“Great brews!”

Old Schoolhouse Brewery
Ranked #3 of 26 Restaurants in Winthrop
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Description: This family-friendly, riverside brewery and gastropub serves a plethora of award-winning beers that perfectly compliment our delicious, local food. Nestled in the foothills of the North Cascades National Park, this destination brewery is a gem of a discovery in every season. We regularly feature live music and are the thriving heartbeat of the Methow Valley. At OSB, our focus is on quality ingredients--the choicest hops, perfectly malted grains, and our famously delicious Winthrop water, all overseen by our award winning Head Brewer, Kyle Koger. At OSB, we are more than just about the beer. We bring the community together, so authentic connections can be made. Come discover for yourself! We can't wait to get to know you. Cheers--" A full list of where we sell our ales outside of the Methow Valley can be found on our website.
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We didn't have the chance to eat here, but they have some great beers that they brew right on premise.

With choices ranging from a Pale Ale to a great Imperial IPA, they have a brew for every preference.

It was great to be able to buy some of their award-winning brews to go by the bottle or growler. We'll be back for more and a meal next time.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I was spending a full week in Winthrop, WA for my summer (hiking) vacation. And this was the place to hang out in the evening for dinner and having a good time. I went there every night.

The different beers they have were excellent, and I think for everybodies taste there is one, going from light Pilsner style beer through IPA, through different Stouts. No wonder they won a couple of prices.

And the food. Awesome. I think I tried almost the whole menu - starting with the Cowboy Burger, the Beer Braut, Steak Sandwhich, Pork Sandwich and and and. And the herb fries coming with them ... I think I never tasted such fresh fries ever. And don't forget the Spinach Dip - delicous to the power of two - at least.

The patrons were all levels, tourists like me, but also locals, and all ages. It made a really good crowd. I even more liked that the TV's were turned off most of the time (except for some 'important' football game one night, which was fine) and music was playing instead, so people talked to each others instead staring at TV screens.

And the staff indeed lived up on what they state on their web page: "... one can sit, relax, and make positive connections with others. ... authentic awesome customer service ...".

They were open and friendly, but not fake friendly. Thank you especially to Trevor, Annie, Haley, and Brittney, who worked and served me when I was there, but also to the whole team. You rock.

I shall return. ;-)

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We had to wait a good hour to get seats on the lower deck by the river. The live band kept patrons sitting at their tables much longer than usual. Once we finally got a seat, the service was great and the food was scrumptious. Well worth the wait for the fun atmosphere.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

At first we didn't realize there were two decks out back. We actually had a beer, then left and came back after checking out the town. Glad we did. The beer was excellent, I enjoyed the Swiftwater IPA. We sat outside in a festive atmosphere. It was good hearing some live music and the food was good including the wings and burgers. Although we ate elsewhere our second night in Winthrop, we had to stop by and have a couple draughts.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Don't let the small front of the Old Schoolhouse fool you. This is a normal sized Pub/ Resturant with a 2 level deck out back. We were there in late July on a Saturday night and "the Last Outlaws" were playing. They had 3 of the best vocalists I've ever heard in a Country band and were all outstanding musicians to boot. Add this to the dancing, great food (try their homemade burgers) and Award winning beers (My favorite was the "Ruud Awaking IPA" - outstanding!) and it's the most fun you can have with your clothes on!

Keep up the great efforts folks. We'll be back for sure.