“good enough”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Woodland
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I was trying to make it to Tacoma, but was just too tired. Pulled off I-5 and paid the rack rate of $55. Two clean queen beds, lots of towels, and hot shower made it good enough by my book. There was a bit of gang-type graffiti on the shower enclosure, and the TV wasn't a flat screen, but the bed and shower were fine.

Room Tip: When staying at a cheap motel, I've been told to stay on the 2nd floor. Meth cookers like the 1s...
Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank RegularGuy13
motel6woodland, Owner at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Dear RegularGuy13,

Thank you for your feedback! I'm glad you had a good stay and I will share your feedback with our staff members to make sure your stay will be better than good enough in future.

Thank you again for giving us chance to accomodate you and please visit us again in future.

David/Owner

360-225-6548 ext. 304

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I spent less money staying in a hole in the wall and it was beautiful by comparison! 5 minutes after we got there someone from the front desk was banging on the door saying they had to put the smoke detector back up. Why was it down? No coffee maker, burns in the blankets, stains in the toilet. WIFI? Right! I had to go to McDonalds across the highway to get wifi! This place is a joke. Burn it and don't bother rebuilding!

Room Tip: Don't bother wasting your money, sleep in your car instead!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jeff N
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Dear nielsbb,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. The cleanliness and noise conditions you encountered are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6, and we sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay. Please kindly contact our Guest Relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and our other guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

As another reviewer said, this property looks fine enough from the outside, but once we got into our room, it was a different story. The paint on the walls was chipped and peeling, there were mysterious lumps under the carpet in several places, the smoke detector was hanging by the wires, and the microwave and fridge were dented up and dingy. The towels were thin and cheap, and there were stains on the linens. The bed and pillows were terribly uncomfortable - I don't expect much from a cheap motel, but this was even worse than usual. We came down for a concert at the Clark County Fairgrounds, but should we do so again, we will choose a different motel even if we have to pay a little more.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Shel T
Reviewed June 24, 2013

When we go to a Motel 6 we expect basics and nothing more for a low price. Motel 6 Woodland had a fridge and microwave and more decorating and furniture than usual. It's a motel that has been changed into a Motel 6. For a Motel 6 I found it expensive and would rather have had less "luxury" and a standard Motel 6 building that keeps out outside noises better than this place did. It was as if we slept on the I-5.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Arine_was_in_Sofia
motel6woodland, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay and your review.

As you said Motel 6 is basic motel. All motel 6 have rooms with microwave and fridges and they do charge $3 for the room with them, but we provide them at no extra charges when it is available like to yourself.

And also to let you know, our price is lowest price in the town guaranteed.

I hope this response will change your misunderstandings.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I make a point of not writing negative reviews here. Please see my other reviews. This was not OK. The outside of the motel looked really good and well kept. The dest staff were very friendly and helpful. The price point was right. The room was awful and I have a pretty high tolerance . It looked like there had been a food fight 3 month ago in the room. Honestly, I was tired and just wanted to sleep but seriously thought about leaving not even asking for another room. The walls were dirty and needed cleaning or repainting, the carpet was stained . The chairs around the table were filthy and i wouldnt even put my " dirty close " on them. The bathroom was clean but the sink had such large porcelain chips i wondered why they did not change it since here you can pick a good one up for 5$. The tv reception was good but very old and remote was broken..
The room really needed a good cleaning and tv, sink, chairs and carpet really needed replacing. I travel this route at least twicemonth and will not stay there again.

Room Tip: dont stay here
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank sea-mike
motel6woodland, Owner at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

First of all, we apologize about your experience with us. We always try our best to keep our guest satisfy in all ways. If you would be kindly visit us one more time, we promise we won't make the same mistake and get you the better service.

Once again, we are sorry and thank you for your business and the review.

We will strive for better service to you with our best effort!

David, Manager
Motel6Woodland
(360)225-6548

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Reasonable price!!! GREAT location and service!!! Room service available 24/7!!! Excellent in every way!! I would definately recommend to my close families and friends!! Another trust worthy "motel 6" in Woodland Washington!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank getTAdvisor
motel6woodland, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you very much for your review. And thank you for your accomodation at our property.
We always try our best to satisfy our guest in every way.

I hope we will have another chance to serve you in future with better service.

Manager David

Reviewed November 19, 2012

What a dump. The best thing that this hotel could do to improve your stay is to take a match to the place and build a new facility.The internet connection was so poor, I thought we were connected to a phone line. Room only had 2 very small thin bath towels.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sheila n
motel6woodland, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear customer,

First of all, I apologize about your experience. With our wifi, sometimes the speed depends on number of guests connected, so unlike most of Motel 6, we have free Wifi at your convenience. I'm not sure which room you have stayed, but our policy is to have 2 sets of towels (hand, wash, and bath) in one bed-rooms. If guest requires more towels, we are more than happy to provide extra towels anytime.

We apologize about your inconvenience and we promise you we will serve you better in future.

David
Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodland
Best Western Woodland Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Vancouver
Lewis River Inn
Lewis River Inn
#1 of 3 in Woodland

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!