WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Quality Inn, less about Quality, more about a place to put your head down for the night.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #20 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Warminster, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

We chose Quality Inn Yakima based on the images and "details" posted on the hotel website. Price was also a factor. You get what you pay for. This Quality Inn is more like an old motel rather than a updated old hotel. Every room door opened out towards the parking lot, and there were no elevators, if you needed one. Yeah, it's definitely not a new building. But it was clean, they had a decent breakfast, friendly staff, and we had no problems with noise. I'd rate this as an acceptable pit stop, but you could probably find better lodging in the Yakima area for the same or slightly higher pricing. Typical of the Quality/Comfort Inns, only a light breakfast (no menu, no waiter service, just help yourself) is offered. We know they had a pool, but we did not use it, and not sure about the gym.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Czech first
durango, co
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

I read prior reviews and knew the property was old but this was no excuse. The drapes were improperly hung, old soap and washrag in the bathtub on arrival, carpet that was totally worn, hard bed, breakfast that was ineatable.... I could go on. The worst part was the price - you have high expectations when you pay $80.00 a night... This would have been overpriced at half of that. The topper was at breakfast when I asked where the bread was, I was told we don't serve that anymore. Stay somewhere else....

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Yakima hotels

Brookston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

Arrived late after all day of driving, I had reservations and upon arrival check-in was without a hassle. The young lady at the front desk was confused, ironically, there was another guest with the same last name that had reservations and she thought I was them. After I told her again who I was, she checked me in relatively quick and with apologies. No problem.. The bed in the room was alright a pretty good nights sleep and pillows were comfortable. Room appeared to be pretty clean and orderly. The curtains needed put back on the curtain rod, so they would close. I did the best I could considering the hooks were missing. Not bad for the price, but not a Hilton, ok, for a nights stay... The front desk said they offer breakfast, but I didn't get an opportunity to check that out, as I had to leave before it was being served..

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

This hotel is very close to shopping and other restaurants near the facility. The rooms are large and very clean. The has a small pool, great for all ages and has a small breakfast area. The hotel staff was very friendly and pleasant. Excellent information from desk clerk when we checked in. Good location from the interstate.

Room Tip: Ground floor
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Gallup NM USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for one night in May 2013. I have mixed feelings about this motel. It was the most expensive motel in our two-week trip ($76 plus tax, with Choice Privileges senior discount rate.) Being relatively expensive, we had high expectations, which were mostly unfulfilled, as will be explained.
FIRST THE GOOD POINTS: Quality Inn Yakima is easily located. It is located near the freeway exit (# 36??), and it is located directly across from Yakima's largest shopping mall. An excellent seafood restaurant is situated about a block from the motel. The full breakfast was excellent, and there was plenty of seating in the dining room. The pool is medium sized, and is well maintained and clean. The general manager, who has managed the motel for about six months, was VERY HELPFUL in helping me get to an optical shop at the mall, to replace eyeglasses I'd forgotten at home prior to the trip. The ice machine works great, but its location is disguised as a motel room on the second floor.
NOW FOR THE BAD POINTS: It is a relatively old motel, dating back to the 1960s, as judged from fixtures in the room. The room is spatious, especially with one bed. Carpeting should be cleaned. I am certain that this motel did not begin like as a Quality Inn; it has the exterior walkways that were common among motels of the 1960s: Motel 6, the older Days Inn, or the older Holiday Inn chains. This style of walkway means that strangers walk past the room's window, which compromises privacy. There are many signs that maintenance was skimpy in the past: cracked, stained concrete, worn paint on the walkways, no elevator, low-definition older picture-tube TV in the room, cold water in the swimming pool (which had been described as "heated."), no Jacuzzi spa. FULL-DAY ADVANCE FOR CANCELLATION POLICY: Especially annoying was that the hotel requires a full 24-hour advance notice for cancellation of a reservation. This differs strongly from the motel industry standard: "4pm on day of arrival." After making the booking, I worried that, if my car broke down in the 350 mile drive from Boise ID, My $76 + tax advance payment would be totally lost. I discussed this topic directly with the general manager, who replied that, in such an emergency, consideration would be given. That too, is ambiguous; would my deposit then be refunded? He should state clearly what emergencies would lead to a refund, and which would not. The cancellation policy is so important to travelers, that I am certain that this motel loses business by having a restricted policy, even if exceptions can (maybe) be granted.
I regularly watch the travel channel series, HOTEL IMPOSS IBLE, with host Anthony Melcouri. I anticipate that, if Anthony inspected Quality Inn Yakima, he would decree that this motel must be upgraded through remodeling. I disagree about remodeling. QIY's style is certainly old, but the solution is NOT remodeling. Remodeling costs plenty, and it will lead to even higher rates. I suggest instead, that the motel be left as it is, but the rates be reduced by $20 to $25. I criticize the motel because it is too expensive for what it is: At $76, it is overpriced; but if the price were reduced to about $50.00, I would be happy with it. Finally, I suggest that Quality Inn inspectors should visit the motel to judge whether it meets general standards of the Quality Inn chain. This property would be more suitable if rebranded as a Rodeway Inn, an Econo Lodge, a Travel Lodge, or other economy brand, rather than as a Quality Inn. SB

