“Could have brought a tent” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Economy Inn

Economy Inn
Ranked #23 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Middleton, Idaho
“Could have brought a tent”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Tent by the freeway overpass would have been just as good. First time i have seen a plastic craft table as a desk. Holes in the walls were patched and never repainted. Front desk called a 1am to inform me he miss charged my credit card. I should have known when i signed a paper stating no refunds after 15 minutes....

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Rabidflee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Winfield, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

There were hairs in the sink, the tub and the bathroom floor. The bedding was clean, but the bed was thin and I felt the springs. There was a lot of traffic in the hallway all day and all night. The swimming pool was closed (probably for public safety reasons). There was no breakfast the next morning and the coffee was tasteless. I took a shower but put washcloths on the bottom of the tub because I was afraid to stand on it. Keep looking, don't stop here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank ramblinglibrarian

Travelers are raving about these Yakima hotels

LITITZ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

Run! This is one nasty hotel. My daughter and I had stayed at an Econo Lodge in Portland Oregon a few nights before, and for the cost it was still a nice, clean hotel. It also had a very nice self serve breakfast bar. The Econo Lodge in Yakima was a DISASTER! Dirty (I had long hairs on my pillow. ugh!), gross, unclean bathroom, a lamp with the light bulb hanging over. We weren't expecting anything high end, but even for the price it was downright nasty. Compared to the breakfast in Portland, this was a joke. A bag of bread and the crumbs of Fruit Loops. There was no coffee and no one around to ask to make any. Do yourself a favor and find somewhere else to stay. I'm just happy we didn't pick up any bugs from this place.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank jill0753
East Wenatchee, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

WOW !! Stayed in many hotels in my life but this one takes the awful prize! When we checked in they had us down for staying 12 nights when it was only 2...they swiped my credit card first before they said ,"Oh you are not staying 12 nights" So on my credit card there is a hold for over $500. They swiped my card again for just my portion of the stay plus 20% hotels hold till you check out. Argued with the man at the front desk that spoke the best of broken english that night ~the next morning(check out) and then again later in afternoon. Got my credit card person on the line with them and they tried explaining that he needed to release the 2nd hold and all the hotel man could say" trust me it will all go away tomorrow" WELL its tomorrow still have over a $500 hold but 2nd hold did turn into my portion of the stay .Credit card co says it will remain there for 30 days unless they reverse it. No one speaks or understands good enough english to get them to understand. If I wanted to save over $500 for 30 days I would have opened a savings acct. The lobby stinks like rotten something...the beds are like sleeping on card board....there is drug and prostitution in and around hotel...the pictures on internet are of some other Econolodge... there was more than one person in the lobby that morning at check out with complaints or extra charges....SO watch out for these con artists!!!!! BEWARE...IF YOU STAY THERE ONLY USE CASH!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank lorajo
Aberdeen, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

Second and last time we will ever stay there. Person who checked us in did not understand me his english was very limited. Room stunk and was not that clean. Curtain did not shut all the way leaving no privacy. Bed like sleeping on a board. Had noisy neighbors at night when complained the person at front desk was rude. Nothing to eat or drink for their breakfast. Swimming pool was suppose to be heated but was not and about froze to death when stepped in to it. Everytime went to front desk no one was there and had to wait a long time for help. Never again will we stay there.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
2 Thank Phooey6763
Seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

I was told over the phone that the hotel was in a safe area and was enclosed. When I drove into town I saw that the cars were out in the open and the parking lot was filthy. There were drug cars parked near. I called at 2 PM to say I was going to cancel and the man yelled at me on the phone (without asking my name) "You Cannot Cancel. You will not cancel. There is no cancelling!" I did not stay there and if they charged me for the room I am definitely going to dispute it.

Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank Divacreative
seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2010

Reservations - no one in office could speak English. I had to talk slow and spell everything out. I was told check-in was at 3p, but if I decide to come early let them know. I called early, checked in about 4p and the rooms were not ready. They said, it would be ready in 45 minutes. I drove 3 hours to this hotel and now I need to wait another 45 minutes.

Staff Service - the worst. They all had mad looks on their face. They wouldnt speak when spoken to. The manager (Tiara) is the rudest mother f___r. I think Motel6 or Rathole Motel would have better service then they did.

Rooms - smell like smoke. smell old. raggedy towels with rust and holes that you would use to wash your car with. Bed sheets had blood stains. Bed is hard as a rock. Shower stall with dirty and tub calking/walls were not professionally done. Visible holes in wall under sink. Heater panel was coming off the wall. No iron in room. Cots cost an extra $10 (cash). Picture frames were cracked. Water from shower was rusty brown. Windows/walls are paper thin -- you can hear every car drive by and everyone in the hallway.

Pool/Jacuzzi - jacuzzi was not working (no water). Pool area was put together by some first time handyman with curtain from the 50's.

Lobby - looks like a livingroom. No public restrooms in lobby area. You need to go to your room to use one.

No elevator. Sucks for you if you have heavy luggage, in a wheelchair, carrying groceries, or baby stroller. Start walking up the stairs or stay on the 1st floor (smoking rooms).

Free wifi, internet. Well, yes it was free, but good luck using it. They only had 1 computer in the lobby in front of everyone, no privacy and kids were always on it.

Finally. If it sounds too good to be true. It is. We were there for a statewide girls basketball tournament. When I called over 5 hotels, they were booked and/or prices started at $120/night. Econolodge was $55/night. I should have thought something was funny when hotels across the street were charging almost double. It also didn't help that they took the best pics in the hotel -- no 360 views.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business