“Great and Cozy place to stay for wine tasting”
Review of Willows Lodge

Willows Lodge
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Woodinville
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great Location next to numerous wineries. Front desk staff were always eager to help out and very friendly. Nice and clean rooms. We didn't try out the spa but some friends who stayed with us did and said it was great. We brought our two dogs and they got little treats. Dog food dishes and they even have a room service menu for the dog food. The grounds around the hotel were nice as well with a great Herb garden that the Herb Garden Restaurant uses daily for their meals.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Willows Lodge

Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed only one night and it wasn't enough. Beautiful lodge with a West coast design surrounded with beautiful gardens, lots of wood and the Barking Frog restaurant on the premises. Make sure to visit this restaurant with a warm atmosphere and great food, as well as a great selection of Washington wine. We had the nicer room and we really enjoyed the view of the little pond with the fountain while sitting on the balcony. There is a brewery next door and wineries all around.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Matt H, General Manager at Willows Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Toads2011 -

There is an easy solution for your challenge of "1 night not being long enough". Come back soon and stay longer, we love to have you!

Thank you for the great review and we will have another room overlooking the pond ready when you return.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Once i was on a plane and a woman told me the next time you go to Washington, MAKE SURE you treat yourself to a couple of spa days here. A couple of years later, i had the opportunity to do so after business meetings in WA. As soon as i arrived, this lovely woman Meg (you will see her mentioned in the other reviews...) handed me a glass of wine, which was what i really needed, checked me in, and somehow, in the background, took care of me the rest of my stay. Does she own this place? Probably not, she just acts likes she does, in the very best way. My plans to visit wineries evaporated, i stayed in and totally loved every minute of my stay. Had a chicken lunch in the spa which was the best meal I've had in, um, maybe the best ever, actually. But I struggle with the fact that the burger I had in the bar the next night truly was the best thing I've ever eaten... I had a lavender bath that evening while watching TV in my awesome room. Bottle of wine, French Press coffee in the room, there's nothing this place doesn't know how to do right - better than right. I am saving up for my next visit, I'll be bringing other lucky guests with me. PS the server in the bar, another lovely woman with a short platinum haircut - she's also in the business of running that hotel and doing a GREAT job of making people feel happy. Thank you all so much!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Matt H, General Manager at Willows Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

It appears that I have several people to thank.

Thank you "DeeNewYork" for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to write this review.
Thank you to the lovely person on the airplane for pointing you in our direction.
Thank you to Meg and the other many great team members that take so much pride and ownership of working at Willows Lodge every day.

We look forward to your return, early and often.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

This hotel is a little outside of Seattle, but once you get there you will be glad you did - a beautiful hotel on gorgeous grounds provides the perfect spot to relax and unwind. Right from check-in when a glass of wine was offered, through to the comfortable beds, flat-screen TV, etc - you can see how easy it would be to unwind here.
The rooms are spacious - and include fireplaces, balconies or patios, soaker tubs and separate showers, etc., etc. Unfortunately I was traveling on business and didn't get to explore and enjoy the property any further - it looked awesome. The grounds are expansive and green - and with a restaurant on site - "The Barking Frog" that offers many unique and excellent dinners.

Room Tip: 2nd Floor offers a little more privacy
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

harvman -

Thank you so very much for visiting us on your recent business trip. We look forward to having you back soon on a personal visit so you will have the time to enjoy the gardens and all the great features you were kind enough to highlight.

We will look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Stayed 3 night for a business meeting. Too bad, because I saw my room in the morning when I woke up and in the evening before going to bed. My room was lovely with its fireplace, whirlpool tub, walk-in shower and extensive mini-bar. I should say maxi-bar because rather than the usual tiny bottles, it had 1/2 bottles of wine, bottles of vodka and gin (free olives with purchase), and the type of goodies that make you swoon. One evening, my TV got disconnected from the satellite service and there was someone to fix at my room within 5 minutes. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. After I got home, I called to get a copy of my bill and they emailed it to me within 3 minutes. whoa.
Our meeting room was very nice. The continental breakfast was very good. During the day, it seemed like every time we took a quick break, the refreshments were replenished. I swear they must have had an alert that went off when we opened the door.
If you are looking for a fabulous place for a business meeting, you absolutely cannot find anything better.
If you are looking for a place to take your honey....this is it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank salesmaven

Salesmaven - We are so pleased to hear of your very positive experience in our meeting facilities and for the strong recommendation to both business and leisure guests.

There are no door alerts that go off but we sure do like try to act like it!

We look forward to serving you many times in the near future.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights on business and was blown away by Willows. All of the staff encountered were exceptional, the food in the bar was amazing, the rooms were spacious and comfortable, and the location was stellar (walking distance to more winery tasting rooms than you can imagine).. Will definitely return!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We cannot say enough wonderful things about this place. Upon checking out, we reflected on how they could improve. We couldn't come up with a thing. This place is as close to perfect as we've ever seen.

Just driving into the driveway is a pleasure. The property is beautiful, and the lodge is amazing. The lodge shares the property with The Herb Farm - beautiful gardens to walk through brimming with Spring tulips when we visited. Don't miss the Vietnamese potbelly pigs, Borage and Basil, who reside in a shed in the garden. They are being trained to hunt for truffles. The Barking Frog is also adjacent to the lodge - a very fine, but expensive, restaurant. There is a spa on the property, but we didn't partake. The Red Hook Brewery is next door, the Columbia Winery next to the brewery, and Chateau Ste. Michelle's winery across the street - all within easy walking distance. The lodge is also adjacent to a well-used bike and walking path.

The double-sided fireplace in the lobby was extremely welcome on the cool, overcast Spring day we arrived, as was the complimentary (and generous) "taste" of local merlot that was offered upon check-in. The medium-quality room we stayed in also had a gas fireplace, a balcony overlooking the back garden, and a soaking tub. A sliding panel gave the option of being able to look out into the bedroom and enjoying the fire while in the tub. We loved the little touches of luxury like the temperature-controlled shower and the French press coffeemaker complete with electric kettle for heating water and Starbuck's coffee - both regular and decaf (thank you!).

The staff was very accommodating and welcoming. Ask them the story about the burned-out cedar tree between the lodge and The Barking Frog. It's not only beautiful, but also has an interesting history.

If I had to say there was any fault, it might be that the fitness center was a little tight. If there had been more than one person in there, it would have been a squeeze. I use the machines, the weights, the bench, and the mats. There wasn't any floor space to spare!

Overall, a wonderful stay. My husband was there on business. When he showed me the website of the lodge when his company booked it, I asked if I could come along on the trip. The photos are that amazing, and it's every bit as good as it looks on the website. Check it out. Well worth the experience. It would be a fantastic weekend getaway, and the restaurants, brewery, wineries, and nearby bike trails would give lots of options for activities. Also, Seattle is only a 40-minute drive away.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Cynthia R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodinville
Salish Lodge & Spa
Inn at the Market
Inn at the Market
#1 of 102 in Seattle
The Fairmont Olympic Seattle

Been to Willows Lodge? Share your experiences!