am. At 703, the morning maintenance man arrived and carried my stuff down to my car.

I was quite worried about this trip with my recent surgery and knowing I was not as mobile and independent as I usually am, however, the staff attended to my requests and even anticipated my needs. Although Yakima is not on my destinations, I would highly recommend this Oxford Suites. The staff from the housekeeping to food to front desk were kind, polite and appeared happy to be working. I travel frequently on business and pleasure and was very pleasantly surprised at my lodging.

Try the 2nd street grill for happy hour.

Room Tip: stay on the river side
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed March 19, 2012

With family in Yakima my husband kids and I travel there a couple of times a year. We stayed here once and there was no question where we would stay when returning last weekend. The only disappointment this time was at the room we had last are no longer available (king bed, and sofa sleeper with 2 TV and a pull out wall to divide the two). instead we got the same room without the sofa sleeper and opted to use a rollaway, after 1 night on the rollaway we decided to no longer torture our daughter and instead made her a bed on the couch, which was so much more comfortable. Overall we really like this hotel, very nice front desk staff, excellent location overlooking the river and right out back there is a paved trail that you can use to walk to a very nice park. Also it is rit next to burger king and a nice Mexican restaurant, El Mirador (we decided to try out a different Mexican restaurant at we found on urbanspoon, but we so disappointed and wish we would have just saved our time and went next door to El Mirador). The breakfast is great and so is the managers evening reception. This time they were offering soup, salad and rolls and 2 free drinks per person, my husband had 2 Mac and jacks (and he was ecstatic that they had it as it can be hard to find) and I had a glass of excellent local Cabernet. The location is great, right across the overpass from the cute little downtown shopping district in Yakima and right of the freeway for easy access to wherever you want to go. We always have a great time at the indoor pool, which is surprisingly warm and rent movies from the front desk convenience shop and pop popcorn. We will be back!

Room Tip: Get a room with the pull out wall if you have kids, its great to be able to watch 2 tvs or put them...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 17, 2012

A couple of my friends all over the St. of WA, decided to meet in Yakima for a little wine tasting.
When we got to the Oxford Suites we were pleasantly surprised when we got to the room and was able to see the Yakima river from our room, and did not have to see a parking lot. All the staff was extremely helpful and the breakfast and evening reception was wonderful. We were even able to get wine maps of the different wineries.
Thank you Oxford Suites!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms face the river.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 17, 2012

I stayed one night at the Oxford Suites in February for business. I was traveling with another family member who accompanied me for the quick trip. She stayed at the hotel while I conducted my business. She took advantage of the warm pool, a relaxed breakfast, and a peaceful day reading a book in the room. We had planned to check out at noon but my business took longer than anticipated. They let us keep the room until 5:00 pm without any additional charge.

Breakfast and an evening reception are included in the cost of the suite. Breakfast was okay but very convenient. They served the usual coffee, tea, cereal, instant oatmeal, but they also had hot food as well. For the evening reception, you each get two drinks (beer or wine) and some food. They had meatballs and something else the night I stayed there, which is not my kind of food so I have no idea if it tasted good. We were going out for dinner so we gave our drink coupons (4) to some very happy people.

They also had fresh baked cookies each night (that is my kind of food). They were very yummy, and yes I tried more than one kind.

The suites are very large. We had two beds in our room with a couch and work area. The large space alone is enough to make me come back, but add on the warm and helpful staff and warm water pool, and there's no question where I'll stay when I'm in town.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 13, 2012

When you stay in a smaill town you don't expect to have all of the amenities of the big city! The staff goes out of their way to make sure you have everything you need. I always said that you can tell when there is great management by the friendliness of the workers...they must have an incredible boss!

Room Tip: Ask for a riverside room!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 12, 2012

We stayed here during a recent wine tasting trip. The staff, wine, weather and the area led us to extend our stay. We originally booked with expedia and they honored the same rate for the extra night. Room was clean as was the rest of the property and the staff was very friendly and attetive.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2012

I'd like to give a special thank you to Julia, the front desk clerk at the Oxford Suites in Yakima, Washington. She went above and beyond when I inquired about checking in early... Just a few hours before, my Grampa passed away and I was hoping to check-in early. She not only allowed me to check in early so that I could rest, but offered her sincere condolences and if I wanted to talk to someone she would be around until 3 p.m. Thank you again, Julia for doing what you did!!!! You have no idea how much that meant to me!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family