Room Tip: Parking spaces are narrow, so if your car is parked between large trucks your doors could be dented...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Stephen B
Nevada, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

I had to sign a waiver for no pets, however whomever stayed before me had a pet and they didn't clean the room. I'm not in the habit of wearing shoes in hotel rooms, but Quality Inn tricked me into thinking I was paying for a room in one. This was a motel, plain and simple. The room smelled awful, and I had to use my travel candle to obliterate some of the smell. Probably against the rules. Oh well. The door didn't latch properly. Shower wasn't clean. Bed was comfortable -- a feature I'd come to expect in Quality Inns (thank goodness one thing wasn't awful!)

As I have animal allergies, I was not pleased to wake up completely congested. I will not be staying here again. I chose not to complain for my one night as I was leaving early the next day, but they will not be getting my business again.

Also, with the roundabouts in town, GPS doesn't understand how to get there, so look at a map before you head.

Room Tip: Don't choose this hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Stephanie G
Jason S, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank-you for your feedback on the Quality Inn. I would like to inform you that this property is under new management since January 2013. I apologize for the issues that you experienced during your last stay to Yakima and can ensure you that you will not run into any of those issues in the future. Since I've been managing this property, we have done numerous improvements to the property and rooms. I would like a chance to earn back your business the next time you come to Yakima. Just let me know if there is anything I can do and look forward to hearing back from you!
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Oh come ON!

When I pulled over after a long drive to a clean-looking but nondescript hotel in Yakima, WA, I did not expect fancy. Basic, maybe even beaten down, but with SOME semblance of cleanliness. The bathroom, bathtub/surround shower curtain were positively LITTERED with hairs. The tub drain - it was all but clogged from months, if not years - of hair accumulation. There were chunks of dried, bloody snot on the interior of the shower curtain and tub surround. A bloody spot on the barely painted wall. There was a big hair on the first towel I grabbed, which upon closer inspection, had chunks of god-knows-what on it. The TOWELS weren't clean! A large gap under the door leading to an adjacent room ensured that every grunt, cough wheeze and snort by the loud, tv-loving man next door was a real treat - esp since he stayed up past midnight and woke with the dawn. Oh - and the entire room was in the midst of a major ant infestation. Such things happen, ants gotta live too and all that, however seeing 10 or so of them swarming around the bathroom sink after my horrible shower experience was not what I needed to see. I suppose I should have put more thought into my interpretation of the name of this place - "Quality Inn" - which of course can mean either high or low quality. Now I know.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
      Cleanliness
Thank-you for your feedback. I would like to inform you that this property is under new management since January 2013. I apologize for the room cleanliness issues that you experienced in the past and can ensure you that we have made significant strides in overall guest room condition as well as numerous improvements to the entire property. All of are guest rooms are cleaned with the highest standards and inspected daily to make sure we are at those standards. I would like a chance to earn back your business, please let me know when the next time you will be in Yakima and I will take care of your next stay with us.