“Blues Weekend at the Chewuch Inn”

Chewuch Inn & Cabins
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Winthrop
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We have stayed at the Chewuch Inn for several years now during the Winthrop Blues Festival and the service, rooms, breakfast, hospitality, grounds and staff are absolutely excellent!! It is one of the best bed and breakfast establishments I've ever stayed at. Please give them a try, you won't be sorry!!

Room Tip: I can guarantee all of the rooms are clean and comfortable and I have never heard any complaints. We...
1  Thank Marilyn C

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We were two couples looking for a nice place to celebrate an anniversary and two birthdays. We both agreed we found the BEST place, Dan and Sally were friendly and very helpful. The rooms were clean and spacious. The grounds were quiet and we enjoyed watching a deer help itself to their apricot tree! After a delicious breakfast we were ready for the next adventure. We will gladly refer our friends to the Chewuch Inn and Cabins. We may have to do it again next year.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

This was our second year staying at Chewuch Inn. This year we were in room #4 which is in the basement. It is a lovely room and it stays cool during the hot summer weather so no need for air conditioning. The room sleeps five so perfect for a family. The breakfast is delicious and plentiful and the inn keepers are a wealth of knowledge about the area. We wanted a different area to bike and we were given directions to a great trail. Where else would you have Happy Birthday sung to you at check out! We will be back next year.

Room Tip: If you you want quiet and cool in the summer with no a/c noise sty in room 4
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank GarMary
Reviewed July 19, 2013

This restful place was a nice walking distance to the town & I got to experience walking on the steel cabled bridge. I always stop through between Bellingham, Washington & Sandpoint, Idaho. Dan is the absolute best & his cheerful attitude just speaks volumes. I eat at the River Side & their food is terrific. Winthrop is my kind of destination place. And on top of that I always get nice comments on my Indian Chief. Tom Jacobs

Room Tip: Get a corner room with the fireplace
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I brought 2 friends from Ohio to Washington to bicycle the North Cascades. I talked my in laws into driving a support vehicle (An SUV with a travel trailer in tow). The North Cascades are my favorite place, and I really wanted to give my friends a great experience.

After a tough day of bicycling over the North Cascades we come to stay in a beautiful Inn. We sat on a bench for over an hour soaking in the grounds. Then we checked in. We were given a food space to park our SUV and trailer. Had a great nights sleep in a comfy bed. And woke up to a great breakfast. I had gluten free waffle. My in laws had Decaf coffee from a french press. There was fresh quiche, yogurt, oatmeal. Perfect food or our long day, riding to Leavenworth. I have stayed at several places in Leavenworth. This is by far my favorite. I am sure that my in laws and I will return I the future, and maybe a return visitor from Ohio.

Room Tip: There isn't a bad room in the Inn. Each has it's own theme. I alept in a basement room and...
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My husband and I came over from the Bellevue area, we have stayed in different place, Bernies on the Bluff etc...but this place has a warm inviting charm of its own. We stayed in Will cabin 12. Yes the other cabins seem to be close, but per others comments you really see no one on your back deck. We barbequed steaks etc...watched the deer while eating on the back deck. The little cabins have everything you need and more. Most important the bed was one of the most comfortable beds ever! The owners & staff go above and beyond to make your stay a pleasant one. The breakfest is wonderful..and they have Gluten Free Waffles, just make sure you request the day before. It is very quiet and peaceful. The mama deer and baby twins were alot of fun to watch. I recommend this to anyone who wants a peaceful and relaxing get away. The prices are more then fair for all you get. 5+ stars to the Chewuck Inn & Cabins.
Sincerely, Mark & Brenda Lape

Room Tip: If you need to eat gluten free, request day ahead for GF Waffles, delicious!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2013

If you're looking for a personal touch, Chewuch Inn is a perfect lodge for you. Our welcome there was warm, with fresh, homemade scones waiting in the lovely breakfast room upon our arrival. After spending an evening socializing in the same room with our friends, we headed off to comfortable beds in quiet rooms away from the main roads. In the morning, we enjoyed an amazing breakfast that included the best egg, meat, and vegetable pie we had ever eaten, along with a huge variety of other offerings. No one could possibly leave hungry - it was a treat. I'd highly recommend this lodge if you are in the Winthrop area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends