“Excellent meal, excellent service”
Review of Arrowleaf Bistro - MOVED

Arrowleaf Bistro
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Highway 20
Reviewed June 9, 2014

The food was some of the best I've had since moving to Washington 18 months ago. It was fresh, perfectly cooked, beautifully presented, and with an excellent short wine list to match. We had the chance to meet with the chef and talk for a while. In all, the dining experience at Arrowleaf was fantastic. I wish I lived closer so we could go back.

1  Thank Athol_W
There are newer reviews for Arrowleaf Bistro

Reviewed April 27, 2014

I had a business dinner with 5 others and with dinner and a total of 7 drinks the bill was more than $50 pp. the food was good but lacked the flair the was needed to justify the price. The wine selection was good and the staff was knowledgeable, but the atmosphere was that of a local breakfast cafe, tables were too close and the table settings were cheap. I am not a snob but I do like value at any price.

3  Thank Ryan C
Reviewed April 15, 2014

A small restaurant in town that features locally grown and raised foods served with fine wines and great staff. Outside seating in the summer above the river.

1  Thank Emele C
Reviewed March 26, 2014

The front side of the house was excellent. Our server was polite and very attentive. The tables were neatly set and the overall cleanliness was top notch. The food didn't match the price or locale. It's as if the owner(s) and chef(s) believe they're in Carmel or some other glamourous location where people will pay a premium for entrees that include stuff like: Pinwheel Ferns, Wild Mushrooms & Turnip. What I'd envisioned for the $35.00 price tag was a terrific salad, followed by a perfectly baked and smothered potato alongside a two inch thick, perfectly grilled, medium rare, 12 ounce steak that I could cut with a fork. Followed by a nice slice of well spiced apple pie with a scoop of extra creamy, melt-in-your-mouth vanilla ice cream. What arrived were a few slices of bread followed by a nicely presented plate of sauce, ferns, mushrooms, turnips, super mini-potatoes, and finely sliced NY Steak that didn't equal 12 ounces and who knows? Perhaps it was something like Llama because it didn't look like any NY Steak I'd ever seen. Thinking back, the menu called this dish S.O.B which is how my wife and I felt after getting the heck out of Winthrop.

4  Thank Steven_Thompson_56
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Love this restaurant. Food always prepared with the utmost care. I'm a vegetarian and there are always several delicious and unique options to chose from. Owners and chefs are friendly and welcoming. If you're looking for a fabulous meal and dining experience in Winthrop, don't miss this opportunity to experience Arrowleaf Bistro.

1  Thank Heidi D