“Great Value - Perfect for Relaxation”

River's Edge Resort
Reviewed February 11, 2011

We found these cabins online, and decided to stay in early November. They are the perfect little getaway. Very clean and cozy. Loved having the hot tub to relax in at the end of the day. We stayed in the Cozy Cabin and it was very roomy, could easily fit 4 people. Its a nice walk through town. The Kitchen was nicely set up, and had everything you need for cooking.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank funk014
There are newer reviews for River's Edge Resort

Reviewed January 29, 2011

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay!!! The snow and blue skies really made the trip!!! Not to mention the three deer hanging out for 1 and 1/2 hours off our deck early in the morning!!!!! It was spotless and the hot tub was a welcome ending to incredible days!!! The privacy we experienced was most welcomed!!! Everyone in Winthrop was so friendly!!! We
can't wait to go back!!! Thank you all!!!!

• Stayed: January 2011
MrsRER, Owner at River's Edge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2011

Thank for taking time to share your experince at River's Edge Resort.

We are pleased to know you had a wonderful time enjoying Mother Nature at her finest and the relaxing hot tub.

Please do hurry back to enjoy River's Edge Resort and the town of Winthrop! We appreciate your patronage.

Safe Travels - Dennis & Heidi

Reviewed December 20, 2010

What a treat to find a place that was quiet, yet near activities to enjoy a stress free vacation. The private hot tub on the deck was such a treat. Even the deer wandering amidst the grounds added a touch of winter delight. The one bedroom cabin with kitchen was just right in terms of space. This place will even allow you enough money left over to go out for dinner in town.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sbhtennis
Reviewed October 19, 2010

We were on our annual "see the colors" trip in Eastern Washington and decided to try a different overnighter. We were well pleased with our choice. It's close to everything in the village yet away from the mainstream. Great spot to which we'll return. Now about the not quite excellent service. I always set up my laptop whenever the spot advertises WiFi, but this time I couldn't connect. Walked up to the office where I was informed a "no-connect" was frequent and was offered an ethernet cable. I always carry one, so no problem. But why not say so in the unit? Another factor – the night was cool, the morning cold, but the heat wouldn't turn on. It was if the thermostat was locked in the "vacant" setting. Now, why the title? The rule states: No pets, no smoking, no candles". But on the deck there's a blast furnace – a charcoal BBQ. No candles? Puzzling.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
MrsRER, Owner at River's Edge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback that helps us enhance our cabin amenities.

We recently installed ethernet (hard-wired) in all of the cabins, so our guests will have internet access using their laptops. We provided this upgrade due to the WiFi sigal not always being strong in the cabins. We do agree, if you were provided with this information it would of lessened your frustration. We apologize and will make this change.

We are uncertain about the thermator being set in a "vacant" mode; other than, the remote control needs to be aimed at the unit for it to register changes. There are operational instructions posted next to the remote. We will check all the cabins to ensure these instructions are present.

We do have a rule of "no burning" candles on the resort property due to a potential fire hazard, but also the damage it causes by candles dripping wax and scorching furniture services. The Weber BBQ's have been incident free for 13 years.

Again, We appreciate your helpful comments and look forward to seeing you at a future stay.

Sincerely, Dennis & Heidi

Reviewed September 22, 2010

My wife and I stubled upon this great location while fly fishing and discovering the eastern Cascades. Ms Heidi Knutzen/owner welcomed us with a clean, stocked cabin located on the creekside. The cabin was well stocked and spacious; the hot tub on the back deck overlooking the river was very relaxing. We will definitely return here when we are back in the area.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
MrsRER, Owner at River's Edge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2010

I am glad you stumbled across River's Edge Resort and enjoyed the Riverside Chalet with your private deck hot tub. It is a relaxing "hide-away" and enjoyed by many.

Thank you and it was a pleasure meeting you.

Safe Travels & I look foward to your next visit,
Heidi K.

Reviewed September 22, 2010

Rented two three-bedroom cabins for myself and five friends. We were in town for a wedding, and the cabins forked out great! The hot tubs were great...looking out over the river. Rooms weren't luxurious, but the worked great for us. I have 3 kids, and they would have worked perfectly for us. The cabins are just a few steps from a bunch of restaurants and shops. Highly recommend it!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends

We are glad to know the Riverside, Three-Bedroom Chalets worked for your group. One of the nice features of the Three-Bedroom Chalets is the connecting decks for those that have rented more than one (there is privacy with the permanent "privacy divider"). The chalets are very versatile and work for families, couples, retreats, etc.

The hot tubs are always enjoyed by our guests and the Riverside Chalets all offer a view of the Chewuch River where you will witness Mother Nature's Beauty ... eagles, deer, fish and beautiful water.

It was a pleasure having you stay with us. We understand the wedding was beautiful on the Sun Mountain property. Thank you for taking the time to submit a review, greatly appreciated.
Safe Travels, Dennis & Heidi

Reviewed July 15, 2010

I went to Winthrop for 5 nights to attend the memorial service of a very dear friend. I had never stayed in the town itself so I took a friend's recommendation that I should stay at the River's Edge Resort. I had never seen the resort before but I was very impressed. I had a one bedroom "chalet" that was self contained and right on the river's edge. It was extremely roomy and exceptionally clean. The kitchen is fully stocked with everything you need and the bed was very comfortable. They have WiFi in the room which was critical to me because I had to work out of my room for 2 1/2 days. The staff was very nice and helpful. It was very peaceful sitting on the back deck listening to the sounds of the river. I highly recommend the River's Edge Resort! Hazel

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo