“Excellent Lunch!”

Purple Cafe and Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Purple Cafe and Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 112 Restaurants in Woodinville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: NE 145th St.
Description: Purple Café and Wine Bar pairs a global wine selection with a menu that combines classic American styles with seasonal Northwest ingredients..
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We stopped here after a visit to Chateau Ste Michelle. I had the fish and chips with a delicious glass of white wine. They have an extensive wine list, service was friendly and fast.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

We visited Purple October 2013. I had the chicken sandwich and it was excellent. We also had a number of appetizers. The appetizers were excellent. We were a large group and the service was excellent for the entire group.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Our daughter got married this summer at a winery in Woodinville, so we always went to Purple when we were in town. Their food is awesome---some great, unique offerings without being weird! People are friendly and we never felt rushed, even when we were just having appetizers and wine. Our daughter and her husband just bought their first home in Woodinville, thus assuring many more trips to Purple!!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Had a late lunch here. I had a flight of pacific NW white wine and the soup, salad, and sandwich. Everything was great including the service and atmosphere.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I'm generally fairly easy to please when it comes to restaurants and food, but I was a little disappointed with this, my first visit to Woodinville's well-known Purple Café. Perhaps my experience was an anomaly or I had "bad luck", but in any case, here's the good and the not-so-good:

THE GOOD:

1. Pretty amazing wine list

2. Friendly and knowledgeable staff

3. The grilled summer squash appetizer was absolutely wonderful

4. I like that they leave a carafe of water at the table

5. Nice interior décor . . .really liked the candles attached to the wall

6. Outdoor sitting area was inviting and pleasant (unfortunately we did not sit there).

THE NOT-SO-GOOD:

1. The restaurant acoustics are noisy, and the table where we sat was very dark, making it difficult to read the menu.

2. No bread was served to us. We did order bruschetta off the appetizer menu, but I was not very impressed . . . it was a little heavy and with the cheese the pieces were more like "mini-pizzas" than bruschetta.

3. Our (wife and myself) orders were both pasta: a Dungeness crab & mushroom pasta, and a Gorgonzola Pancetta. The former was OK but nothing special; the latter was really heavy and not very flavorful . . .I ate half, took the rest home, but never felt like eating it.

4. The crème brulee we had for dessert was served cold. Apparently "culinary custom" "allows" this, but at a middle to upscale eatery, I like it when the caramelized top of a crème brulee is still warm.

5. Parking was a headache -- something you wouldn't expect for a restaurant in an "exurban" location; it's a crowded lot with a dead-end that makes it tough to turn around after an unsuccessful search, especially with other cars trying to do the same. Ended up parking in a gravel lot down the road. No big deal to walk a bit, but perhaps on a busy Saturday evening, they could put a guy out in the lot with an orange vest to provide some direction or guidance to their customers.