“woodland washington motel 6 bedbugs” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Woodland
Cannon Beach, Oregon
“woodland washington motel 6 bedbugs”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2011

was there 2 hours and discovered a bug on our bed, we called managegement who apologized and took the sample i put in a cup from us. room was not very nice, old everything. dust around edges of carpet. no breakfast at all. only coffee in lobby not in room

Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank sandyj8888
motel6woodland, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
It is very unfortunate to see that you had this experience. However, during the last 5 years of this business, our property and this town never had problems with bedbugs. Also, we pay pest control every 3month because we pay alot of attention on bedbugs. Once again, I apologize that this happened, but I will gurantee you that it isn't "bedbug".

Thank you for your visit, and hope to serve you better in future.

David
Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
North Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2011

Nice local hotel w/ national name. Nice indoor pool. Close to highway, with some minor traffic noise. Close to Mt St Helens.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2011

The Motel 6 Woodland shows a web price of $42 and standard rate of $45, although I didn't know this when I stopped in. I was charged $49. I asked for a senior discount and the manager refused to give me one. I said I thought all Motel 6's had a 10% senior discount and that I would like it. He still refused. If I wasn't so tired I would have moved on for the principle of the matter. The carpet in the room had some fairly large stains on it and there was no lid on the toilet seat and the rest of the room was showing a fair amount of wear and tear. I won't make the mistake of going here again. Definitely below the quality of a typical Motel 6.

Room Tip: Choose the Kelso or one of the Portland 6's.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank tatom
canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2009

I thank you for all your kindness while I stayed at this place. It was wonderful stay. I stayed at this hotel for 5 days and free breakfast was there for all mornings! Help and assistance was always there. Staffs were also very wonderful, I could go on and on about how great my stay was. I recommend Cedars Inn at Woodland all the way!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Renton
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2009

This is a cheap sleep. The room smelled like diapers and you could feel the springs on the mattress as you slept. The fire alarm went off in the morning and the Fire Dept never came. Instead the hotel mgr went room to room opening doors (without knocking). I saw him catch a few people by surprise.

Next time we will sleep at the Hawthorne Inn in Vacouver (20 min down the road).

Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Southwestern USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2009

We stayed for one night on a Saturday in July 2009 and found the staff to be friendly, and the room to be clean. The sheets on one bed had holes in them and the location of the hotel right next to the interstate makes it fairly noisy (we stayed in one of the rooms farthest away from the interstate). The breakfast was among the worst that I've ever had at a budget hotel. There are only three or four tables in the breakfast area and nobody seemed to be in charge of restocking breakfast items. They had two waffle makers (not the hotel kind but the kind you buy for $15 at Walmart) that were pretty much completely gunked up with waffle dough. The other breakfast items were grocery store donughts and cereal. The plastic knives were so thin and flexible that it was hard to cut the waffles with them. Anyway, aside from the breakfast and holes in the sheets, it was an acceptable stay, mayby a bit overpriced (we paid $80 per night incl. taxes)

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank monemmer
Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2009

Towels are so thin and rough it was like sandpaper. Carpets dirty and stained. The matresses so thing you can see the springs! Cobwebs in corners. The owner, Mr. Yoo is sooo rude. He does not know anything about customer service and tries to rip you off and make you pay extra fees. The free breakfast was horrible. Cheap cereal and no cream for the coffee. Stale cheap donuts. The traffic from I-5 is very loud. We were put in a room just below a group of monthly renting construction workers who used very foul language and woke us up several times in the night. My teenage daughters were whistled at and the men made lewd comments toward them. There were no other rooms available so we wanted to go to another hotel. The girl at the front desk told us that would be no problem and to come back later and the owner would refund our money. When we came back later he said it was too late and would not refund our money for the second night. He was very rude and would not listen to us. He yelled and laughed at us! Do not stay at this hotel!! I do not recommend it for anyone! Not worth the 85 dollars a night!! Other hotels in Woodland charge the same and are much nicer!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Roadtrip66Washington
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodland
Best Western Woodland Inn
#1 of 8 in Longview
La Quinta Inn & Suites Vancouver
Super 8 Kelso Longview Area
GuestHouse Inn & Suites Kelso/Longview

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!