“Very Good Cuban Food”

Twisted Cuban Cafe & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Twisted Cuban Cafe & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 113 Restaurants in Woodinville
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Full service restaurant serving authentic Cuban food. Full bar service including wine, beer & cocktails. There is an outdoor patio where you can relax and enjoy a Cuban Mojito. You can dine in or take out and catering is available too. Enjoy our happy hour Monday to Friday from 3pm to 6pm.
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Let me first preface this review with the fact that I grew up in Miami, FL and am very familiar with Cuban food.

A Cuban restaurant in Seattle is a very rare thing so when I saw an ad for this restaurant I knew I had to go and try it out. I am glad I did. The food was excellent. Some of the flavors are a little different from what I know but nonetheless everything was still very good.

I had the Palomilla Steak which came with Black Beans and Rice and Sweet Plantains. My friend had the chicken breast which also came with the same side dishes. We ordered fried Yuca as an appetizer. All of the items were fantastic. For dessert I ordered the Flan. Cuban Flan is different from Mexican Flan. The Flan was by far the best Flan I have tasted. It was fantastic!

My only criticism was that the kitchen was extremely slow in every aspect. This was no fault of the server. The server was excellent.

I will definitely return.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Attentive service. Properly prepared drinks. Wonderful shredded pork dinner. My second time here and was equally impressed both times. Had the Cuban sandwich on my first visit and enjoyed it so much I had a hard time convincing myself to try something else but was very glad I did because the shredded pork dinner was a treat. I'll be back for sure when I'm in the area again.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

I was so excited to see a Cuban restaurant in the area. The place was pretty busy. We were seated in the back corner and it seemed like they forgot about us. The food was ok but not great. The Mojito was pretty good. I will probably not return unless it is just for a Mojito.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

The place was filled and people were waiting for tables. The drinks were good, not watered down and the mojito I had was well crafted. Both ordered ropa vieja, the moros con cristianos (white rice with black beans) was ok, the tostones very good, the meat, not so good. The problem was that there was wayyyy to much tomato sauce. Do a search for ropa vieja and you will see what it should look like. Sometimes restaurants crafted this way in order to extend the product. Will we be back, perhaps to try the appetizer platter.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My son recommended this restaurant, he found it by coincidence. You would never know it's Cuban by it's name, but it's amazingly delicious. This restaurant is a sandwich shop by day and a cozy Cuban restaurant for dinner. It has a very cozy and nice atmosphere, very appealing inside and the food was great. The owner himself takes pride in what he cooks and serves and always looking for your honest opinion. I would and I have recommended it to all my friends, have posted on FB and looking forward to going again soon.

1  Thank millieva0609