Willows Lodge has been the subject of press and guest raves ever since it opened, but that can create difficult expectations for first-time guests like us. Will we be truly blown away as others have been, or might the place be resting on its many laurels by now? But our worries were soon forgotten after a short time in this luxe accomodation. Front desk staff provided a warm and personal greeting, amplified by a welcome glass of red wine (as befits wine country). Our first glimpse of our "better" room only reinforced our impression of this being an extraordinary place to stay, with relaxing decor and many amenities. Our only disappointment at the outset was that all spa services were already booked for this holiday weekend (our fault, not theirs). But a more tangible disappointment -- the only one of our relaxing one-night stay -- occurred at departure time. We had been granted a late checkout of one hour and used that time for a long walk on the neighboring river trail, but when we returned to clean up and pack, it turned out that some sort of water maintenance service was being conducted and there was no hot water for the shower. We strongly believed that all guests should have been notified of this water interruption prior to it occurring, but that had not happened. After much back-and-forth with the front desk, we were allowed to shower in another wing of the hotel -- not convenient, but better than nothing. This might well have marred our overall impression of Willows Lodge, except that the front desk made offered sincere apologizes and a generous reduction in our bill at check-out. Both helped immensely reduce our disappointment, although we had to admit we've never encountered such a presumably plannned but unannounced hot water interruption at any hotel previously. Assume Willows Lodge will not let this situation happen again to future guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Willows Lodge is an 84-room Pacific Northwest-style lodge located in the heart of Woodinville Wine Country. There are over 100 wineries and tasting rooms in close proximity to the lodge, with over 30 of them within walking distance. Willows Lodge is home to two highly-acclaimed restaurants. Its own Barking Frog restaurant features American cuisine with Pacific Northwest influences and is open for breakfast and lunch Monday-Friday, brunch Saturday-Sunday, and dinner seven nights a week. The 5-diamond, Herbfarm Restaurant, features a 9-course wine paired menu Thursday-Sunday evenings. The lively lobby bar, Fireside, opens at 4pm daily and features live entertainment Thursday-Sunday evenings. The award-winning Spa at Willows Lodge features an outdoor relaxation pool, indoor steam room and an array of treatments including facials, massage, body and nail treatments. We look forward to your visit! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Preferred Hotels, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Willows Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Willows Hotel Woodinville
- Willows Resort Woodinville