“A Nice Photograph”

Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Woodland
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Let me start by confessing that it was raining when I was there so I may not have seen all there is to see or too, taken as much time to really absorb "the place". That said, there's a nice photograph or two to be had, but not sure it's worth any time/gas if not on your route. I didn't notice any facilities...i.e., bathrooms. Other reviewers spoke of actual grinding happening. That would have been great to see I think and perhaps an entirely different rating would be warranted in my mind had I seen that. Timing is everything. Do your research.

Management response:Responded June 6, 2015

The public restrooms are located across the bridge at the top of the stairs, near the Caretaker's cabin. We would love to have them a little closer, but the idea of a septic system so close to the creek forbids it. I hope you can make it back sometime when we are open. 1-4 Saturday and 2-4 Sunday

There are newer reviews for Cedar Creek Grist Mill

Reviewed September 26, 2013

The views in and around the Grist Mill are beautiful and the volunteers give a lot of information related to the over 100 year old mill. It is interesting to watch them grind flour or cornmeal, and you can get a bag of what they have available, with donations gladly welcomed. I took a group of 20 to the mill via motor coach and all of the volunteers were very helpful in making my arrangements.
The last Saturday of each month there are specials made, such as fresh churned butter, fry bread, apple cider to name a couple. I have been there 4 or 5 times and I have learned something new each time.

2  Thank Reba M
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Go when you know they will be grinding something. Pretty in the fall but not much to see. It is a nice drive and something to do on a lazy day but I would not call it a "destination". During apple pressing season it is packed! I didn't enjoy standing in line but the apple cider was delicious.

1  Thank cobox598764
Reviewed June 11, 2013

A great family adventure that is historic and shows & tells you how it works. During different times from Spring thru fall it is open to the public and during the fall the serve some yummy apple cider! There is a trail that you can hike back up and check out how the use this turbine to trap fish then count then take them back upstream and release them. It's a 10 minute drive off the I-5 freeway. Take a picnic lunch and sit at the tables nestled under the trees and the listen to the creek. I have been here five times now and always find it amazing!!

3  Thank Dawn A
Reviewed May 11, 2013

The mill is over 100 years old and is still works all by volunteers .It is open only the weekends and is free,donations only. We like it there,the staff know all the history of this mill,that still works and makes flour,all with the power off wates!! It is a little gem and i am glad to leave close to it!!