“A great place if you don't really like Chinese Food”
Review of Chan's Place

Chan's Place
Ranked #15 of 114 Restaurants in Woodinville
Cuisines: Fast Food
Woodinville, Washington
“A great place if you don't really like Chinese Food”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I suppose I'm a bit spoiled. Before moving to WA state a few years ago, I lived more than 20 years in the San Francisco Bay Area. In the Bay Area, you can find tasty, authentic Chinese food on every corner.

We tried Chan's place once, and were pretty disappointed. (Imagine Chef Boyardee preparing a Chinese meal for a Senior Housing cafeteria.) Yes, the entrees have Chinese names. And they are served on Chinese-style plates. But that's about it.

About six months later, we were leaving a neighboring business when we overheard a group of college-age kids remark, "Chan's Place? That's where my grandma goes to hang out!"

Visited October 2012

Redmond, Washington
“Always good.”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The food here is consistently good. They make the best garlic chicken wings. We've been to this restaurant many times and we've never had a bad experience. Lunch prices are typically the best, but even dinner prices are reasonable.

• Visited May 2013
Seattle, Washington
“GOOD FOOD”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We really like this place for good chinese. I love the mongolian beef the most, and they have some of the best wonton soup. Lunch has great prices!!!

Visited January 2013
Bothell, Washington
“Consistency and Quality”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have been going to Chan's in Woodinville for 20 years. The food has never wavered in quality, many of the same people still work there, they do so much right. If you do take-out, and you are a Chinese mustard fan, be sure to ask that they include their homemade mustard, it's the best. My favorite foods are broccoli beef, almond chicken, and sweet and sour shrimp. Old standards, I know, but I do enjoy consistency. In many years I have never had to send anything back or had a single complaint about service.

• Visited March 2013
Sarasota, Florida
“Delightful throwback Chinese-American Restaurant”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

This place is truly a throwback to an earlier era of Chinese American restaurant dining, with distinctive decorative elements in homage to the old motherland. Classical Chinese music plays in the background, with dining booths and full service at budget prices. The food is orthodox Chinese-American, proficiently prepared. It is a welcome escape from the concrete and asphalt swath of Kirkland/Woodinville retail strp. The food is neither cutting edge nor an authentic representation of Chinese cuisine, but is a welcome throwback to a gracious era.