“Nothing to write home about”
Review of Oxford Inn Yakima

Oxford Inn Yakima
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Reviewed August 25, 2007

We got a good rate from Hotels.com and booked a room onliine.

The room was OK: decent room with good mattresses and a small balcony overlooking the river. We enjoyed the pool and jacuzzi and looked forward to the continental breakfast.

As the night wore on, it got a little warm though so we went to turn on the air conditioner. It sounded like a semi-truck with rocks in the engine so we had to shut it off and sweat all night long.

Checking with the front desk we were charged $1 for toothbrushes which I figured should have been free.

We had to get up early for the continental breakfast which was a bust as it was really only a Belgian waffle stand and the line was out the lobby. Contrast to the motel we stayed at in Astoria which had Belgian waffles AND cereal, hard boiled eggs, juices of several varieties, muffins and bagels and cream cheese, yogurt and fresh fruit and on and on.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank SeattleRafael

Reviewed August 10, 2007

We stayed at the Oxford Inn for 2 nights in July. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. The rooms were fairly clean, although it looked like they had not been vacuumed.

The rooms have patios or decks that overlook the river and the swimming pool. The pool is fairly small but very enjoyable, especially on a hot, sunny day. The continental breakfast includes make-your-own Belgian waffles!

The Yakima Greenway walking/biking path runs along the river and right alongside the hotel. It is a great place to walk in the morning and evening. A beautiful park is just a short walk from the hotel.

The hotel is a good, value hotel. I would definitely stay here again.

We also visited the Yakima Valley Museum – don’t miss the soda fountain and ice cream parlor. The Yakima Area Arboretum is beautiful. The Windy Point Winery is a short drive from Yakima and has a spectacular setting on a ridge overlooking the valley. The Essencia Artisan bakery has great bread and other treats. The farmer’s market on Sunday mornings has lots of really good local produce and baked goods.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank JaviesMom
Reviewed July 26, 2007

The Oxford Inn and Oxford Suites is next door to each other and on a river. Don't know the name of the river but it was nice to have it right outside my door. Both Oxford's are on the river.

I stayed at the Oxford Inn and first room I was assigned had a large ''spot'' next to the bed -- looked like vomit. Reassigned to another room, it was sufficient. Wireless internet didn't work and was given a DSL cable which worked fine. The room was small but everything was clean and everything worked. Next time, I'll stay at the Oxford Suites next door. Everyone was friendly and staff very helpful. Complimentary breakfast was great and very much appreciated!!!!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank L.Talbot
Reviewed July 8, 2007

I was in Yakima for a baseball tourney..this hotel was so easy to find..I called the night before I left and got such great directions..they made it very simple..we didn`t make it to day 3 of the tourney...and I had a reservation for 3 days..There was a front desk person named Crystal..she gave me directions to the ball field on Friday and then let me out of my 2nd night in the hotel.I was very gratful to her and her staff...did I mention I had a small balcony that over looked the pool and the Yakima River ?? They even provide breakfast !! And not just a frozen roll and coffee..they had biscuits and gravy and waffles you made fresh yourself , juice ,cereal and milk ( cold) and hot tea and coffee..it`s a good place for the family..they have a pool ..and a Burger King is right next door..Walmart and Target are close to this hotel...I will stay here again next time I`m in Yakima !!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled solo
Reviewed June 25, 2007

and the rooms were not given to us day of check-in. We were staying for a convention and we asked for specific rooms. If they weren't going to give us those rooms why did they confirm them? My reservation was given to someone else from the convention. The staff didn't seem to care. I will think twice about staying here again. Customer service is important to me

• Stayed: June 2007
1  Thank CaroK
Reviewed June 8, 2007

My husband and I just stayed at the Oxford Inn in Yakima for the second time. We love that you can sit on the balcony and watch the river while enjoying a glass of wine. The wineries at Rattlesnake Hills in Zillah are within a few minutes of Yakima and the hotel is very convenient to the interstate.

Our price was decent for the hotel. The hotel was very clean and I have no complaints. All rooms have a balcony overlooking the river and a fridge and a microwave. The best views will be on the 4th floor on the west end of the hotel. We specified a room with a good view of the river and the original desk person put us at the east end, in front of a large spruce and a telephone pole. I called down and Grace was nice enough to move us.

We didn't eat breakfast here but it looked nice and seemed to be well received by the other guests. We did walk along the river walk for a while and it was lovely.

Don't forget your binoculars and have fun!

• Stayed: June 2007
Reviewed May 15, 2006

We have stayed here many times and always feel that this property is good value. Clean, comfortable, good breakfast, fitness area and pool/spa. Good, quiet location. Not fancy, but nice. Good choice for Yakima.

• Stayed: May 2006