“Best stop for food in the Valley”

The Hollywood Tavern
Ranked #5 of 113 Restaurants in Woodinville
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Hollywood Tavern is a new American roadside tavern that brings wine country farm cuisine together with whiskey, cold beer, cheeseburgers, roasted meats, fresh pastas and house-made soft serve ice cream. Kick back around our fire pit, or stretch out on the back patio after a day of wine tasting.
Reviewed July 21, 2014

After visiting several of the many great wineries in the Woodinville valley, we dropped into the Hollywood for dinner just as the sun was going down. The place was busy and full, but the service was excellent. We had the choice of sitting inside, which is cozy and light, with lots of windows to let in the warm summer air or we had the choice to sit in back garden area. We choose the choose the back area, and sat down at one of my many tables. The service was prompt and timely, and the menu provided a wide range of options, but not so wide that you could not make a choice. The food was outstanding, and the selection of drinks was also welcoming. This is our new favorite spot in the valley. Good with couples, groups or the family. If you are planning to see a concert next-door at the Ch. Ste Michelle winery, make sure that you make a reservation. Popular place, before and after shows.

Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Located near the southern part of Woodinville next to Woodinville Whiskey, the Hollywood Tavern offers excellent bar food, drinks, and service. We enjoyed the Woodin burger (roasted red and green chili, BBQ sauce, pepper jack cheese, and and onion straws), steak sandwich (thinly sliced steak, rocket, and Stella blue cheese on a fresh baguette), splitting a small Mac and cheese (with smoked Gouda and cauliflower- a great combo). All of our dishes were fantastic! Highly recommended-

Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch while visiting nearby wineries. I had the best BLT sandwich- I think it was maple flavored bacon with fresh tomatoes. My husband had a delicious salmon sandwich.
The ambience was delightful, from the reclaimed wood tables to the overhead lighting using mismatched table lampshades. The waitstaff was attentive and we enjoyed chatting with the manager.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Spent an nice evening at The Hollywood Tavern sampling their whiskey. Although I'm not a big whiskey lover I did enjoy sipping the various whiskeys. The star of the evening though was the macaroni and cheese dish. I can't remember what was in it other than I loved it. We had two picnic tables with ten people and the service was attentive and drinks and food were prompt. I'd consider another visit here!

Reviewed July 6, 2014

We came here after a tour and tasting at the Woodinville Whiskey distillery (literally 20' from each other), and had a great mid-afternoon meal on a lovely summer afternoon. This was our first visit, so we expected some decent pub grub, but what we experienced was so much more.

First, we found fried pickles on the menu, which we nearly always get whenever we see them--so good, with a brief dip in the hot sauce followed by a dunk in the buttermilk dip. My wife got the small mac and cheese, which she reported as delicious, a creamy blend of cheeses with a nice Ritz-panko crust, while our daughter got a very good Caesar salad.

At new taverns or quick-service places, I tend to order a common item such as a burger, to see how they do with a classic meal. Here, my eye caught the roasted pork roll, and it was one of the best sandwiches I've ever had. Huge chunks of juicy, flavorful pork piled high on a sturdy, toasted roll, smothered in cheese, and sprinkled with cilantro and sliced jalapeño. I normally don't go for spicy items, but on this sandwich the peppers perfectly balanced the sweetness of the pork.

The sandwich itself was huge--my wife and I could have easily split the meal, but I finished it off, and skipped dinner after. It is served with a side of awesome hand-cut fries, seasoned with coarse-gorund salt, but sadly lacking any tartar or other interesting side to dip them in--a minor issue in an otherwise epic meal.