“Stellar rooms and over the top service”
Review of Willows Lodge

Willows Lodge
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Woodinville
California
“Stellar rooms and over the top service”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Stayed 3 night for a business meeting. Too bad, because I saw my room in the morning when I woke up and in the evening before going to bed. My room was lovely with its fireplace, whirlpool tub, walk-in shower and extensive mini-bar. I should say maxi-bar because rather than the usual tiny bottles, it had 1/2 bottles of wine, bottles of vodka and gin (free olives with purchase), and the type of goodies that make you swoon. One evening, my TV got disconnected from the satellite service and there was someone to fix at my room within 5 minutes. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. After I got home, I called to get a copy of my bill and they emailed it to me within 3 minutes. whoa.
Our meeting room was very nice. The continental breakfast was very good. During the day, it seemed like every time we took a quick break, the refreshments were replenished. I swear they must have had an alert that went off when we opened the door.
If you are looking for a fabulous place for a business meeting, you absolutely cannot find anything better.
If you are looking for a place to take your honey....this is it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank salesmaven
Matt H, General Manager at Willows Lodge, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Salesmaven - We are so pleased to hear of your very positive experience in our meeting facilities and for the strong recommendation to both business and leisure guests.

There are no door alerts that go off but we sure do like try to act like it!

We look forward to serving you many times in the near future.

Warm regards,
Matt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights on business and was blown away by Willows. All of the staff encountered were exceptional, the food in the bar was amazing, the rooms were spacious and comfortable, and the location was stellar (walking distance to more winery tasting rooms than you can imagine).. Will definitely return!

• Stayed April 2013
Stuart, FL
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We cannot say enough wonderful things about this place. Upon checking out, we reflected on how they could improve. We couldn't come up with a thing. This place is as close to perfect as we've ever seen.

Just driving into the driveway is a pleasure. The property is beautiful, and the lodge is amazing. The lodge shares the property with The Herb Farm - beautiful gardens to walk through brimming with Spring tulips when we visited. Don't miss the Vietnamese potbelly pigs, Borage and Basil, who reside in a shed in the garden. They are being trained to hunt for truffles. The Barking Frog is also adjacent to the lodge - a very fine, but expensive, restaurant. There is a spa on the property, but we didn't partake. The Red Hook Brewery is next door, the Columbia Winery next to the brewery, and Chateau Ste. Michelle's winery across the street - all within easy walking distance. The lodge is also adjacent to a well-used bike and walking path.

The double-sided fireplace in the lobby was extremely welcome on the cool, overcast Spring day we arrived, as was the complimentary (and generous) "taste" of local merlot that was offered upon check-in. The medium-quality room we stayed in also had a gas fireplace, a balcony overlooking the back garden, and a soaking tub. A sliding panel gave the option of being able to look out into the bedroom and enjoying the fire while in the tub. We loved the little touches of luxury like the temperature-controlled shower and the French press coffeemaker complete with electric kettle for heating water and Starbuck's coffee - both regular and decaf (thank you!).

The staff was very accommodating and welcoming. Ask them the story about the burned-out cedar tree between the lodge and The Barking Frog. It's not only beautiful, but also has an interesting history.

If I had to say there was any fault, it might be that the fitness center was a little tight. If there had been more than one person in there, it would have been a squeeze. I use the machines, the weights, the bench, and the mats. There wasn't any floor space to spare!

Overall, a wonderful stay. My husband was there on business. When he showed me the website of the lodge when his company booked it, I asked if I could come along on the trip. The photos are that amazing, and it's every bit as good as it looks on the website. Check it out. Well worth the experience. It would be a fantastic weekend getaway, and the restaurants, brewery, wineries, and nearby bike trails would give lots of options for activities. Also, Seattle is only a 40-minute drive away.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Cynthia R
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Talk about a staff that went above and beyond! Too make a long story short I am a Canadian who was proposing to an American, and due to customs issues had to have the ring designed and purchased in the United States. I wanted to surprise my soon to be fiancée, so let her know earlier in the week that I had some friends flying down for a visit from Canada. I scoured the internet for the best reviewed, most romantic hotel/resort in or within a hour or two from Seattle. I came up with a list of 7 places and called them each (alphabetically). I let them know roughly what I wanted, and hoped they could chip in (as they know their property and services better than I ever would!). I had two possibilities out of six by the time I got around to calling Willows Lodge (the last on my list) and my call was directed to the Concierge. A woman picked up by the name of Meg, who was filling in for the concierge. She went so above and beyond with her help and advice that choosing Willows as the place to propose to my girlfriend was easy!

