“Drive down one more exit”
Review of Budget Inn Yakima

Budget Inn Yakima
and 1 more site!
Budget Inn Yakima
Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Reviewed November 4, 2011

I travel a ton for work and in bad economic times I like to keep my expense reports low...thus I try to stick with basics as far as hotels go and Motel 6 is USUALLY a good choice. Not this one. The check in process was easy and when I got to the room...I was ready to just go to sleep as it was super late. I layed in the bed and it literally sunk in. It was like out of a cartoon. Needless to say...I just decided to go to sleep as I had been travelling all day and was exhausted. I woke up and saw my surroundings. This is in a really really shady part of town. Had it been in full daylight...I would have never stayed there. My advise is to drive up one more exit. Good range of hotels in a much safer area.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed October 13, 2011

We got a small room with ditto bed, but then again, for 50 dollar one can't expect too much. I didn't notice any unsafe circumstances on the parking lot, like other reviewers, but I also don't have the habit of watching out of my motel window. Things should be fine if you don't leave any valuables noticeable in your car (something you shouldn't ever do anyway), lock it and things should be just fine.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2011

Clean, no problems. A bit dodgy, we brought *everything* in and didn't leave the room for long. Overheard a phone conversation about fencing stolen goods at the neighboring bar. Saw a patrol car crusing the lot.
Loud train at 4 am, and every other noise transmits as well. Can feel the bed springs. Small.
But, whattaya want for $50? There's hot water and air temperature control and TV and Internet and no bugs.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Going to a family wedding and needed an inexpensive place for one night. We arrived in the evening with several family members. Yikes! To say bad part of town would be an understatement. Grounds and rooms were not well kept, understatement. There was a fight in the parking lot and several police were called to the scene.There was a guy sitting in his car with a blank stare He was parked in front of my brother's room in the middle of the night with his engine running for about an hour. I will say the place was busy with people coming and going from of many of the rooms, not sure what that was about but I have my suspicions... Fortunately my family has a good sense of humor, we could only laugh at the circumstances we found ourselves in. I have stayed at several Motel 6s when I just need a clean affordable place to sleep before hitting the road again. Most have been bare bones but clean. In the Yakima Motel 6 everything was bare even the customers. Clean NO! I wonder if they rent by the hour???

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank cameraandeye
Reviewed July 5, 2011

this is in a scary part of town with drug deals and hookers galore! our parking lot was a rather busy place all night long. Yakima is a really nice little city, but this area is bad and the hotel seems to be one of the meeting places for all the low lifes. Sorry Motel 6, but gotta call it like it is.
Though, the young man that checked us in was very nice!

Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank cbebop
Reviewed July 1, 2010

Just what you'd expect from Motel 6, but without the noise.
My only complaint was for unsatisfactory Housekeeping. When I returned at 4 pm after a days sightseeing, my room had not been serviced, the following day it hadn't been serviced by 5 pm. Fortunately I had other things to do, so on my later returns the room was ready.
An added advantage was the location of Goodys, opposite, where I ate every day of my 3 day stay. Always nice to have somewhere to walk to

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed March 4, 2010

I was pleased with my stay until my second night when people next door stomped around on the outside walkway at 2 AM. They REALLY need to re-inforce the walkway, my BED was bouncing at 2 AM. The toilet kept plugging, and it seems every Motel6 I've ever visited does this. The shower was awesome as usual. I love that there is no shower curtain to deal with. Water nice and hot. Heater was quiet, had had a problem with the last few stays at other hotels, so it was nice. Bed was ok, but I didn't sleep well because of the noise of people stomping and talking next door as well. Sure miss the coffee in the morning in my room that other motels have. TV was not clear on a few of the channels. They need to put the lamps down further so someone can read and then without getting out of bed, turn off the light. The door that adjoines to the other room (locked) lets a lot of noise in from the other room. Hair in the shower that wasn't mine. Think they could clean a little better. Other than the occasional train (only heard the first night) and stomping last night, it was fairly quiet...a little bit of road noise, but my heater running softly drowned out that noise. The internet worked well, I had wireless in my room for my laptop. No charge. Not sure I'll stay here again as the toilet issue is really getting annoying.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo