“Excellent rooms near I-5 - Wa/Ore border area”
Review of Lewis River Inn

Lewis River Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Woodland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Stayed here overnight. Excellent room, very comfortable beds, spacious and very clean. Continental bkfst included and very nice staff. Restaurants within walking distance and minutes from Freeway. Only downside was nearby railway with noisy trains. More expensive rooms have balcony overlooking the river.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Victor B

Reviewed August 6, 2011

We've been coming here for at least 7 years for a company event. They have always done a great job accommodating our group. In addition, the motel, though older, is as clean and up-to-date as can be expected. They are always gracious.

Room Tip: Stay back by the river if you can. The river view rooms are great although they only have queen beds...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 15, 2011

We decided to stop off at the Lewis River Inn on our way back to Portland from Victoria BC, we reserved a River View room when we woke up in the morning we were pleasantly surprised at the gorgeous river view, our room was immaculately clean & I'm very picky! The beds are incredibly comfortable, we slept very well, nice & quiet. The complimentary Continental Breakfast was nice the Coffee is Excellent! The staff is very friendly especially the new managers Lex & Charmaine who were so gracious when we woke them up in the middle of the night to check in as we'd been driving all day & had to stop driving for the night. We enjoyed our stay so much we plan to return to stay a few nights to go fishing & explore the Lewis River & Mt St Helens area, also they are conveniently located right off I-5 exit 21 but nice & quiet rooms, Don't miss this little gem on the river!

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank Oceangoer31
Reviewed December 29, 2010

I've stopped here a few times over the years, because the Inn is consistently clean and pleasant and the location is convenient. The rooms that face the Lewis River are particularly enjoyable, complete with small patios for lounging. The owners are wonderful, and their Continental breakfast is better than most. Great location, yet quiet.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Sambrose1216
Reviewed November 10, 2010

After checking out this place online, I thought I'd give it a go. It was worth it! If I'd had to stay a second night, I would have been very happy. The Johnston Ridge Observatory at Mount St. Helens and the Ape Cave and Lava Canyon were the places I wanted to explore. The drive to these areas was definitely long, but the inn was perfectly situated as a "headquarters" in Woodland. Located at exit 21 along the I-5, it offers easy access to the freeway. I didn't realize it at first, but it really is one of the most quaint places I've ever stayed at. And best of all, I could just back up the car right to my door! Love when that happens! The very generous and spacious room was a steal at 70.78 (AAA rate). I could even do yoga if I wanted to! Clean and cheerful, the room had a king bed (slept like a log), work desk w/ lamp, small fridge, microwave, a reclining chair (great for working on the laptop), spacious bathroom sink area (LOTS of counterspace!) with the toilet and tub in a separate area, FREE Wifi. Wanted to try Burgerville right next door, but instead opted for authentic Mexican restaurant across the street (well worth it!). Gas station next door too. The couple who own the inn were incredibly friendly and helpful. FYI: it's about a two-hour drive from Lewis River Inn to Ape Cave with great views and nice stops along the way. Nothing negative to say about this place. A REAL FIND. Will definitely stay here again should I be in the area. Note: For not much more, you can get a really cute riverside room with its own balcony overlooking Lewis River.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank Sarah808
Reviewed September 8, 2010

Very comfortable and VERY clean, place to stay. It appears to have been recently upgraded and is very well maintained. Continental breakfast had very good bagels and decent, fresh coffee.

The couple who run the place are charming, helpful and pleasure to talk to - and I usually don't spend a lot of time chatting it up with everyone i meet. It was the perfect location for us, as we finished touring the Columbia river gorge and within 45 minutes were were at the Lewis River Inn, and ready for the next day's trip to Mount St. Helens. There is a safeway on the other side of the freeway and we were able to pull together munchies to go with wine we'd picked up while were in Eugene area earlier in the week. The rooms have microwave and fridges.

And did i say it was clean?!!! I don't mind the exterior doors and being on the second floor, as it was summer...but in the winter, I'd ask for the first floor... and also consider the rooms along the river with with patios.

I highly recommend Lewis River Inn.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2009

Really enjoyed our stay. The Husband and Wife who run the place are very friendly and want to make sure your stay is good. It is located next to several restaurants and our kids wanted to get Burgerville prior to hiking Mt. St. Helens the next day. They provide a light contential breakfast in the morning made up of bagels, muffins, yogart, and juice.

Would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodland
Best Western Woodland Inn
Super 8 Kelso Longview Area
Best Western Oak Meadows Inn
Best Western Oak Meadows Inn
#1 of 2 in Saint Helens

Been to Lewis River Inn? Share your experiences!