We arranged a number of unique romantic surprises, and took advantage of some of the already advertised packages. There is more to what we worked out, and Meg saw to everything, she was even there at the front desk to greet us and take part in the surprise, directing us to where our 'friends' would be. Instead, in a quiet corner of the courtyard, the staff had scattered rose petals along the trail leading up to a gazebo decorated with lights, and underneath it a bottle of preseco, two glasses and two chairs. My girlfriend at first was mortified that we had stumbled in on someone's romantic moment and insisted we turn back, well, at least until I got on one knee and she realized the moment was ours :)

Big thanks to the staff at Willows Lodge for making our stay one to remember, and once again, thank you so much Meg for all your help and enthusiasm (not too mention dealing with all my nervous call backs to go over the plan just 'one more time')!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JasonS334
California
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Only 30 minutes from Seattle, you are transported to a serene, relaxing environment when you check in to Willows Lodge. The rooms are huge and comfortable with amazing showers that have a digital thermometer to ensure just the right temperature. Other amenities that I particularly appreciated were the fireplace, patio, and free in-room Starbucks coffee and french press so I could make my own coffee. We enjoyed amazing crepes each morning in the lobby, sitting in front of the fireplace, watching the rain fall. We also took advantage of the jacuzzi which was set up on a zen-like garden.

The only downside was that we were in a first floor room and we had noisy neighbors above us that woke up at 6:30 in the morning! I would recommend asking for a second floor room to avoid this issue.

Room Tip: Stay in a second floor room to avoid noisy neighbors that may be above you.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Lahore, Pakistan
Reviewed April 8, 2013

It is a very nice lodge.
Very Clean rooms and envoirnment .
it is a very quite and beautiful lodge .
with in the boundries there is nice dinning and also a very nice restaurant
i stayed there for one night .
Rooms are big with a fine size of baths with all the amneties.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Vancouver Island, Canada
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My girlfriend & I wanted a weekend away in a quaint location where we had choice of things to do. From the time we pulled into the driveway till the moment we left we often said "this is exactly what we where looking for".

Let me start with the driveway. Immediately you smile and say "wow" with the flowers and design of the grounds of the Lodge on the right hand side, then you are captured with the beauty of the 2 restaurants on the left.

We were greeted with many smiles and warm hello's and given a complimentary glass of wine which was an unexpected surprise. We were asked if there was anything we would like (i.e. reservations, extra blankets or different pillows).

The walk from the lobby to our room was delightful as it crossed a short outdoor walkway with a great pond and more lovely flowers.
Our room was excellent. Modern, sparkling clean and "not your average hotel room" design. We made time to enjoy our room as it was so comfortable and spacious. We know the hotel was fully booked and commented to each other a few times that we didn't hear a peep.

We booked hot stone massages & enjoyed the outdoor hot tub a couple of times. I highly recommend Stevie for a massage. We ate and enjoyed the live music every night in the lounge. In particular we enjoyed Robbie & Dan Christmas.

This was my first time to Woodinville & Kirkland. I highly recomnend both. Next time I'm here I plan to bring our bikes to check out the trail ... and burn off the calories from eating and sipping many wines! Besides the many wineries there is so much to do in the area and if shopping is on your list, head to Bellevue which is about 20-25 mins away.

I cannot say enough great things about our stay at The Woodinville Lodge. Thanks to the many staff who made us feel very special. I very much look forward to another stay.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Patricia S
Matt H, General Manager at Willows Lodge, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you so very much for sharing! It is wonderful to read your feedback on the rooms, gardens, the welcome wine, and the team. We appreciate that you chose Willows Lodge and look forward to your return.

Warm regards,
Matt
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodinville
Salish Lodge & Spa
Salish Lodge & Spa
#1 of 2 in Snoqualmie
Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bothell
Four Seasons Hotel Seattle
The Fairmont Olympic Seattle
The Heathman Hotel Kirkland

Been to Willows Lodge? Share your experiences!