“Average food, great beer!”

Old Schoolhouse Brewery
Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Winthrop
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Description: This family-friendly, riverside brewery and gastropub serves a plethora of award-winning beers that perfectly compliment our delicious, local food. Nestled in the foothills of the North Cascades National Park, this destination brewery is a gem of a discovery in every season. We regularly feature live music and are the thriving heartbeat of the Methow Valley. At OSB, our focus is on quality ingredients--the choicest hops, perfectly malted grains, and our famously delicious Winthrop water, all overseen by our award winning Head Brewer, Kyle Koger. At OSB, we are more than just about the beer. We bring the community together, so authentic connections can be made. Come discover for yourself! While you're here, be sure to say hi to our new owners--Jacob, Nathan & Troy! We can't wait to get to know you. Cheers--" A full list of where we sell our ales outside of the Methow Valley can be found on our website.
Anacortes, Washington
“Average food, great beer!”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Their motto is, "we're all about the beers" and they mean it! Associate loves microbrews and we try to visit them when we can. Its fun to try out different varieties. Anyway, I order a cup of chili and a pretzel and associate ordered the chorizo. My chili had too many tomatoes and not enough of everything else although there were two slices of black olives that were a nice touch. Would like to have seen more. Associate like his chorizo in fact, he boasted it was better than average and the beers were really some of the best I've ever sampled. If you're looking for GREAT BEER AND SOME FOOD, go here. If you're looking for GREAT FOOD AND SOME BEER, go to a restaurant devoted to food. I see rave reviews about the burgers, maybe I should have tried one of those instead. Service was better than average. I was going to give kudos here to our server but my phone wouldnt allow me to upload a review and now its been a couple days and I cant remember her name. Anyway, she was super friendly and made us feel almost like regulars and she's got her brothers on her arms.

• Visited March 2014

Spokane, Washington
“BURGER< BEER BANDS”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Such a great small town aspen feel. It was snowing, the music was SUPERB...James Coates or close (Sp) good feeling...HOWEVER>...closing at 10!! WTH...But I guess its better thank having a bunch of drunks on their hands.

Visited February 2014
“Beer & sweet potato fries”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Great Blonde beer & sweet potato fries. Pretty crowded though so be prepared to belly up to the bar with locals.

• Visited February 2014
Winthrop, Washington
“Small space , but great burgers and music”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

In the summer this place is hopping, so be aware, it may take a whileIn the winter it's pretty tight. .The beer is hard to beat, the burgers are great, the rest is just average for me so far? I love sitting by the river, but wish they brewed their ice tea instead of " the gun" stuff, yech.

• Visited January 2014
kamloops, b.c.
“Great food and beer”
Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

Had lunch as a group of eight, and came for beers one night.
Atmosphere is great, live music was excellent. The beer selections are varied and good. Food was great, service was quick, although it was not busy at all.
Bit more expensive than other places in town, but worth it!