“Great food with expert wine knowledge”
Review of Barking Frog

Barking Frog
Reserve with OpenTable
Barking Frog is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 113 Restaurants in Woodinville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rte 202
Description: It's difficult to say what is most appealing about the Barking Frog - the food, the wine, the atmosphere. All of the above earned this casual bistro featuring country fresh Northwest cuisine rave reviews. Honors have included "Restaurant of the Year", "Most Innovative Wine List" and "Wine Grand Award" awards, presented by the Washington Wine Commission. Delectable dishes entice guests to linger in the light-filled dining room or to gather around the fireplace. While in the summer, lunch and dinner are served in the courtyard. Wine tasting in Fireside Cellars - Many wineries are open for public tastings, others are not. However, there is one place where you can relax with friends and fellow guests to taste the finest that Woodinville Wine Country has to offer - Fireside Cellars at Willows Lodge. Join us from 4PM-11PM Sunday-Thursday and 4PM-12AM Friday and Saturday.On weekends, the sweet smell of crepes fills the air as the Fireside Cellars is now open and offers both sweet and savory crepes along with oatmeal, pastries and your favorite coffee/espresso. Open Saturdays and Sundays from 8AM-1PM.
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Wonderful diner option in the middle of Woodinville's wine country. The Barking Frog offers an extensive wine list and a good selection of wines by the glass. And if you do want to try a wine by the glass, they do it right, by bringing out the bottle, offering a taste and the proceeding to pour. But on to the food, which of course is very, very good.

Executive Chef, Bobby Moore, has put together some great combinations including a marinated beet salad with a whipped goat cheese and pistachio pesto and seared sea scallops with farro, toasted pecans, caramelized pears, chard, and chestnuts.

The seared barramundi with brussels sprouts and the Grand Marnier prawns were also a bit hit.

Mike W, General Manager at Barking Frog, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

We take a lot of pride is offering a wine list that is heavily Washington Wine centric. Being located in the heart of Woodinville Wine Country allows us to stay very closely connected with a lot of the wine makers on a personal level.

Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Wow - what a great find right in Woodinville! The Barking Frog is a cute, warm place that clearly has a focus on fresh food. The atmosphere is fantastic, I love the large fireplace in the middle. The food was exceptional and of the finest quality. If you want a fine foodie experience - this is your place!

Mike W, General Manager at Barking Frog, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Thank you for your review! We do make large efforts to support local farms and businesses with all our menus and suppliers. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

My mom took me here for lunch for my birthday this year. I had no idea that this place existed, and I am definitely going back. First, the service was excelent! Our server was incredibly knowledgeable and helpful. Secondly, the food was creative and devine. I was tempted to try their 3 course meal served with matched wines (prix fixe), but opted for a la carte. The shrimp appetizer was an amazing combination of flavors. I opted for the more traditional sandwich and fries. The turkey bacon sandwich had perfectly combined flavors (sweet, smokey, with just the right crunch), the fries were thin, crisp and flavorful , and their desserts are killer! I love the creativity and the service. I will definitely be dining there again, this time with the rest of my family.

What a great birthday treat from your mom! I am thrilled to hear you had such a great experience with us. Thank you for your support of the Barking Frog.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

This restaurant is an excellent option for fine dining/special occasion on Eastside. I went there with my colleagues to take advantage of the Dine around Seattle thing. The food we had was one of the best lunch meals I have had. Excellent steelhead and the dessert was out of this world. I will definitely go back again with my wife for dinner sometime.

The servers were very patient and nice to our large group. Although the service was slow, it was very decent service.

We are happy that you and your group were able to join us for the Dine Around Seattle promotion, it is a fun opportunity for our Chef's to try some new items. You will have to come back again and try some of the dishes off our regular menu as well!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

We had a late lunch after a most satisfying dining experience at the Herb Farm (5 stars). My wife had the french toast on halla bread with maple syrup and candied pecans. There were 3 large pieces of french toast, and she was only able to eat two. It was delicious. I had made-to-order scrambled eggs and they came perfectly prepared and very hot, right off the griddle, despite a pretty busy room with one table of about 10 being served.

What a great dining two days you had with the Herbfarm and the Barking Frog! Thank you for your support of both restaurants.