“Very Good Dining Experience”
Review of Barking Frog

Barking Frog
Reserve with OpenTable
Barking Frog is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 114 Restaurants in Woodinville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rte 202
Description: It's difficult to say what is most appealing about the Barking Frog - the food, the wine, the atmosphere. All of the above earned this casual bistro featuring country fresh Northwest cuisine rave reviews. Honors have included "Restaurant of the Year", "Most Innovative Wine List" and "Wine Grand Award" awards, presented by the Washington Wine Commission. Delectable dishes entice guests to linger in the light-filled dining room or to gather around the fireplace. While in the summer, lunch and dinner are served in the courtyard. Wine tasting in Fireside Cellars - Many wineries are open for public tastings, others are not. However, there is one place where you can relax with friends and fellow guests to taste the finest that Woodinville Wine Country has to offer - Fireside Cellars at Willows Lodge. Join us from 4PM-11PM Sunday-Thursday and 4PM-12AM Friday and Saturday.On weekends, the sweet smell of crepes fills the air as the Fireside Cellars is now open and offers both sweet and savory crepes along with oatmeal, pastries and your favorite coffee/espresso. Open Saturdays and Sundays from 8AM-1PM.
Reviewed June 9, 2013

My wife and I have eaten at the Barking Frog a handful of times when we've stayed at Willows Lodge in Woodinville. (Barking Frog is part of Willows Lodge) Dinner is the best meal at Barking Frog; the food is terrific and the wine selection is outstanding. Matt, the sommelier, has an encyclopedic knowledge of local Washington wines and makes great recommendations.

Breakfast is good, but the staff and food aren't at the same level as dinner. On Saturday we had a forgetful waiter who constantly changed or ignored details, but food was good. On Sunday we walked in at 9:15 and the hostess told us they were "fully committed" until 11:30 and outside seating wasn't open, but that we could sit on stools in the bar and order off the menu. Sitting on my stool I began to wonder how a restaurant is fully committed with 50% of the inside tables unoccupied, and then watched as new arrivals were seated outside.

Dinner is definitely their strong suite; breakfast is overpriced and the staff seems less experienced.

Mike W, General Manager at Barking Frog, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thank you for your support of the Barking Frog! I am sorry to hear that you had such lop sided experiences with us from dinner to breakfast. Your feedback is important to us as we use it as coaching opportunities for all of our team. I hope you come back to try us from breakfast again soon!

There are newer reviews for Barking Frog

Reviewed June 3, 2013

We were recommended to go to Woodinville by our hotel to tour the local wineries. We had a great day visiting wineries and also the Red Hook Brewery, topped off by a late lunch at The Barking Frog. Cool building nice food, I had the dungeness crab salad and it was delicious. My wife and our friends also really enjoyed the experience.

Mike W, General Manager at Barking Frog, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thank you for feedback of your experience at the Barking Frog! The next time your travels bring you to the Seattle area, I hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I want to like the Barking Frog, I really do. I have a friend who loves to drive out there for lunch. So I go. Luckily, she drives a hybrid, so at least we're not spending a lot of money on gas to reach the BF.
I've tried this restaurant three times. It's a mess. When we arrived this time, it was busy. So we waited on some uncomfortable chairs near the front door. We had to move a couple of crates of wine off of the seats. Apparently, there had been a delivery.
Honestly, I can't even remember what either of us ordered. I was there only to accomodate my friend. I think I had a sandwich and iced latte. My friend was disappointed with her meal.
We shared a chocolate-cake thing, which was tiny. Pretty, but tiny.
I hate wasting my time and money on silly places. But if it makes my friend happy.....

Mike W, General Manager at Barking Frog, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

I am sorry that we did not deliver on the level of quality and experience we pride ourselves on however I thank you for your feedback and I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to re-earn your support.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Sitting side by side my boyfriend and I were able to share all the wonderful appetizers and entrees. The asparagus tart was to die for and the Halibut dish was a very generous portion that was well cooked. Very impressive selection of Washington state wines. We enjoyed the Two Vintners Grenache Blanc, it paired perfectly with our meal.

Mike W, General Manager at Barking Frog, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Hello Estelle, Thank you for your support of the Barking Frog, I am so glad to hear you and your boyfriend had a great dinner with us!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

We went here for lunch to celebrate my husband's grad school graduation. At first we were a little disappointed that on a Saturday at 1:30 PM they only offered brunch. We had looked at the menu online and we were looking forward to some items that weren't on the brunch menu. Still - there were some yummy things to choose from. Had delicious drinks (blackberry fizz!) The drinks did take forever to come out and so the waitress apologized and the manager purchased our drinks for us (sweet!) We ate on the patio which was lovely and our food was very good. I had the flank salad which was decent and my husband had the burger and fried which he said was delicious. He also had the Grand Marinier Prawns and said they were amazing. Great lunch (brunch) and a lovely day to sit outside. I'd like to try it for dinner.

Mike W, General Manager at Barking Frog, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Hello Lisa, Thank you for your great feedback! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your experience and had such a great day to sit out on the patio...we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!