“Great place to stay in the middle of wine heaven.”
Review of Willows Lodge

Willows Lodge
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Woodinville
Ellensburg, Washington
“Great place to stay in the middle of wine heaven.”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

My wife and I booked the weekend as our Christmas gift to each other. We knew there were many wine tasting locatons in the area, we had no idea there were over a hundred within walking distance. Rooms were warm and very clean and comfortable. Staff was outstanding. We will return.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Scott L
Matt H, General Manager at Willows Lodge, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Scott L - We are all very pleased to see you enjoyed your belated Christmas gift to each other. Thank you for the great review and we look forward to your return as well.

Matt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
Anaheim, California
Reviewed March 20, 2014

The staff is really helpful and nice, they made us feel welcomed. I stayed here with my husband for a weekend get away and it was great. The rooms are awsome, relaxing and very comfortable. I didn't get that anxious feeling I usually get when I stay at a hotel wondering if they actually cleaned it good and not wanting to touch anything. We did not dine at the restaurant since we are from California and wanted to go out and explore. We will definitely come back for another getaway next year.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Angie R - Thank your for choosing the Lodge as your Washington getaway and for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to the return you mentioned and will have to get you into the Barking Frog this time around.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed March 15, 2014

The staff are awesome, this resort has SERVICE down with a capital S. We spent TOO much money on our room to have a view of a garbage dump! Nothing was done about that complaint at all. It was almost like being in a circle K with items lined up against the wall to purchase in our room. Way too much for my tastes. The resort was smaller than expected. Booked through expedia and will not do that again. The lounge is always busy and has live entertainment. Again we paid extra for a room with a view, bummer for us. It was our anniversary too.

Room Tip: If you don't like wine do not go, nothing to do but to go to a winery, which is always fun.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lynma1959
Lynma1959 -

Thank you so very much for spending your anniversary with us at the Lodge. We always love hearing the great compliments about our service. The view of the dumpster and your complaint about it is something we should have fixed immediately and for that I apologize. I looked for your reservation but was not able to find it based on your TA username so if you wanted to reach out to me personally I would be more than happy to work with you on a this and make it right.

For future guests this view is a very temporary waste bin ( It leaves next week actually 4/1) as we have just completed a kitchen upgrade project to serve you and all our guests better.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I had stayed here a number of years ago, and loved it them. I still love it today. As special thanks to Ben at the front desk. I unfortunately could not spend the time there I wanted to as I unwell and needed to get home early.. I went down to check out that evening, and to my delight Ben told me that they would not charge me for the night I couldn't stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank erikaclt
Matt H, General Manager at Willows Lodge, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Erikaclt-

Thank you for the great review and for naming Ben specifically. He does a great job day in and day out and he will appreciate the mention.

The most rewarding compliment we can receive is you choosing to return so thank you for coming back and we look forward to your next visit as well.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

I stayed at the Willows a few weeks after it first opened in 2001, and boy it's showing its age now after almost no updates in 13 years. In fact, it feels quite average. The staff is great still, but the facilities tired. The most noticeable, and arguably easy (and therefore perplexing) area where the hotel is showing its age is with the bedding. The mattresses are saggy, wiggly and in desperate need of replacement. The pillows -- 2 feather (standard size, not king) and 3 poly (but odd big squares) were terrible; the 2 small (not king even tho a king room) were flat, lumpy and ready for the garbage bin. I asked for 2 additional pillows, and got 2 lumpy poly standard pillows. I had such a bad night sleep the first night that I asked for a room with a newer mattress. The staff, while very obliging and eager to please, asserted they had no idea of the age of the mattresses, but would find me a new room. I asserted that I didn't want to move for the sake of moving if all the beds were indeed the same age/condition. After inspecting a few additional rooms, I realized they were indeed all the same. Even after adding a board under the mattress, I had another terrible night and checked out a few days earlier than planned that next a.m.

Some other rather mid-grade items included: Starbucks coffee in decanters in the lobby in the a.m. - while complimentary coffee is a nice touch, surely they could find a local roaster/organic brew that would be a bit more interesting than Starbucks. The shower, while novel in 2001 (digital temp) is now more annoying than anything -- the shower head is in the corner nearest the shower-door/curtain-free opening which forces you to stand almost at the opening with one should on the wall to get under the stream (not to mention water goes all over the bathroom). The carpets in the room were frayed and soiled, and the upholstered chair just seemed sad.

All in all felt very much like a mid-grade Marriott experience with 5-star staff. Certainly not worth the rates they're charging in my opinion.

There are other far more luxurious places around that deliver better value, and more comfort. The Woodmark and Heathman are the 2 I will pick over the Willows until I hear they've renovated and then I'll be back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank zim_travelin_guy
Matt H, General Manager at Willows Lodge, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Zim_Travlin_Guy -

Thank you so very much for your return visit! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We also appreciate the compliments to the team who are the most important element of creating the experience that we aspire to at the lodge.

Thank you for the candid comments on the facility. The Lodge has been a favorite getaway for 13 years now and some areas are well loved and therefore being updated as we speak including the recent completion of new Lobby Bar, refreshed carpets, and more updates coming all the time.

Bedding is very personal choice and although we have very fresh high end beds that overall receive amazing feedback we clearly did not meet your requests on this front. I have made notes in your history for us find you the right fit upon you next stay. I will personally look into the rooms that you visited to ensure that is we do have a challenge it will be resolved.

San Francisco
Reviewed March 2, 2014

At check in we were told we were getting an upgraded room. This is not our first time at Willows Lodge so we were expecting something even nicer than our previous stays. Unfortunately, their was a huge recycle container outside of our sliding door causing us to keep our curtains closed.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Matt H, General Manager at Willows Lodge, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Hello Nancy M - Thank you so very much for your return visit to the Lodge. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your time enough to return.

The room you stayed in is an upgraded room with the added feature of the jetted tub ( all rooms have tubs this one has the jetted tub) and normally a very nice look at our grounds. You are however very correct that we should have handled this room differently while we have a temporary dumpster parked there to help us upgrade our carpet and kitchen. Thank you for reminder of this and it will help us improve.

We look forward to your next return.

sitka, ak
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights and there was absolutely nothing to complain about. Service was great, room inbelievable, everything was perfect. If I am ever in the area again I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
lsledweler -

Thank you for the great review and for staying at Willows Lodge. We look forward to your return.

Matt
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodinville
Salish Lodge & Spa
Salish Lodge & Spa
#1 of 2 in Snoqualmie
Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bothell
Four Seasons Hotel Seattle
The Heathman Hotel Kirkland
The Fairmont Olympic Seattle

Been to Willows Lodge? Share your experiences!