“Should not be the norm in Seattle”
Review of Red Hook Brewery

Red Hook Brewery
Ranked #2 of 62 things to do in Woodinville
More attraction details
Owner description: A popular local brewery.
Redmond, WA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Should not be the norm in Seattle”
Reviewed July 7, 2008

My husband and I are 7-year transplants from Germany and then the Midwest. We have marveled at how great the food is at most of all the pubs and breweries we have tried here in the Seattle area....until we went to Redhook. Service was slow at best - we did not see our server but a few times. They brought out our appetizers and entrees at the same time. By the time we worked our way through the nachos, our burgers were cold. I had ordered some shrimp that was still on the raw side, not to mention a bit fishy smelling. I could not finish that appetizer with the smell. I had heard so many good things about Redhook - the beer, the live music, etc. I thought for sure that the food had to fabulous too, especially for a local tourist site. Unfortunately, that was not the case.

• Korean first
Wyoming
“terrible service”
Reviewed June 8, 2008

It is rare that I feel compelled to write bad reviews, but I experienced the worst service I've had in years at the Woodinville Red Hook pub. This was 2:30PM on a Sunday afternoon when the place was not that busy. There were empty tables, but they made multiple partys wait. My wife and I waited for 30 minutes for a table. When the waiter took our order, he took both our drink (two porters) and food (soup and sandwich) order. He then brought us the wrong beers, two IPA's and didn't bring any water - even though we asked for it. I suspected this might be a problem when a waiter in a major brew pub can't tell the difference between a porter and an IPA. He then ignored us for 45 minutes. Eventually he came back to say that our order had been lost. By this time we simply asked for the check. He brought us the check - and sure enough, he included our full order on the check. By this time, I was so livid, I left enough money to cover those wrong beers, since we did decide to try them, then left. This occurred on Sunday, June 8, 2008.

Knoxville, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Worth your time!”
Reviewed May 2, 2008

I stopped at the Red Hook Brewery today and went on the tour. Our tour guide, Patrick was really great. He shared the history of the brewery, how the beer is made and packaged, and also explained each of the beers to us. They serve you five different beers on the tour. If you enjoy beer, this is a great side trip. I have read some of the other comments on the board and I was shocked....it cost a whole dollar and you are served about half a pint of beer in the process.

Arlington, WA
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Tour Not So Hot”
Reviewed April 26, 2008

We started the tour today and were disappointed. I took the tour several years ago when the brewery was located at 35th and Phinney in Seattle and enjoyed it. The tour kept moving and at the end they poured you a beer in the bar.

Today we left the tour after standing for 25 minutes in the first room while the employee kept filling beer glasses multiple times for the 30 some guests. We got 5 minutes of the history of Redhook which was interesting, then he resumed refilling glasses.

The pub seemed fine. My daughter and her friend enjoyed lunch while we were on the tour. They reported that the food was good.

I would not recommend the tour unless you are interested in standing around in a warm room drinking lots of beer out of a 4oz glass for $1.

1 Thank BoatingInSeattle
Minneapolis, MN
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“great tour”
Reviewed November 2, 2007

the brewery tour was great - it cost $1 and included a 5 oz souvenir glass that they filled 5 times over the course of the tour. another bonus is the chateau st michelle winery right across the street. the only restaurant i saw in the area was at the brewery, it was okay. nothing particularly good or bad to say about the restaurant other than that it was very convenient. it looked like biking was a popular activity in the area with trails coming right up to the brewery and winery.