“A wonderful experience”
Review of Willows Lodge

Willows Lodge
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Woodinville
Reviewed July 30, 2013

From check in to check out.
Front desk was very friendly and hospitable.
Second floor balcony room over garden was wonderful and quiet. In need of a little updating.
Spa was terrific. Best massages my wife and I ever had.
We needed an in town getaway and this was perfect.

Room Tip: 2nd floor balcony overlooking garden in back.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

My mother-in-law and sister-in-law were here from out of town and we booked a day at the Spa at the Willows Lodge. We all three were to start with Lomi Lomi massages. We were told we could arrive an hour early, which was a fantastic way to start as they have a very nice steam room and outdoor jacuzzi (small outdoor area with seating for three only, though).

One oddity was that as we chatted after our massages: my therapist said she generally uses oil with scent and asked if that was ok with me. My sister-in-law was asked if she wanted a scent and was told it would cost extra and my mother-in-law wasn't given a choice. Strange. That being said, I've had a lot of massage as I am a massage therapist myself, and this was by far one of the best massages I have ever had. It was pure bliss!

We then got taken out to the pedicure tent in the gorgeous garden. This would have been more fun if there had been three people to take care of 3 of us, but there was one nail attendant .... so it took 3 hours. I have to note we knew this when we made the appointment and had a limited amount of days available to us, so this wasn't the Willows fault, but it did make for a long time to sit there. The pedicure tent was lovely, but we all felt that for what a hot stone pedicure cost, it wasn't quite worth it and we would rather have had a longer massage. For instance, our foot soaks were lukewarm and I've had better calf massages with a $25 regular pedi. Oh well - was still feeling the glow from the superb Lomi Lomi.

All in all, the service, attitude, and all-around feel of The Willows is fabulous and I'd go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Matt H, General Manager at Willows Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Shel S -

Thank you, your mother, and sister in law for joining us in the spa. I am so pleased to hear of your very positive experience in the Lomi Lomi massage and your overall great time at Willows.

We would have loved to have 3 therapists here to do your pedicure simultaneously as well and thank you for acknowledging that you were aware going in. Your feedback on the value of the Pedicure vs. the massage is a good one and we will take a good look at this one to make sure we are providing the best possible experience per dollar that we can.

Thank you again for joining us and for your review.

Warm regards,
Matt

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We had very high expectations. We stayed at the Allison Inn last year in Oregon and was expecting a similar experience. Let me say that Allison was more expensive so it is not exactly fair but Willows Lodge is not inexpensive either. If you are expecting a California experience, you will be disappointed. 99% of the grapes are not grown here so there are no winery "tours". There are a lot of tasting rooms but that is it. We had dinner at the Barking Frog. It was fine. We had just driven in from Seattle and had FABULOUS food so...
There is a lovely garden to walk through. There are 2 resident pigs out back. They are quite cute and a nice addition.
We were very disappointed when they switch off the fire outside at 9 or 10 p.m. In the courtyard. They said that the noise "disturbs" guests facing the courtyard...don't they have double paned glass windows ! Really ?
Some of the staff really had no clue. We actually went on long hikes in National Parks nearby and brought back brochures for the front desk. Some staff really had a do not care less attitude.
BTW, the breakfasts were good, the pancakes are huge. They have 3 to a stack. I ordered 1 and did not finish !
We had thought we would have a message at the spa but when we walked in, not exactly a welcoming place. We passed.
The brochure really makes the property look much better. I had to laugh when i saw the spa hot tub on the brochure and the real hot tub ! My husband said, if you turn the room lights down really low then it sort of looks like the pictures in brochures etc.
All in all, we expected too much. It was fine. Not sad to leave and come home.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Matt H, General Manager at Willows Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Happytravels63 -

Thank you for staying with us and for posting a review to Trip Advisor. We appreciate all the positive experiences that you shared with this community.

A few things to highlight. You did not expect too much! We pride ourselves on memory making experiences and although we missed the mark with you we routinely create special, personal, and memorable moments. Please come visit us again soon and let’s talk before you make your reservation so I ensure that next time is a special one.

Your are correct that this is not a California experience, the vast majority of wine in Woodinville are tasting rooms. This is a great option for those that are looking to taste and explore however for those looking for a bit more I suggest you join us for our "wineventure" tour that we put on each weekend that provides insight in to the region, its history, geography and most importantly insider access to the great wine experiences here in Woodinville.

If there is anything that I may do to help you or any Trip Advisor readers in the future please do not hesitate to reach out.

