“burger and salad”
Review of Barking Frog

Barking Frog
Reserve with OpenTable
Barking Frog is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 114 Restaurants in Woodinville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rte 202
Description: It's difficult to say what is most appealing about the Barking Frog - the food, the wine, the atmosphere. All of the above earned this casual bistro featuring country fresh Northwest cuisine rave reviews. Honors have included "Restaurant of the Year", "Most Innovative Wine List" and "Wine Grand Award" awards, presented by the Washington Wine Commission. Delectable dishes entice guests to linger in the light-filled dining room or to gather around the fireplace. While in the summer, lunch and dinner are served in the courtyard. Wine tasting in Fireside Cellars - Many wineries are open for public tastings, others are not. However, there is one place where you can relax with friends and fellow guests to taste the finest that Woodinville Wine Country has to offer - Fireside Cellars at Willows Lodge. Join us from 4PM-11PM Sunday-Thursday and 4PM-12AM Friday and Saturday.On weekends, the sweet smell of crepes fills the air as the Fireside Cellars is now open and offers both sweet and savory crepes along with oatmeal, pastries and your favorite coffee/espresso. Open Saturdays and Sundays from 8AM-1PM.
BELLEVUE
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“burger and salad”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

beef burger was excellent, perfectly cooked, nice bun, very good flavor. caesar salad was good but nothing special.

Visited January 2013

Houston, Texas
“Cozy and sophisticated”
Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Barking Frog is the perfect stop for lunch after trying the many tasting rooms in Woodenville. The food is prepared topnotch with a lot of attention to flavor. Both the lamb burger and regular burgers were grilled to perfection. The open faced meatloaf sandwich was excellent. Service was excellent and the atmosphere is cozy. One of the best places to eat in this town!

Seattle, Washington
“Lack of service!”
Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

Went today with two of my coworkers for our annual Christmas lunch out. We were seated quickly but then went unnoticed for ten minutes. Had to ask the busboy if someone could come to our table and greet us. He had to go 'check the map' to see who was assigned to that table. Came bck to tell us it would be Michael. The biased could have easily taken a drink order or brought us bread.
Michael came by eventually and was unattentive. Took our order. Ten minutes later still no bread so I had to ask for that. Michael told me he'd bring me a straw for my drink - never got that. He wasn't the one that brought our food out - clearly not interested in being our server.
Two of us ordered the half sandwich soup combo - we ordered the same sandwich but hers was full o fresh lettuce, mine full of wilted yellow lettuce. Still tasty but really?
I wanted to say something to a manager but I was with my boss who was paying so didn't want to make a scene.
All I can say is those tables siting on the window benches on either side of us were also ignored by Michael today. Plates sat waiting to be cleared. Drinks were empty with no offer of a refill or another. It wasn't a good day for lunch at the frog.

1 Thank Ludamats
Mike W, General Manager at Barking Frog, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Good Morning,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your recent experience with us. It is clear to me that it was not to the level for which we aspire and we are known for. Please accept my apologies for our failure and I would like an opportunity to speak with you about how we can turn this last impression around and show you that it was the exception rather than the norm. I can be reached directly at 425-424-2591. I look forward to speaking with you soon and I hope we can re-earn your loyalty.

Mike West
Director of Food & Beverage
Monroe, New Jersey
“Returned a year later still wonderful”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

As the title states, we ate here approximately one year prior, we had a GREAT experience on that trip and once again we were rewarded with a wonderful lunch. Great service, very well prepared food, a truly nice place to enjoy a long relaxing lunch on Sunday after visiting the fabulous local tasting rooms. Our service was great, very friendly and attentive, we wanted for little to nothing.
Can' say enough good about this place, would return and hope to! very soon, try it, you'll like it for sure!

• Visited November 2012
Seattle, Washington
“Amazing Food”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Absolutely one of our favorite restaurants. Great food, wonderful wine list, great service. Love it for breakfast (when staying at the Willows Lodge), lunch or dinner. We will drive way out of our way to go there for a special dinner.

• Visited October 2012