“A real nice hotel for the price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sun Country Inn Yakima

Sun Country Inn Yakima
Ranked #17 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Fife, Washington
“A real nice hotel for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

We needed first floor unit- all they had was a 1 bedroom unit- the desk person let us have it for $1 more than a regular room-- the regular rate was $69 - If we ever need to stay in Yakima again- we would go to the same place and get the one bedroom unit- we loved it

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Darrelldog69

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
bellevue
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

Having followed the urging of our son's soccer team parent to reserve at the same facility where others were staying, we reserve our family's 2-night state at Sun Country Inn. Unfamiliar with the area but knowing that since a youth soccer tournament was going to be in town for the weekend where availability might be limited, I asked about the pricing. I was told that the group rate was set with a surcharge to cover the added demands of the team. Again, not familiar with the process, I was forced to accept the arrangement. As it turned out, upon checking into their rooms, must families found them substandard and opted to find alternate arrangements and, in fact, did. Although we opted to stay, upon check out when challenged the surcharge when, as it turned out, we weren't part of a group. Regardless, since they claimed that they had to pay a commission on our expense they still needed to charge it. We will never stay in this facility again and will be smarter when arranging lodging with the team. The 2nd night was outrageously noisy, due to kids using the pool beyond operating hours.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank WePlaySoccer

Travelers are raving about these Yakima hotels

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

Nicely convenient near the highway, clean room, pool, exercise room (small but it's there!) and VERY nice staff. When I explained I was exhausted after a day of meetings and needed to crash the nice woman at the desk offered me 2 keys to go see the rooms - I didn't even ask for that - and thought was a nice touch. Add in a good-sized breakfast (hard-boiled eggs, fruit, and lots of carbo options) this is an excellent choice for a solid traveler or budget traveler. Stay here - highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank someguyonthego
Olympia, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

Went to Yakima for a Soccer tournament. Seems lots of tournaments going on and alot of hotels were full. Ended up booking at the Sun Country Inn (usually do Best Westerns or Courtyards). Yes, the hotel is on the older side. Yes, its not a Hilton or Embassy Suites. However, the staff were very friendly. The place was well taken care of. The rooms were clean. The beds were comforatable. And, being that it was full of sports kids, it was pretty quiet. I didn't use the pool, but my kids did and said it was nice. The breakfast was actually pretty good...a lot better than the usual free breakfast.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank denby1234
Kent, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

Although I was worried after reading some of the older review, I liked the price. We showed up and the the Front Desk Clerk was super friendly and quickly checked us in. While the rooms are obviously older, ours was bright and clean. The room had minifridge, microwave and hairdryer. The bed was very comfortable and when I requested extra pillows they are supplied right away. The shower was great also, lots of pressure and good spray pattern, and the hot water was almost instant and always available. The breakfast was good considering it was free, boiled eggs, frest fruit, bagles, bread, muffins, 4 kinds cereal, milk juice coffee and tea.
I highly recommend it and will stay there again next time I go to Yakima. It was next to a Best Western and the only difference in the BW had coffee makers in the room and Sun Country Inn was less than half the price.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Glowdaddy
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2011

If you're looking for no frills and just plain comfortable and clean rooms, this is the place. They have affordable prices and you really get your money's worth. They offer free internet, breakfast, and evening snacks. And the 24 hour front desk, always has someone available ready to help. Very friendly staff!

Our familiy definitely plan on coming back here again soon!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank glee123
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

I stayed here a year ago during the dog days of summer. The room was adequate, staff friendly...I had just about everything I needed. I thought I had booked a smoking room, but was given a non-smoking room, which is ok because I could just step outside for a smoke. I will certainly be back next time I make it to Yakima!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo