“Got The Best of My Expense” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #20 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Rawalpindi, Punjab, Pakistan
“Got The Best of My Expense”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

There were very limited options on a busy summer weekend in Yakima. This motel certainly met my needs for clean, comfortable accommodations at a fair price. That said, this would never be my first or second choice for places to stay in Yakima (actually it's in Union Gap.) The main problem is that there is always only one desk attendant on...

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Czech first
Everett, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2011

We found the quality inn after liiking for a place close to Miner burger in Yakima. The room while a bit outdated was clean and the bed nice. The only noise was from the extremely loud air conditioner.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MiniMob
York, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2011

We stayed at the Quality Inn Yakima for one night in June 2011. It's quite a distance from the main downtown area of Yakima and it's actually in a Suburb called Union Gap.

Our main purpose of staying here was to break up a very long drive. The staff were pleasant the rooms OK.

There was an outdoor swimming pool on site but this was closed for the day whilst we were there. However, (and may be this was why it was close) the pool water looked quite dirty.

We got a good price for the room and whilst there was nothing significantly wrong with this hotel it was one of the worst we stayed at during our vacation of the USA & Canada. If we were in the area again we would probably choose somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2011

We have stayed at this Quality Inn many times over the past decade or so. About 3 years back it started to decline in quality. The slide has been dramatic. Now it is a place we will no longer utilize. I would characterize our room as downright filthy. There was some sort of black mold behind the door moldings that hasn't been cleaned out in ages. The entry door on the inside needs to be scrubbed. The bedspread had three cigarette burn holes; it needs to be replaced. The toilet bowl hasn't had a good scrubbing in ages; it has filthy stains. The floor tile grout is black with filth. There are yellow stains on dirty walls. A lamp shade was disintegrating. There were cobwebs in the room. And whoever does the maintenance is horrible: there is unfinished maintenance throughout the room (front door; wall where headboard was moved; grout sealer in the bathroom and sink areas).

Room Tip: For the price you can find cleaner establishments.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness

Travelers are raving about these Yakima hotels

Cambridge, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2011

My options were limited on a busy summer weekend in Yakima. This motel certainly met my needs for clean, comfortable accommodations at a fair price.

That said, this would never be my first or second choice for places to stay in Yakima (actually it's in Union Gap.) The main problem is that there is always only one desk attendant on staff, but it is a fairly large motel that was at capacity on this weekend. I had made reservations, but my room hadn't been made up even though I was arriving at 9:30 in the evening. The clerk has very competent and understanding, but there was literally no other staff person on site who could help check in the steady stream of people checking in, and no one else around to make up the room. I was given another room but then had to move to a third room for the second night of my stay. I got a nice discount on the bill and was moved to a better room than what I had booked, but I was not happy with the delay and the hassle.

The rooms were clean and comfortable but showing a combination of age and shoddy construction. My second room had a faint smell of cigarette smoke despite it being a non-smoking room. Free wifi worked well, which is very important to me. The inadequate lighting is unfortunately fairly typical of the inexpensive motels I have been staying in lately.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Lakewood, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

Great value for your money. Room decor okay. Are you planning on staying in your room all day?

• Stayed June 2011
      Location
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2011

Me and my friends stayed at Quality inn Yakima when we visited one old friend. We decided to stay at Yakima for quality time. And we made a perfect choice! The location was perfect, a stadium, museum and a park was just around the corner. We loved the high speed internet, we have uploaded photos very fast that night! Our room was so clean and well maintained by the friendly staff of the hotel. The stay was worth it! not too expensive but it is the best!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends