“Nice outdoor deck”

Duck Brand Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 23 Restaurants in Winthrop
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Portage, MIchigan, USA
“Nice outdoor deck”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

Stopped here on a warm summer evening so we could sit out on their raised deck that overlooked the town of Winthrop. Meals ordered included steak, fajitas and ribs. All were good. Service was average - but probably just a little more laid back than we're used too.

Visited July 2014

Bellingham, Washington
“Great Recommendation by a Local”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

We enjoyed the refreshing outdoor seating where you can watch the activities of the town down below. My husband had the steak dinner and I had a Mexican Combo of a Chile Relleno and Enchilada. We were both pleased with our choices. I only ate half of mine and was stuffed. Thanks to the Lost River Winery for recommending this as his most frequented place to eat in Winthrop!

Visited June 2014
Tucson, Arizona
“Ok Place for Sharing a Quick Meal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

The outdoor seating was one of this places pluses. Food would not be the other. Service was pretty good.

We shared a salad and burger. We did enjoy them but nothing special. The wine was a nice quantity for the price.

Again, the deck above the main street in the trees was very nice. We enjoyed the experience because of the location.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank BEC308
Kelowna, Canada
“Great Breakfast Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

We enjoyed two great breakfasts at this restaurant. Each day features a different special and the omelettes are very tasty. The coffee is a little weak, but the service is excellent.

Visited July 2014
New York, NY
“Pleasantly Surprised!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

Let's be honest. Me and my dad did not have high expectations for a cafe in a town that has a western theme. But hey, we needed to eat dinner, and the owner of the inn we stayed in recommended this place. Here is the rundown:
-- Great outdoor deck with plenty of seating outside (and inside)
-- A varied menu, with Mexican food to pastas to everything else.
-- personable, friendly, accommodating staff.
-- in the heart of downtown

What we ate:
Nachos -- I was craving these, and they delivered. nachos how nachos are supposed to be made. Delicious.
Fettuccini -- this was my dad's entree and he is still talking about it days later. I am not joking. And he is a 69 year old Italian from Brooklyn that knows his pasta.
Jambalaya -- ok, now first off this is NOT Jambalaya. But the waiter (thanks Tim!) warned me about this and said to get it anyway because it was great...so I did and it WAS AMAZING. Writing about it now, I wish I could have more. It's basically pasta with amazing sauce and shrimp, sausage and other goodness. Just order it.

Overall, this was a great local spot with local food that is made with love. The chef apparently worked here for 15+ years and then bought the place. He makes everything, and as our waiter said..."what he touches turns to gold." ...and ends up in our bellies. YUM!

Visited June 2014