“Scary”

Sun Country Inn Yakima
Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Reviewed May 16, 2010

From the moment we drove up we knew we shouldnt have tried to save a few dollars. The parking lot was full of people "hanging out" swearing and partying went on ALL night in the parking lot. In the morning I found vomit and beer bottles on the stairs. The walls were very thin and it was difficult to sleep. The bathroom had mold on the walls and the floor. The "Award Winning" breakfast consisted of prepackaged suger..Twinkies, ding dongs, honey buns, and donuts. Nothing warm. And nothing healthy besides about 4 bannanas. I got the feeling this was in the "bad" area of town. Def. not a place to take the family. On a positive note the hi speed internet worked and it was pet friendly.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Jorpeyt

Reviewed February 25, 2010

The Sun Country Inn is a great place to stay. It's quiet, the rooms are nice and everything is clean. The front desk people will bend over backwards to help you. I stay here every time I'm in the area and in need of a room. And they also have smoking rooms so if you don't like smoking roome just stay away so they keep having smoking rooms.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Click865
Reviewed June 12, 2009

i found the staff to bend over backwards to make you feel at home,was very surprised at what a wonderful continental breakfast with a wide variety of choices.rooms were very clean and comfortable. very nice and clean heated pool was able to sunbathe by the pool with no disturbances would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to yakima i will be back

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sexymomof3
Reviewed March 28, 2009

Affordable place to stay with friends or family. The breakfast and evening snacks have a wide variety of choices. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank traveler12366
Reviewed April 29, 2008

I looked on line but only saw a couple of negative reviews. I saw the note from the owner asking people to give them a try again. I thought it was worth a shot maybe I could give them a good review to help them out. My opinion is that the staff was fairly helpful on the phone when I called to ask questions. We encountered a problem late at night when we tried to go to bed and it was quickly resolved with the staff. The beds were not the most comfortable but I have had worse also. The cleanliness was just not there. I specifically asked about the pool when I booked the reservation but when we got there we were told it was closed as it is outdoor and not heated. We paid additional money to a business two doors down to use their facilities but that did not work out either. The breakfast was the worst mess I have ever seen. It was Little Debbies snacks out of boxes, cold cereal with milk, hard boiled eggs, and a can of peaches dumped into a bowl. They need to change their advertisements until they bring it up to par. I will be visiting Yakima every weekend for the next few months and I will looking for other hotels but with much more caution this time. I won't say never again but I won't be back anytime soon they need some work.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Notthiscookie
Reviewed July 18, 2007

We thought it would be o.k. - right on freeway access, an outdoor pool, etc.
Well, those things were the good things. We nicknamed the hotel the Bedrock hotel - the bed was harder than a rock. We ached each morning we got up all over. The breakfast is a joke. They advertised that it's rated as the best breakfast in Yakima - they gotta quit smokin' something when they write those things!!! The rooms were very basic. We were disappointed and would not stay here again.

Stayed: July 2007
4  Thank seattle98005
Reviewed June 30, 2007

We booked a block of rooms at the Sun Country Inn after reading reviews, and because we wanted to support a family-owned business. We paid the going rate for most hotels on that weekend (around $100 incl. tax). It was okay in most ways. However, I would never recommend it because of an incident that happened to someone in our group. They paid in full for the night with a credit card, and when they arrived at 7:00 PM, there was no room available! Their room should have been held for them the entire night...they had paid for it. It took several hours for us to find them a room in another hotel. Now they have to figure out how to get a refund from Sun Country Inn. Do not assume that you have a room at the Sun Country Inn, even if you have paid and it has been confirmed! By the way, the breakfast is not so great and our air conditioner did not work. There seemed to be a lot of long term residents there, which was fine. It appears that this hotel is trying to make improvements...some rooms had new air conditioners, microwaves and refrigerators. But I think they need to focus on basic things like guaranteed reservations and customer service.

• Stayed: July 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank ILW