Warm regards,
Matt

Reviewed July 17, 2013

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!
My husband and I stayed at Willows lodge on July 5th as part of our 3-year anniversary celebration. We were excited to enjoy our stay but unfortunately the experience was underwhelming. When we arrived we were asked what our business was at the willows lodge. Giving us the impression that we were fortunate to be guests there (we drove our old, mint condition, Special Edition Mazda Miata). At check-in the staff was polite but not very professional in how she addressed us and quite condescending when we asked if our room was on the second floor (as we requested when making the reservation a month ago). Stating no sorry clearly communicating that the second floor rooms were reserved for better people. Instead she gave us a room without barely any light, by the party patio and wall to wall with the restrooms. When we inquired about a better location she did give us a much nicer room so there was no shortage of good rooms.
We went to the concert (Michael Franti was wonderful) and when we got back we ordered room service. The menu description gave the impression that we were getting a sandwich size meal (and the price certainly seemed to match that). When we received our order we found two tiny sandwiches each about the size of a slider. Now my husband and I are both slim light-eating people but even for us it was laughable and gone in two bites.
After our midnight snack we decided to take a bath. The tub was quite large and comfortable but the soap, shampoo and conditioner had all the luxurious feeling of diluted dish soap. The towels, of which there were only two, looked nice but were as soft and comfortable as 80 grit sandpaper. We were thinking maybe the dryer was broken..? The sheets and pillows were however very comfortable.
The next day we slept in and ordered brunch around 11am. Being that we had requested a late checkout when reserved the room, and again when we checked in we felt there was no rush but as a courtesy I called the front desk and enquired as to how late we could stay. We were then told that we needed to vacate the room by noon but when I insisted the person was ‘kind’ enough to allow us to stay until one but made sure to tell us that they were fully booked the next night. Again making sure we understood that our wishes and desires were a distant second to the (obviously) much finer folks that were coming after us, and the streamlined workflow of the housekeeping staff.
Finally when we were leaving the bellboys were busy looking at something on one of their cellphones and paid no attention to us, in spite I was limping (we found that I was bleeding internally and now recovering from emergency abdominal surgery. Not implying that there was any connection with our stay and the burst cyst) and my husband carrying a heavy bag.
I would recommend paying the difference for a cab to another establishment if looking for a place to stay close to St. Michelle

5  Thank Jodi M
Matt H, General Manager at Willows Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear Jodi M,

Thank you so much for speaking with me on the phone about your stay and the review you posted.

Again, I am so sorry your experience here at Willows Lodge was so contrary to our reputation and the vast majority. I am however most pleased to know that after our conversation you look forward to returning.

Rather than repeat everything I said to you over the phone, I think it’s best to acknowledge to the readers of Trip Advisor, and you, of course, that we are not perfect, despite our earnest attempts to be so. We will use your experience here in our training, and continue our pursuit of lodging industry-leading customer service, rededicated to ensuring every Willows Lodge guest has the experience of a lifetime….in a good way, of course.

Warm regards and thank you from your friends at Willows Lodge.

Matt.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed at Willows for our daughter's wedding at a nearby winery. This is a hectic time at best. We had the bridal party in our room for hair and make-up and had special requests that were immediately met and promptly delivered. The staff couldn't have been more genuinely caring and sweet. At midnight, returning exhausted and keyed up, the front desk clerk asked about how everything went. I told her that I couldn't wait for a long bath in the amazing tub in our room. She said she had just the thing for me, and presented me with lavender bubble bath---just because! Andrew took is out around the grounds to pick out a perfect "first look" spot for the photo of my husband seeing his baby girl in her wedding gown for the first time. We will be back for sure---this time just for us and to relax and really take in all that Willows has to offer.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Stayed two nights while visiting Seattle with my husband. Everything was wonderful from the complimentary glass of wine at reception to the beautiful room and sunny balcony. We did not have the opportunity to visit the pool or spa but we will be back!!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Read about this in a travel magazine. The property is located near the vineyards. It has bikes to use which is fabulous as ere are trails all over. Had live music out in the garden which was very relaxing and a nice end to a day. The food in the bar was really fantastic. The beet salad rocked it. The rooms were large and very comfortable.

Room Tip: I like e courtyard room, which faced the garden.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodinville
Salish Lodge & Spa
#1 of 2 in Snoqualmie
Inn at the Market
#1 of 104 in Seattle
Belltown
The Edgewater, A Noble House Hotel

Been to Willows Lodge? Share your experiences!