“Great value” 4 of 5 stars

Sun Country Inn Yakima
Ranked #17 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
“Great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012 via mobile

We just needed a bed for the night and the sun county fit the bill. People were friendly and the bed was comfortable. Rooms clean and spacious.
Everything was very 80s in the room and the tiny desk was expertly mended with wood filler.
Minimal breakfast wide selection but not much that was hot or fresh. Stale bread.
Given the price no issues at all.

• Stayed July 2011
      Location
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Rooms
1 Thank Skelshy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

The lady working at the front desk took one look at my license, found out I was 19 and said, "I'm going to rent the room to you, but I'm gonna tell you right now, I don't want any trouble" inferring that I was some sort of gang member or druggy. Then the room had ants all over the floor (both dead and alive) and wreaked of cigarette smoke. At that point my girlfriend no longer wished to stay there, but when we left, stating that the room was smelly and dirty the same lady acted as though I trashed the room and was trying to say it was like that when I got there. So without a refund for my nasty 2hr visit, I left. I was so terribly offended I will never go back and hope nobody else does either.

• Stayed March 2012
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank Hanhand

Travelers are raving about these Yakima hotels

Hanmer Springs, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

We stay at this fine motel quite a bit. The front desk staff is awesome, they make you feel like one of the family and are always ready to "chat" with you and take an interest in what you are there for.

The location is pretty good too, near some nice restaurants, easy access to the Interstate, and not too far from shopping.

The grounds are kept very nicely. In front of every room, you will see either a lovely Blue Spruce or a huge Rhododendron. The architecture is really Northwest, has a mansard roof and wood siding, I would say it is the prettiest motel in the entire area.

I would recommend it to anyone who wants a nice, clean place to stay and also wants to be treated as a valuable human being.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Susie L
Fife, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

We needed first floor unit- all they had was a 1 bedroom unit- the desk person let us have it for $1 more than a regular room-- the regular rate was $69 - If we ever need to stay in Yakima again- we would go to the same place and get the one bedroom unit- we loved it

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Darrelldog69
bellevue
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

Having followed the urging of our son's soccer team parent to reserve at the same facility where others were staying, we reserve our family's 2-night state at Sun Country Inn. Unfamiliar with the area but knowing that since a youth soccer tournament was going to be in town for the weekend where availability might be limited, I asked about the pricing. I was told that the group rate was set with a surcharge to cover the added demands of the team. Again, not familiar with the process, I was forced to accept the arrangement. As it turned out, upon checking into their rooms, must families found them substandard and opted to find alternate arrangements and, in fact, did. Although we opted to stay, upon check out when challenged the surcharge when, as it turned out, we weren't part of a group. Regardless, since they claimed that they had to pay a commission on our expense they still needed to charge it. We will never stay in this facility again and will be smarter when arranging lodging with the team. The 2nd night was outrageously noisy, due to kids using the pool beyond operating hours.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank WePlaySoccer
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

Nicely convenient near the highway, clean room, pool, exercise room (small but it's there!) and VERY nice staff. When I explained I was exhausted after a day of meetings and needed to crash the nice woman at the desk offered me 2 keys to go see the rooms - I didn't even ask for that - and thought was a nice touch. Add in a good-sized breakfast (hard-boiled eggs, fruit, and lots of carbo options) this is an excellent choice for a solid traveler or budget traveler. Stay here - highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank someguyonthego
Olympia, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

Went to Yakima for a Soccer tournament. Seems lots of tournaments going on and alot of hotels were full. Ended up booking at the Sun Country Inn (usually do Best Westerns or Courtyards). Yes, the hotel is on the older side. Yes, its not a Hilton or Embassy Suites. However, the staff were very friendly. The place was well taken care of. The rooms were clean. The beds were comforatable. And, being that it was full of sports kids, it was pretty quiet. I didn't use the pool, but my kids did and said it was nice. The breakfast was actually pretty good...a lot better than the usual free breakfast.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family