“Back again, but being lied to only makes it an avg rate.”

Purple Cafe and Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Purple Cafe and Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 114 Restaurants in Woodinville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: NE 145th St.
Description: Purple Café and Wine Bar pairs a global wine selection with a menu that combines classic American styles with seasonal Northwest ingredients..
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We had lunch earlier and was pleased with the BLT and ceasar salad w/ lemon dijon viniagrette dressing. But the linguini basil dish was very oily and heavy. For dinner, my favorite dish is the chicken marsala paired with Angelina pinot noir. But Purple no longer carries Angelina and recommends their Wlliamette Valley pinot for $10.50 a glass. When my marsala comes, it was delicious as usual but the pinot was horrible tasting with my dish. I asked our waitress, Autumn, if this was the Williamette pinot and she said yes. Well, when the bill came it said the pinot was the Bearboat from Sonoma $11. I asked her again and she said it was the Williamette pinot. Look, I'm not a dummy when it comes to wines but if your not going to admit that you gave me the wrong wine then I'm going to remember that my dinner was so-so. We skipped the chocolate cake since we heard that it was so-so also.

There are newer reviews for Purple Cafe and Wine Bar

Reviewed October 14, 2012

My wife and I went to Purple Cafe recently for lunch in Woodinville. The restaurant is close to tourist district. We went on Saturday and the restaurant was very busy. We were able to bring in our own wine which was great. Plus there was no corkage fee. We started with the stuffed dates which were very good. My wife had the apple, stilton salad and I had the raviolis. Both of them were very good. The service was excellent and prompt. There is large outdoor eating area. We both enjoyed our time at the Purple Cafe and would go back again.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

We liked the informal atmosphere and great food. Waiters were attentive and the food was better than we expected.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Went to dinner here with friends, had the lobster mac & cheese with bacon....to die for!! Purple also has a great wine selection.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

This is a popular chain, and I have eaten in 3 of their four locations. I always enjoy my meals, and they have a really fun wine selection, with flights available. I really like their tomato basil soup and their BLTA sandwich. I usually take half the sandwich home for later. They also have really nice salads and cheese selections. My husband really enjoyed his salmon dinner.

The restaurants draw a good crowd and have always been busy when I have been there. The atmosphere is stone/metal/cement - and two of the restaurants have garage-style doors that roll up to bring the outside in. Really great on warm days and evenings. Because of the materials used in the (very tasteful) design, the restaurants stay on the cool side, and become very noisy as they fill up. Also the chairs are really big. I'm an average sized woman and my feet barely touch the floor, and if they do, I can't lean back in the chair. Definitely made for huge men! They are also very heavy and are hard to move.

The Woodinville location is one of the few restaurants right in the wine tasting district, and is a great choice both for selection and price.