“Shhh! We don't want everyone to know....”

Chewuch Inn & Cabins
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Winthrop
GreenLeadersGold level
Kirkland, Washington, United States
“Shhh! We don't want everyone to know....”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This was our second year staying at Chewuch Inn. This year we were in room #4 which is in the basement. It is a lovely room and it stays cool during the hot summer weather so no need for air conditioning. The room sleeps five so perfect for a family. The breakfast is delicious and plentiful and the inn keepers are a wealth of knowledge about the area. We wanted a different area to bike and we were given directions to a great trail. Where else would you have Happy Birthday sung to you at check out! We will be back next year.

Room Tip: If you you want quiet and cool in the summer with no a/c noise sty in room 4
Green Features: The inn ask that you reuse your towels rather than having them laundered each day. No big pool but a nice hot tube and places to sit under the trees.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank GarMary

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Hendersonville, North Carolina
Reviewed July 19, 2013

This restful place was a nice walking distance to the town & I got to experience walking on the steel cabled bridge. I always stop through between Bellingham, Washington & Sandpoint, Idaho. Dan is the absolute best & his cheerful attitude just speaks volumes. I eat at the River Side & their food is terrific. Winthrop is my kind of destination place. And on top of that I always get nice comments on my Indian Chief. Tom Jacobs

Room Tip: Get a corner room with the fireplace
Green Features: the bathroom amenities are absolutely wonderful & planned with so much thought.
Westerville, Ohio, United States
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I brought 2 friends from Ohio to Washington to bicycle the North Cascades. I talked my in laws into driving a support vehicle (An SUV with a travel trailer in tow). The North Cascades are my favorite place, and I really wanted to give my friends a great experience.

After a tough day of bicycling over the North Cascades we come to stay in a beautiful Inn. We sat on a bench for over an hour soaking in the grounds. Then we checked in. We were given a food space to park our SUV and trailer. Had a great nights sleep in a comfy bed. And woke up to a great breakfast. I had gluten free waffle. My in laws had Decaf coffee from a french press. There was fresh quiche, yogurt, oatmeal. Perfect food or our long day, riding to Leavenworth. I have stayed at several places in Leavenworth. This is by far my favorite. I am sure that my in laws and I will return I the future, and maybe a return visitor from Ohio.

Room Tip: There isn't a bad room in the Inn. Each has it's own theme. I alept in a basement room and...
Green Features: The grounds, breakfast all show a respect for nature.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My husband and I came over from the Bellevue area, we have stayed in different place, Bernies on the Bluff etc...but this place has a warm inviting charm of its own. We stayed in Will cabin 12. Yes the other cabins seem to be close, but per others comments you really see no one on your back deck. We barbequed steaks etc...watched the deer while eating on the back deck. The little cabins have everything you need and more. Most important the bed was one of the most comfortable beds ever! The owners & staff go above and beyond to make your stay a pleasant one. The breakfest is wonderful..and they have Gluten Free Waffles, just make sure you request the day before. It is very quiet and peaceful. The mama deer and baby twins were alot of fun to watch. I recommend this to anyone who wants a peaceful and relaxing get away. The prices are more then fair for all you get. 5+ stars to the Chewuck Inn & Cabins.
Sincerely, Mark & Brenda Lape

Room Tip: If you need to eat gluten free, request day ahead for GF Waffles, delicious!
Spokane Valley, Washington
Reviewed July 16, 2013

If you're looking for a personal touch, Chewuch Inn is a perfect lodge for you. Our welcome there was warm, with fresh, homemade scones waiting in the lovely breakfast room upon our arrival. After spending an evening socializing in the same room with our friends, we headed off to comfortable beds in quiet rooms away from the main roads. In the morning, we enjoyed an amazing breakfast that included the best egg, meat, and vegetable pie we had ever eaten, along with a huge variety of other offerings. No one could possibly leave hungry - it was a treat. I'd highly recommend this lodge if you are in the Winthrop area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Edwardsville, Illinois
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This Inn was a wonderful discovery. We attended a family wedding held in Winthrop with our 5 yr. old granddaughter in tow, as well as our adult daughter and her fiance. The Chewuch Inn and Cabins were ideally situated within walking distance of town and the wedding site, They put out a beautiful breakfast that works well for vegetarians and those who are gluten-free. Everything was clean and restful. Deer came up behind our cabin, In researching places to stay in the area, I also found the Cheuch Inn and Cabins to be amongst the best valued options, especially considering they include breakfast and had a beautiful oversized hottub.
The staff was incredibly friendly, helpful and accomodating of any request.

Room Tip: Nice to have the wee bit of extra room with a cabin.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 8, 2013

A weekend get away to celebrate my wife's birthday. Dan and his entire staff were friendly, helpful and provided local charm. Our room (17) was well comfortable and very well appointed - my wife indicated one of the best she has experienced. After tasty breakfasts, we enjoyed some golf (fun local course), hiking, and exploring the Methow Valley. Highly recommend this as a place to stay.

Bill