“Great time”

and up
Private Tour: Snoqualmie Falls and Woodinville Wineries Day Trip from Seattle
Ranked #1 of 67 things to do in Woodinville
More attraction details
Owner description: Beautiful vineyard featuring tours of the premisis and summertime concerts.
Reviewed November 17, 2013

My wife and I drove out to the Chateau Ste. Michelle for our first vineyard experience. The grounds are beautiful, we saw lots of geese, a couple of peacocks, and some other little wildlife just on the short walk up to the winery. We walked around the grounds a bit enjoying the landscape and views before heading inside. The staff we encountered were all very welcoming and helpful. We got set up for a (free!) tour where they walked us around the winery and explained all the steps involved in making their wine and history of the property and the wine itself. After the tour of the facility we were taken to a small barrel room where there were glasses of wine waiting for everyone in our (small) group. We all sampled 3 of their wines and the tour guide explained the differences in each and answered any questions we had. They also have a tasting room where you can sample all kinds of wines and have them paired with recommended food items. It's about a half hour drive from Seattle, so whether you're visiting from out of town or live close by I'd recommend checking it out, we had a great time.

1  Thank Mike S
in 8 reviews
"the reserve"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed November 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed locally so we could visit Chateau Ste. Michelle winery as part of our 10th anniversary celebration. The grounds are beautiful, the tour guide very knowledgeable, the décor and gift area very tastefully decorated and all staff were friendly and helpful. When the guide found out about anniversary she gave everyone in the tour a glass of sparkling wine and toasted us. We ordered a case of different wines after picking our preferences through tasting and had it shipped home.

1  Thank Jeanne R
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

This is a must when visiting wine country. Wonderful staff and love all the wine! The grounds are also gorgeous. Definetly stop here.

1  Thank TravelingTexans007
Reviewed November 3, 2013

What a wonderful way to spend an afternoon. We had signed up ahead of time for the wine and cheese pairing class. Our guide was very informative and the portions were extremely generous. I didn't even finish all the different wines that they gave us! The grounds were gorgeous. It would be a perfect place to just sit and have a picnic and a glass of wine. Worth the trip from Seattle if you're visiting.

1  Thank arizona_8
See more reviews
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Chateau St. Michelle is a stop we make on every trip to Seattle. The grounds, manor house, and winery are gorgeous. It's a nice way to spend an afternoon after facing stressful Seattle traffic and days of hectic trips to attractions around the city. The guide who led our tour was knowledgeable, and I enjoy hearing about the history of industries in cities I visit. The tasting was great; I was the driver and was sorry to be able to only have a sip of each tasting. The server was nice and helped us understand many things about wine and tasting wine and helped recommend some wines for us to purchase. I decided to buy several bottles of the Muscat, which were only available at the winery. So they shipped the wine for us and were very patient while I made my other choices. We had a lovely picnic at one of the tables outside the winery. I purchased cheese, crackers, and hummus at the winery, and we had brought fruit and vegetables from Pike Place Market. It was a wonderful way to spend a relaxing afternoon. I highly recommend spending time at Chateau St. Michelle when you visit Seattle.