“'No Refunds' Sign is a Warning of Poor Quality”
Review of Economy Inn

Economy Inn
Ranked #23 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Spokane, WA
Reviewed February 29, 2004

I have done a lot of traveling in my life. This place is the worst experience I have ever had. The carpets and interior are totally shabby and unkept. It appears that they have not been cleaned in years. I had my daughter keep her shoes on in the room for fear of what she might catch. Walking into our room, we could smell the mustiness. That was before the heat was even turned on. There were cup rings on the table and corn chips on the floor from the last guest. The bedding looked dirty so we went to walmart and bought our own to cover the sheets. The light over the table kept flickering out. It was a problem with a short, not a bulb. Our phone lacked a face plate (it did work) and you could see all the wires. We had to stay two nights (unfortunately) and guest service was non-existent. We had to ask for fresh towels (4 towel maximum for 3 guests), our garbage wasnt dumped or the room wasnt even made up. If there was an opening in another hotel, we would of been out of there. Any complaints or requests were treated with little or no common courtesy. The front desk attitude was very "take it or leave it". It was obvious that we were being "held hostage" by their no refund policy. I would definitely tell someone considering this hotel to keep looking.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Puyallup Washington
Reviewed June 8, 2003

We had to cancel a reservation recently at the last moment. I had a feeling that there would be a cancellation charge and was willing to pay that. But the situation was, upon calling in the cancellation we were told that we would have to pay for the first night, was not asked our names and then the guy hung up on us. We called back and the gal that answered the phone appologized and told us that we would not be charged. The next day my credit card account reflected the charge. I called back and got the manager. I was told that they would never have told me that I would not be charged. And that there was nothing that she could do about it. I commented that their customer service could use some upgrading and that the group that I was suppose to be with that did stay at the hotel were not all that happy. Her closing comment was this is a place of business. And I am running a business here.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Olympia, WA
Reviewed April 26, 2003

This is undoubtably the worst hotel experience that you could ever have. The hotel staff is complete trash and the hotel quality reflects that. The manager of the hotel is no better than his staff and if you want to be treated as though you really don't matter, try meeting him to discuss your distaste with your treatment by the staff. The first room I was in at this establishment had a useless air conditioner and was noisy, so I requested a different room as I left the first morning after a poor nights sleep. Upon arriving that night I found I had no room (yes, I had paid for two nights in advance) and was extorted for an extra ten dollars to acquire a different room for my second (and last night ever) at this establishment. Why did I stay the second night at all? A NO REFUND policy and the group I was with was staying there are the only two reasons I can think of.... If you are still considering staying here, I advise you to sleep on the street.... it would be preferable.

• Stayed: April 2003