All reviewsevening receptionthe riversoup and saladfree drinksbeer or winedrink ticketspresidential suitewalking pathgreat place to staysitting areagreenway trailmorning breakfastcomplimentary breakfastburger kingindoor poolrooms are cleannice stay
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Great trip! We spent two nights here. Got the wine package which gets you a bucket of apples,a bottle of wine, 2 glasses and a corkscrew, Staff very nice, they have a lounge where you can get beer or wine.the pool is indoor and very small,if you have little kids you would have a great time the water is perfect temp. we were on the third floor , great view of the river from our balcony.Since its a suite there is a living room area with the balcony off that,with a tv,fridge,microwave,it has sliding doors you can close if you want to seperate that area from the bedroom which also has a tv in it. the sink is not located in the bathroom which we liked a lot. breakfast was very good and the menue changes each day. you also get evening snacks.Sunrises and sunsets are stunning from your balcony and just a few steps from the back of the hotel is a very well kept trail that follows the river.Hope you're stay here will be as SWEET as ours.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2011

We've been using the Oxford Suites when visiting Yakima for years. This year, I began to wonder if we should try some of the newer options. I decided to stick with a hotel that has been consistently very good [unless you get a rowdy HS sports team staying there].

We like it's easy location to the freeway, and it's location right on the Greenway. We can enjoy a nice walk along the Yakima river to Sarg Hubbard park, or a bit further to another playground to the North. If you need any munchies, it's an easy walk to Walmart, and it can be fun if you enjoy watching "Walmartians".

The property seems to be well maintained, with new appearing carpet, and re-finished tubs/showers. All the suites are large, and have a true fridge you can use, microwave, couch, and balcony. Shhh, don't tell management, but we had my wife and I, daughter, and three very young grandkids in one double queen room. [we all did not eat at the bfast]. The breakfast is a full breakfast and is always very good. The grandkids loved swimming in the pool and spa, and the pool deck seemed to have been new, or refinished. [we had the pool to ourselves].

After being in law enforcement in the Yakima area from '96-02, I was hesitant to use one of the hotels on East Yakima Ave, I seem to remember a lot of activity in that area, although that was a long time ago, back when Yakima was a real "knife and gun club" town. I suspect that they've cleaned things up... but why take the chance?

Room Tip: ask if any sports teams have booked rooms... and stay at the other end!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank 82nd_Airborne
Reviewed August 9, 2011

This basic hotel set along the river (overlooks the Yakima Greenway trail) provides a great setting as you pass through (or even stay for a few days around) Yakima. Clean and tidy, the hotel doesnt have a lot of frills, although there is a nice indoor pool. Nice that breakfast is included and wifi is free. If you ask for the Presidential Suite, there are two separate rooms. Overall good value for the money (especially if you use your AAA discount).

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 7, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel several times when I travel to this area on business. On every visit I can expect to be greeted with a smile at the front desk. Every associate that works in this hotels takes pride in their work and goes out of their way to make my experience staying at this property very enjoyable. I would recomment this hotel to anyone traveling to this area.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank travelercamaslyn
Reviewed July 13, 2011

Pluses: Convenient from the freeway, good area along the river to walk for miles, friendly people working there, provides breakfast, takes dogs, you can drag your chair out by the river. Breakfast is free.
Cons: In a no man's land where walking on the trail might be good but the walk to downtown is dismal. Those nice hotel employees are not very bright -- they lost my records repeatedly and lost me when I was on hold -- then one of them cheerfully closed the door in my face, never offering to help carry anything, as I was trying to drag too much luggage in. The breakfast was mediocre but tolerable. Major con: The pool is indoors.

Room Tip: The best room with a dog or kid is the bottom level. A sliding glass door leads to the grass along the trail. Best for couple, top floor.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank nomad1955Seattle
WesternTrvlr, Manager at Oxford Suites Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to comment. We will review your feedback with our staff, emphasizing an improved guest experience. Thanks again for commenting.