“Made our reservations 4 months prior to our stay asking for specific rooms”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Oxford Inn Yakima

Oxford Inn Yakima
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Washington State
“Made our reservations 4 months prior to our stay asking for specific rooms”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2007

and the rooms were not given to us day of check-in. We were staying for a convention and we asked for specific rooms. If they weren't going to give us those rooms why did they confirm them? My reservation was given to someone else from the convention. The staff didn't seem to care. I will think twice about staying here again. Customer service is important to me

• Liked — the view
  • Disliked — the staff
  • Stayed June 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank CaroK

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
South Weber, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2007

My husband and I just stayed at the Oxford Inn in Yakima for the second time. We love that you can sit on the balcony and watch the river while enjoying a glass of wine. The wineries at Rattlesnake Hills in Zillah are within a few minutes of Yakima and the hotel is very convenient to the interstate.

Our price was decent for the hotel. The hotel was very clean and I have no complaints. All rooms have a balcony overlooking the river and a fridge and a microwave. The best views will be on the 4th floor on the west end of the hotel. We specified a room with a good view of the river and the original desk person put us at the east end, in front of a large spruce and a telephone pole. I called down and Grace was nice enough to move us.

We didn't eat breakfast here but it looked nice and seemed to be well received by the other guests. We did walk along the river walk for a while and it was lovely.

Don't forget your binoculars and have fun!

• Stayed June 2007
Venice, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2006

We have stayed here many times and always feel that this property is good value. Clean, comfortable, good breakfast, fitness area and pool/spa. Good, quiet location. Not fancy, but nice. Good choice for Yakima.

• Stayed May 2006
1 Thank Gary B
Tacoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2005

I travel to Yakima each summer for a week long educational workshop and ususally stay at the Oxford Suites. This year I decided to try the Oxford Inn as they had a special conference rate. I was so happy I did!

Unfortunately, I had car problems on the way over and upon arrival I pulled into the parking lot with my engine smoking. James was on duty at the front desk and he not only looked at my car but helped me to put oil in it and would help me to get repairs as well. I can't tell you how impressed I was.. The hotel provided a shuttle that took us over to the convention center on the first day of the workshop.

Grace took my original reservation before we arrived and was terrific! I had severeal requests & all were honored when I checked in. The rooms are a bit smaller than the suites next door but newly refurbished and clean. The breakfast was quite nice. Everyone from housekeeping to the front desk were top notch. I met Vera, the General Manager, who was also very kind & sympathetic.

What this propery lacked in few amenities (evening social, indoor pool, etc.) It more than made up for in service, a beautiful view,and great rates. I was impressed! Oxford Inn beats the Oxford Suites in service hands down! Thank you again James, Vera, and staff for your kindness. Mrs.W

• Stayed July 2005, traveled on business
2 Thank Mare2teach
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2005

Nice and quiet room. Room overlooked the river...what a treat! Had a nice quiet night and slept really well. Had a great breakfast and nice to have a business center available. thanks- I will be back!

• Stayed April 2005
1 Thank Travelbunnie
idaho
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2005

The river view was the best thing about this hotel. The service on the other hand left something to be desired. The staff just seemed to busy to assist me with the easiest issues. For the price ($179.00) I really expected the staff to go "above and beyond" for me. I will think twice before I make reservations there.

• Stayed January 2005, traveled on business
1 Thank jennydawg
Las Vegas Nevada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2005

I wasn't very happy with the service I received. It took about 45 minutes to check in. The made a mistake with my reservation and had me coming in a month later. The girl at the counter was to interested in talking on her cell phone to really bother assisting me. I won't be back.

• Stayed March 2005